Official PCDS Predator: Hunting Grounds Tournament - World Championship Edition

Community Friendly Mini-Tournament - Discord

The Tournament will take place from March 4, 2022 through March 13, 2022
During those 10 days every fireteam squad will face every predator one time.

Prizes: (To be announced)

Rules

General:

No DLC Classes allowed
Samurai
Valkyrie
Cleopatra
City Hunter
Viking
Exiled
Falconer
Mr. Black
Dutch 2025
Dutch 87
Dante
Isabelle

Predator player will always host, no exceptions allowed. If you do not wish to play with high ping, you can ask to not play that match.
Predator players can play as fireteam as long as they understand and accept they will play a match less as each faction and that may affect their final score
At least one player in the match is required to stream the game live on twitch, youtube or the tournament discord

Exceptions - Captured and Jungle Junter 87 are allowed since they share the same stats as Hunter

Absolutely no toxicity, trash talking, calling others cheaters, etc. Anyone who does this will be immediatelly banned from the tournament. If is someone in a team the whole team will be removed as well. Play nice and be friendly.
Under no circumstances will exploits be allowed, that includes using gear/weapons in slots which aren’t allowed. Using more perk points the class allows. Using specializations not available on a class. Using macros to quick fire the Grimtech, escaping from the netgun, shoot combistick/bow/plasma in a single attack, break parry animations

Fireteam:

In the true nature of how I believe the game was meant to be played

Each fireteam must be composed of 4 different classes
1 Assault
1 Recon/OWLF Operative
1 Scout
1 Support

Class weapon locks
Assault rifles can only be used by Assault and Scout Classes
Sniper Rifles can only be used by Recon/OWLF Operative Classes
Heavy Weapons can only be used by Support Class
PDL can only be used by Recon Class - The reasoning behind this is how strong this weapon can be in establishing a perimeter. OWLF can carry ammo bags which can be abused to continuously keep the perimeter in what I believe is an unfair way

Banned Perks
Heavy Hitter
Yautja’s Bane
Tracker
XP Perk

Banned specializations
Sniper
Deadly
Leader (currently bugged)
Scavenger (exploitative)
Fanatic (bugged)

Predator

Axe is currently bugged, therefore is not allowed to be played with

Banned Perks
Downrange
Fearless
Trapper
XP Perk

Banned Specializations
Ghost
Stalker
Analytic
Enraged (Bugged)

Scoring

Each time a Predator player wins it will be awarded a winning point and the XP amount will go to an XP pool
Each time a fireteam wins it will be awarded a winning point and the collective XP will go to an XP Pool

Winning

At the end of the tournament each Pred player and Fireteam will be scored with the following formula:
(Wins/Matches)*XP-Pool

There will be two winners, one Fireteam and one Predator
The Predator with the highest score will be awarded the title of winner and the Fireteam with the highest score will be awarded the title of winner

Winning Scenarios

Predator successfully kills the Fireteam - Predator Win
Predator successfully prevents the Fireteam from escaping - Predator Win
Fireteam successfully kill the Predator - Fireteam win
Fireteam successfully escapes - Fireteam win

Draw scenarios

Timer runs out without any kills
Predator dies but the bomb kills the remaining Fireteam

One last thing, this game is full of bugs. We all know it. This is not a competitive game and cannot be treated as such. Although this is a tournament, it is a friendly one and is not meant to bring toxicity between all of us, but the opposite, to bring players together so people that normally don’t play together, do so. If you glitch out, get stuck on a tree or a rock, kindly let everyone know and restart the match if necessary. Players who, knowingly, attack someone who has called out being glitched out, will be considered toxic and expelled.

19 Likes

Bro you know damn well people are gonna throw a shit fit over these rules.

8 Likes

let them. The rules are my opinion of what I consider fair/unfair in the game at the moment given how high damage/fast paced the game is

2 Likes

4 Likes

Mr. Black is DLC.

Also, when you’re playing a match, can we request the AI damage be increased to 1000%? :)

1 Like

Absolutely. AI should also have 10,000 HP. That way predator can team up with FT to kill that menace

1 Like

When is this going to go down?

Depends on how many people we get in. I’m aiming to make it as soon as possible, so ideally in two weeks on a weekend where usually more people are available.

1 Like

This

I like this…

5 Likes

Bet, I could actually schedule that off perfectly more than likely, I’ll do fireteam if I’m able to make it

1 Like

I’d like to see how many frustrated Predator players feel when playing like this. I know how having 4 supports, 3 or 4 saw-z’s, etc. can just break the game. I feel playing like this will be a very positive experience for everyone.

2 Likes

shouldn’t you ban fanatic and enraged since they too are bugged/exploitative? or are they fine?

didn’t knew about those. I can add them to the ban list

If it were up to me, I would turn them off altogether, but sadly they can only be turned off for FT

yeah enraged never turns off and fanatic never turns off either if you don’t use a medkit (so syringes are fine and keep fanatic going)

Well I’ll join, need a good challenge. Aside from the Apples & Sam’s team, haven’t had one in ages.

1 Like

What do you guys think about map selection? Should everyone play the same map? Should we let the host decide or should it be a random selection?

Excavation & Backwater shouldn’t be allowed since they’re having performance issues ATM.

Well Backwater is not even playable ATM

For me Headquaters hinders the performance badly, that’s why I had to lower my resolution to 720P in order to play at a decent framerate. It’s very sad that consoles do not allow to lower the rendering resolution.

1 Like

Oh my Pro runs every map but Excavation Day fine. Excavation Night even runs fine. But for some reason the Day version of Excavation has been at like 12FPS ever since the Hunting Pack Update. Ran fine before that.

I like this idea homie, but i have a few questions, like, why limit the weapon selections on ft?

I understand only allowing recon to have a sniper rifle, but why can’t they use an assault rifle?

Also in that same light, can’t an operative use a sniper rifle as well? They have the “sniper” perk.

And while i agree with the spec limitations, i think the perk limitations could be tweaked. I honestly don’t see anything wrong with FT or Pred running any of those.

Also instead of recon running pdl, shouldn’t the operative use em since it’s OWLF tech?

Other than that this seems like fun man I’d be down.