Objectives completed waay to fast.

So enjoying playing scout class at the mo, and doing a proper stealth distance game. New map loaded up and the chopper was called in 3-4minutes of the game starting. I get having a slick FT … But clearly the game didn’t throw enough at them.

Games need to be longer to set up some stalking, with simultaneous objectives to force the FT to spread out … It’s not to make it easier but more authentic.

8 Likes

That just means you’re not pressuring them enough.

just explode when they call the chopper , they cant escape xD

4 Likes

I used to think that way. As a Pred, it can be frustrating to not be able to stalk your prey. However, on the FT side, when I ran with random teammates, the objectives seemed to take forever vs when I run with my actual squad. A full compliment of 4 players, all mic’d, all in communication and all functioning according to their role, AND all familiar with the mission objectives/locations can meet quick work of almost any mission. The exceptions are those where an objective must be camped upon to complete. And even then, other members can be elsewhere to complete other objectives as soon as they pop up. It’s just the nature of the game. The only way to combat this as Pred is to wipe them fast and be merciless, no reinforcing. As far as programming goes, may I suggest you make a post in the feedback topics about this. Perhaps, in a future update illfonic could mix up objective locations more for simple things like HVT’s to kill (i.e. NOT the location of the Preds corpse you have to destroy) so as not to gonto the same places on the map each time. Stuff like that. Good luck!

2 Likes

not true my friend , i dont have squad (90% of my games i play solo ) and i finish the quest super fast

1 Like

Of course there are always exceptions. Im just speaking of my own experience.

It all depends on how much the predator pressures the FT. Sometimes I’ve finished that map in 5 mins, sometimes we where down to 3 minutes left after using reinforcements.

1 Like

Do people really think that this is fun and like fine?
Like i honestly dont think its fine lol, its what makes this game repetitive and boring.

They had so much more potential for the objective concepts such as like being slightly briefed on the beginning of the mission but without the location where everything is… you must go through every location on map to find out clues and finish the mission…

Sure but at the same time you need to nerf the hell out of the pred.

Why do people think changes to mechanics are a nerf?

They would have to just make the maps bigger and better to hide for both sides

They would also have to change how target isolation behaves and works.

To me that is not a nerf lol… to me that is a step to better game

Objectives can be speed run WAY to easily. In a given match the FT should be forced to visit 3/4 major camps and at least either:

1. have to backtrack to a previously visited area at least once
    OR
  2. split up to 2 different camps, both objectives have to be held/interacted with simultaneously.

I used to encounter the same problem with Scout and the inherent nature of a paper-pred not being able to pressure them enough (unless you are a scout god like @REYNOSO_FUA11).
The way to work around that is to use this or a very similar build:

Specialization -Disciplined = no clicking
W1: Combistick -DO NOT MELEE! use the throws!
W2: Smart Disc -This depends on skill level, if you are comfortable using it, this will be the best weapon you have.
Gear: Healing Kits, Audio Decoys
Perks: Large Pouch, Down Range/Dithered Lens, + Impatient are a MUST for starting scouts.

DISCIPLINED + AUDIO DECOYS are a MUST! FT won’t know where you are 9/10 of the time, and as a scout you need that.
AND use these strategies:

1.Combi-Snipes and follow up Caster or second throw, and then run smart disc. Don’t let them get up, drive it through and past the reviving FT and release so it hits them on the way back, insta-downing them. USE CASTER TOO!
2. If you are good with the disk, just do the above strategy but replace some combi throws with the disc. ALWAYS do this if they are required to interact w/objective and will be standing still -use the same hit, let it fly through a few feet and recall for return downs strategy here. Same with this, USE CASTER TOO!

Don’t let them have 3 seconds without getting pelted, otherwise they’ll just keep speed running objective.

2 Likes

NO!!!
1, let me emphasize that, ONE FT can currently out DPS the pred melee. Current pred balance would actually make the game equally balanced if they had to increase mission time. It would give really good preds a chance at beating a good pre-made, and public matches would actually be a 50-50 balance for once.

3 Likes

Well the issue is the structural construction of objectives.

Cause you can speedrun them lol… and it literally takes 1 guys to do them… what the shit is that.

Is this game called Rambo: Hunting Grounds

1 Like

Increasing the time it takes for FT to finish a game is a huge buff for the predator. Stealth for FT is meaningless in this game even if you remove target isolation, good preds only use it for pigs anyway.

More time = more odds of making a mistake that is fatal for FT. Usually you don’t even get to reinforce (very long time). Let’s say you double the time it takes to finish missions, they you should double the gear and ammo the FT has as well as amp the HP they have so the possibility of making that fatal mistakes decreases…

You have no idea what you are talking about. Get a good pred like Dan or Sharpy and 1v1 him and out dps him down. Then come back. The predators speed and maneuverability ensures he is placing far more damage into you then the other way around.

Even with my 200 hp (support and thick sking) if I try to trade hammerhead fire with plasma blat it ends really bad for me. So if the pred targets me I run and hope the others shoots him back as I dodge.

You are in absolute wrongness here.

Stealth is crucial in a game like this + this game is also a PVPE game and also asymmetrical game.

Stealth is a must… its more a must than anything else lol…

Thats why i suggested the stealth mode mechanic for both sides in the game… fireteam gets to use bushes and be mudded and not spotted so easily or at all if mudded and slowly walking right.

They get to do stealth kills and conserve their ammo.

No I am not, but you sure seem to not be playing the same game as the rest of us. THERE IS NO STEALTH GAME FOR FT IN THIS GAME!

Your suggestion would not work unless the entire game is reworked, top to bottom. Once the predator finds the team its impossible to hide from him.

Yes there is some right now but not enough for these changes… Hence why i did these rework ideas.

You are wrong and right here… you dont need to rework entire game to make this possible lol.

You just gotta have faith lol

Clearly I know much more about what I’m talking about than you. I suck as FT, and if a random public match pred goes in for melee I can feel fairly confident that I can just just mag-dump him into second wind. AND I RUN ASSAULT no OWLF Trained OR Thick Skin.

Oh dear god, I just realized you’re one of those FT who just stands still and tries to snipe the pred across the map with an Assault Rifle and complains when you get hit with a range weapon. Learn to take cover and Git Gud. If pred plasma bothers you so much, take all your sniper skill and learn to shoot the SAW-Z50 and take that mask.

LOL what stealth is in the game right now? You can negate it all, you even have perks to make it completely useless, even specializations lol.

I’ve been asking for preds not to be able to at least trigger alarms so perhaps we sillencers would have a use but guess how fast preds mains attacked me for it?

I have faith in God, not in the developers of this game that failed quite a few times up to now. The maps, predator speed (how fast he can cross the map), sounds and quite a few other things would mean that you need to scrap everything and reword everything (current maps are useless) to make it happen.

1 Like