New Sniper Rifle:
- Friendly Splash damage
- Low ammo count
- Projectile-based (super-bad for sniper-style gameplay)
- One good thing is the splash damage so you can spam it with less accuracy and score hits.
- Another nice thing is the semi-auto fire.
- Finally it’s nice that you can shoot a Pred on the trees a lot easier.
- In essence I think that you have to ignore that its a sniper rifle and treat it like some sort of mini-rocket launcher.
If you actually want to play at a long distance, just play recon with more perk points (tracker+bane) or (lots of defensive perks). You just lose 5 hitpoints.
I feel the character does not know what it wants to be. As a sniper class, recon is better, at a closer range: Assault/Dutch87 but then you get punished from the low HP and no passive defence. Maybe as a full on sniper with SAWZ, but then you miss out on tracker so it does not make much sense.
New map is great! :)