News about Prey 2022

Relation to Billy right? The way she said “There’s something out there”.

1 Like

Guess Dan Trachtenberg isn’t aware of the canon lore about the Amengys doing genetics manipulations on the yautjas ancestors.

This is not canon, the Alpha and the Amengys are not canon: they were created in old books and re-introduced by Predator Hunting Grounds in collaboration with NECA,
but the ONLY canonical source are the movies.
The rest (books, movies, videogames, etc) are the “expanded universe”.

1 Like

Unfortunately, honestly we just need a rundown of what is and isn’t canon because some good source material and head canons are fucking amazing for Predator.

1 Like

I love a lot of the expanded universe stuff too (Dechande/Broken Tusk is my favourite yautja ever, just saying),
but we already know what is canon and what is not:
the movies are, the rest is not.

It’s sad to say it, but too many people misunderstand the lore because of not getting that many stories, even if good or important, are not canonical.

I do have my personal canon too, but without forgetting what the reality is.

1 Like

first visit of earth lol

1 Like

Confirmed by the director that Feral Predator will not have a plasmacaster:

3 Likes

Predator Hunting Ground is canon.

1 Like

So the weapon using the lasers might be a type of spear gun, like the javelin in Dead Space.

1 Like

No, it’s not… the only canon is what it’s shown in the movies.
The rest is expaned universe.
PHG did a great job, really, but it’s still a videogame, like Predator: Concrete Jungle or AvP 2010, and it’s part of the expanded universe with them, and with every good (or bad) comics or games out there.

The main events of the game on OWLF, Dutch and Isabelle recordings are canon, the only things that is not is the multiplayer character customisations and characters brought back from the dead.

niveau 1

Comicsrcool

·il y a 1 a

The games canon, saw an article around the games conception explaining that it’s canon

“We’ve worked with Fox a lot to make sure the authenticity is there, and how we can add more to the canon of the movies,” thus it is canon, the game a,d it’s novel.

1 Like

I see what you mean, and I totally get your confusion, but “We’ve worked with Fox a lot to make sure the authenticity is there, and how we can add more to the canon of the movies” does NOT mean that what is narrate in the game is canon:
it means that the team worked with Fox to decide what they could narrate, what they could ADD TO the canon of the movies

There’s a little difference between saying

• We’re creating a conical story faithful to the movies canon
    (that is what they should have said if the game was canonical)

and saying

• We worked with Fox to make you feel that there’s authenticity and to see what we can add to the canon
    (which is what they said)

Then you are free to see PHG as canon, everyone can, but I still want to point out that probably it’s not canon as the movie.

3 Likes

Aaaaaaawwws in disappointment…

I got your point here :/
We will see if they got even close to Dutch’s come-back in the future movies then.

2 Likes

Concrete Jungle is technically canon, because in the Post Credits scene scientists mention Weyland’s disappearance which was 26 years prior back in AVP

1 Like

I honestly don’t care what anyone says, PHG is canon, there’s too many good things in the game to be taken out of canon

Such as? The only thing is the audio tapes and there isn’t much in them

Mate no, I love Concrete Jungle, it’s a little gem, but that thing doesn’t make the game canon, it’s the opposite actually:
AvP is canon in the Concrete Jungle narrative (because as you say they mention those events), but to have Concrete Jungle canon we should have the events OF Concrete Jungle mentioned in a movie.

Even AvP 2010 mentioned Weyland death in the AvP movie (as probably many others comics, games, stuff do) but that doesn’t make that game canonical, same thing as Concrete Jungle.

And be free to have your personal canon with PHG in it, as said it’s cool and I do it too for things I like,
just be conscious of the “objective division of what is canon and what is not”.

2 Likes

Its ok to have your own personal mindset. I personally like to think the stories around Keyes, Dutch and Isa from PHG are indeed canon. While things like the comics and maybe some of the books may not be, because these are such important characters with their lore, I like to imagine they are indeed canon to the films. At least, the main line films.

3 Likes

Concrete Jungle’s main events happened in 2030 which is 5 years after HG at the current time. And right now HG is canon, so due to Wolf’s involvement in the game both AVP movies are once again canon to the Predator timeline (Though considering Lex’s spear was in 2018 this shouldn’t be too surprising.)

1 Like

The future events are 2030 but when Scarface was exiled was 100 years prior and I don’t think that’s canon so as much as I’d like Scarface to be canon I don’t think he is

1 Like