Oh GOUD: The Matrix Ressurrections 2021 REVIEW.

I gotta read some other reviews cause it looked like they were generally favourable from IMDB, rottentomatoes and Metacritic. I wander what positives they saw

@Finessology

It was essentially like if Marvel/Disney made The Matrix since its pretty much a reboot.

There was something bothering me every other minute, no lie. From new Agent Smith looking like a Gap model complete with ankle socks and loafers, to new Morpheus (who is now a network of particles that defy gravity) jumping on ledges when he literally floats.

They have these dumb cutesy insect robots and a big bird robot that fucking somehow Naiobi can hold a conversation with despite it just making weird noises. Considering the good insect robots, I’m thinking this movie had a big Eastern influence, everyone over there is obsessed with bugs.

A bit too much comedy, snarkyness, little quips you’d hear in a Marvel movie are officially the norm now in movies, which is just pathetic.

Honestly, this movie wasn’t meant to be good. It was lazy and uninspired. The fact that there’s a 4th wall breaking segment detailing how ‘WB is making Matrix 4 with or without us and they’ll cancel our contracts if we don’t comply’ should really confirm this for people. This movie was made because top brass wanted more milk from a dying cow. In that, I think Wachowski sabotaged it.

Most of all, no one gave a good performance. Reeves isn’t known for his acting chops to begin with but man is he phoning this one in. I think it was a universal cash grab by everyone involved.

He couldnt have looked more uninterested if he tried .

He didn’t even bother looking like Neo so they used it as a plot element. They say it had a 200m budget but I’m guessing a good 100m was split amongst the top cast and producers.

1 Like

Not to mention The Matrix Awakens, not even sure how well this will do today considering that it should have been released much much earlier like following the last matrix film. It was probably made and written along time ago, but since ps5 came out it seems like an easy win by porting it (considering its a demo).

The path of neo game and enter the matrix on ps2 were good games , are then making another ?

i dont think so, i think the demo was just put out there to support this movie and for them to promote it. But i doubt there is interest at this point.

nothing :)

Ah , yeah I think its a demo to promote the movie , I doubt it helped 😁