News about Prey 2022

Cool

Fuck

Bullshit

Not canon until it’s made official

If CJ is getting modern NECA figures, of which an entire line is being made this year, and the writers for this game said they took from CJ to get a basis for this game’s story then CJ is canon.

1 Like

Thank god

That’s pretty fair.

A normal writer probably would of went “he didn’t use it because honor”

Shows some excellent forsight we don’t normally see cough disappearing knife cough

Just because they’re making a line of the figures now doesn’t mean it’s canon. As for them taking to make a basis of the story they basically just said they took ideas from it to make their own. Scarface is my favorite predator so it would be cool if he was but he isn’t. Like the other guy said only true canon is the movies and hunting grounds extended on that but I don’t think it’s true canon and just extended universe canon. The comics and books aren’t canon besides in their own universe the only Neca figures that are canon are the ones that belong to the movie predators like “Berserker” mr.black and wolf, jungle hunter etc.

2 Likes

Concrete Jungle is a good game, but it shouldn’t be canonized simply because Grant butthole Morrison was involved with it and every single thing he’s ever written should be wiped from the annals of history because he stinks. Or a completely fake person should be invented to give the Concrete Jungle credit to. But all his other works…GONE!!

PHG is not officially canon, you can se the argument analyzed in the previous comments in this topic.

Same goes for CJ,
the presence of the AvP movie events in the game doesn’t make the game itself canon, it’s just the writers referencing the material they worked on (the movies of the saga), exactly as PHG team did.

Also NECA descriptions are NOT canon, I like them a lot, and many of them I consider in my personal canon, but they are not,
even for the Preds appeared in the movies, like the description of Berserker/Mr.Black saying he was the youngest to ever slay a xenomorph, that is not canon but only a piece of author-ish fantasy of the toy writers, then as I said, we can SEE IT as canon, because it’s cool and nothing contradict it, but it’s not officially canonical.

I swear I always forget that it’s written by Morrison, such a shock to find out ahahah.

Own personnal mindset,

It reminds me of Arnold Schwarzenegger refusing to appear in The Predator 2018 as cameo at the ending scene because it was too cheap for his status among the franchise lore, yes, even if the producers and Shane Black insisted on the fact that he will reprise Dutch’s role in the direct sequel(s).
(PHG was presumably build around this point, telling Dutch’s story from 87 to 2018 in some way)

And now with have Arnie doing voice overs for a video game in witch more of his lines will be use on Dutch recordings, sur they explore his lore, he must have changed his personnal mindset toward this, small jobs, you know.

2 Likes

I feel like it wasn’t just too cheap he probably didn’t like the story either and I wouldn’t be surprised he wasn’t in it after he saw it or at least heard how bad the movie was lol.

but think of the invisible stripper assassins put to film!!

You’re playing a dangerous game with Xeno, good luck.

So if feral doesn’t have a PC, of what use is the laser?

I bet the laser was added for the trailer and he doesn’t have one in the movie

1 Like

Bow probably

2 Likes

I’m sure it’s in the movie otherwise how would they know to pull the other person away

1 Like

The scene in the field did not show if anything came out after laser, but i guess something was expected as Naru interfered

1 Like

Good point