No updates this month?

So, i didn’t check news about PHG for a while…Why no any updates this month??? I understand that illfonic is a company on which there is no point in hoping but still, why? They have added only useless masks(although quite good). Where is new map? Where is new gamemode? I heard something that there won’t be any huge updates until holidays end… Is it true? If yes, than it’s just the most stupid decision! lmao. Playing the same gamemodes with same balance 1 or 2 more months. just LUL

Any news about “normal” update?

2 Likes

Also, does anyone play this at all? Personally, I haven’t logged into the game for over a month … It’s just interesting to know if people still have hopes for this company and the game

All they’ve said is holiday update. So really nobody’s knows anything.

1 Like

It’s in my rotation of games

It’s true

No update until an unspecified date in December

It should be worth the wait

1 Like

Same hope as for the Clash gamemode? :D

normal gamemode waiting room

Most likely it will contain some substantial stuff but not enough, they would have to release a new mode, map, and ft and predator dlc and level cap increase for it to be worth imo but thats expecting too much out of these devs, and well balance but thats a never ending struggle especially how disconnected the dev team is too the community.

Even RDR2 will have new huge update in december(no worthy updates for more than half a year).

I have not watched the news for a month and it is better to keep not watching. Because this is both funny and sad…

Yup pretty much ive been busy with other games, mostly Dead By Daylight, PHG has been on the back burner for awhile.

They have been silent most of November so you haven’t missed much really.

Why is that? F13 wasn’t their fault and this game is still following the path that DBD took so they’re no different than other companies.

Yes

Illfonic: releases monthly updates

Community: complains about balance, bugs, and lack of dynamic gameplay.

Illfonic: delays updates to provide bigger content drops with less bugs, better balance, and more dynamic gameplay.

Community: complains that content is delayed to TWO months

Me: laughs in siege’s 3 month seasons.

1 Like

There at the same point dbd was before they got there shit together somewhat, and hoping these spread out updates achieves more quality.

Im personally glad they stopped monthly updates it was not benefiting them at all.

1 Like

Holiday/December is a massive update so they are more focused on that right now. Next big update will be in Spring

December is a choke point for them if they mess up, they will potentially lose alot of players, and or credibility.

4 Likes

Yep, but just like DBD, Siege, and For honor. It was all shite their first year, but made a major comeback. I can see this game doing that only because the devs stopped replying to their community and started focusing on the game to give what was asked or make the game better as a whole. I have faith in Illfonic. Honestly, F13 was great and was constantly getting better. What killed them was the lawsuit and the random person playing Jason instead of a separate lobby like many of these 1v4 games do. So, they have caught on somewhat to some of these other successful 1v4 games are doing. So, with that my hopes are high for them. Rather be positive towards them than bash them

1 Like

Thank you exactly. All games go through this.

Theres the phase where everything is aweful, the amazimg phase after the game saving update, and then the after update phase where the game dips a bit in quality but is still good.

2 Likes

We getted THREE MASKS already.

1 Like

While I agree with most of your points the complete radio silence is not good for this type of game, they need better communication, cause its the community that determines the life of the game, its by the feedback and suggestions of the community that helps the game grow, transparency is key which so far has been hit or miss.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t compare Siege or For honor with PHG. Both games were playable and had more quality in gameplay in their first year. And even then, we could see some progress in devs work to increase quality. Personally I don’t see such improve in illfonic work. They just cannot understand what community needs and now they are moving in really wrong way with their politic of silence. Also bad balance, unnecessary DLCs, bad optimisation etc. And I cannot say that this happen because of their unexpirience, they have already made 2 games(at least DBD was quite good and funny)…
That’s just to bad work on this game. And it’s sad. People are quit this game because there are just no any updates. In such type of game there should be often updates OR a gameplay that wouldn’t be boring after at least few months. Unfortunately we don’t have anything of this

1 Like

I can partly understand the radio silence, as they said before that’s when they are majorly focusing on the game. They are also a smaller company so no set team for responding to feedback. There is also the COVID issue so less people to work on the game. But, you also have to think how many people don’t give honest feedback, only bash them so much it can be demoralizing to a team of devs. So, a good bit of the community caused them to not want to be responsive. Sadly, some people don’t understand how much work goes into programing and editing. A lot of the community I’ve noticed too don’t know how to give constructive criticisms and instead are outright vulgar and hateful.

Trolls are major problem with the game also people who try to talk balance but only play one side, covid is major issues and launch probably would not have been as rough if it weren’t for the virus, also yes programming is a bitch(I’ve tried) and its most likely the time crunch that has caused most game breaking bugs.

2 Likes

I have been a day one player in For Honor, the game was honestly terrible in the beginning. I mean BAD. Games crashed constantly and lag was terrible. Entire lobbies would drop out mid game. They had a lot of glitches and exploits. You also had way overpowered characters get buffed out of favoritism and ones that desperately needed buffed nerfed. The game lost most of its following rather quickly and the game almost died out on console in the first year. Then, they made a major come back. So far this game has been the exact same that for honor was at the beginning. I stayed though through all of it with For honor because I wanted to see the game succeed. Much like this one I am gonna stick it out because I want the game to succeed and make that comeback. Sometimes, just gotta take the hits if you want a great outcome

1 Like