New science thread

Looks like someone ordered hours cleaning, so we have a fresh start

My new PHG lore bit

Oh no, I think @Doctor has been axed again. So unfortunate; I’ll be bored at work again tomorrow

1 Like

That’s rough, Magic Mike’s gone. @TheSenate @Fire what are we gonna do now that the old thread is gone?

That’s lame as hell. You seriously suck at this.
You’re fucking lame. Youd think after 4 years you’d be better but I guess you cant improve at ANY TIME.

Get fucked nerd.

1 Like

Start it anew.

1 Like

First science topic.

Why is @Anyt1m3 such a lame bitch?

@Ahab
@TheSenate

1 Like

Lol

I’ll have to keep trying.

Probably more of a question for my gun forums, but I’ve been trying to beat the ballistic problem of firearms underwater.

Even well known and time tested firearms such as the AK-47 platform with a 7.62x39mm bullet will only reach at most 7 feet, even with really heavy powder loads.
Special underwater firearms for military purposes have been made that can fire special flechette/needle rounds that are extremely long and have slim profiles. These can be chambered in multiple different calibers but are generally effective up to 100 feet. A vast improvement, but extremely rare and expensive, and often times only offered through military contracts, so unavailable to the average citizen.

Now in florida, a man is tackling the invasive lionfish problem by underwater firearm hunting. He modified his 9mm glock to fire underwater, and from what I can gather that was adding a suppressor, making the internals more resistant to the insane corrosion that saltwater brings, and tweaking some spring strengths. His gun is effective up to 6 feet and uses custom loaded heavy powder lead-free rounds.

So I would posit that there may be a very cheap and easy way for the average man to get into underwater firearm hunting, and that is to go to the other end of the spectrum with a double barrel 12 gauge break action shotgun.
For their simplicity and how common they are, it would be very easy to make one corrosion resistant or just to get an already beat to hell one that you don’t care about the longevity of. For safety purposes, I suggest making it corrosion resistant.
To use underwater, a steel slug would be necessary. Buckshot and birdshot would lose energy too quickly. Specifically, a slug with a pointed tip called a sabot slug.

I think it’s plausible that the sheer force a 12 gauge uses would be more than sufficient to make a pointed steel slug that would cleanly part the water deadly around 10-25 feet underwater. Which would be a nice increase in range from current reasonably available underwater firearms solutions while being at the lowest cost.

TLDR: The answer, use a gun. And if that don’t work, use more gun I think?

Huck Finn is a classic. Hunting grounds doesn’t have the best story, so I was inspired by Twain to mix it up.

Fak man I made a joke about Huck Finn but the thread went down before you saw it.

I cautioned you against reading aloud in public whenever the book mentions a man named Jim.

What happened here? Our discussion about English has been lost…

I think youd be better off not using a gun that works in a TRADITIONal sense, but more like a harpoon type gun, but find a way to make it semi auto.

Like no joke, wouldn’t that work better?

1 Like

That one guy, StrutleRUS or whatever his name was got the other thread shut down. So here we are.
Since you’re here, what do you think po f underwater guns?

You absolute failure.

I don’t like water. I have a fear of the ocean and have had dreams of drowning in puddles.

Are you a tiny being?

I did see that. You think it should be a banned book in schools. I thinks that’s when I read it

1 Like

Only way is up

Exactly.😁