OKH reddit statement

Guess we know who’s getting banned next 😅

2 Likes

Just git gud.

1 Like

In all fairness 1011 was shit until it was buffed a few months ago. At launch the best secondary weapon was the vector

1 Like

Oh most of the gaming community overall had moved on to other games like Halo and Deep Rock for sure, that never left my mind at all. I’m just saying that there are options that can be used to make proper adjustments for the ones remaining here. They are still playing cuz obviously they like the game so why not help make them better? Who says things won’t change if they did fix the gun stats and add a tutorial that can explain the basics better? But of course, that requires if Illfonic even lifts a finger to make these changes in the first place so this is all guess work in the end.

There is always a number of people that want to get better at a game they like. Problem is with F13th is that game had way more issues than this one and the lawsuit put it six feet under earlier than anyone else anticipated. Here, at least to a degree, the game functions but it does need a whole lot more work to put in.

True, I do agree that what you mentioned should have been at the start of the game’s launch but now at this point just try to make it a fun game for the remaining players here. Once the quality improves, who says the game can’t get back on its feet again? But yes this is all guess work at this point, but there is no cons of having these additions in the game anyway so just go for it.

Fucks sake, if you really wanna balance this game, you HAVE to prevent class and spec stacking. You wanna see people get good and work together instead of simply running the best shit with 4 players? Do what Evolve did. Everyone has their role, if they fuck up their role, they suffer.

Assault, Support, Trapper, Medic

In this case, we’d have Assault, Scout and Support.

I’m gonna make a thread in feedback real quick

1 Like

this is not true 1011-12 has never been buffed (aside from getting an increase of total ammo) in fact it was nerfed in 1.04

the grimtech however was buffed since

i can’t even imagine what it’s dmg numbers must’ve been like in patch 1.0

(you can use the search function in the News category to find specific changes across patch notes unless your about to hit me with the but the shadow changes!)

1 Like

Tbh I never felt it was that strong until the grimtech was buffed and the revolver got nerfed.

illfonic is infamous for doing shadow nerf/buffs and not documenting patch changes properly.

Up until the grimtech buff, smgs felt stronger than all pistols.

I could be mistaken though. Never made any proper tests before. But no one was running pistols back then, probably because they weren’t that good compared to other weapons

I swear I recall it being buffed but it definitely got a huge explosion in popularity with the duelist specialization. Maybe it was the ammo buff too? Enough in the extended mag for second wind or something.

God no, then in pubs a potato will take class that you’re good with, he’s not gonna do anything with it 'cause he plays like he never played a video game in his life and then you’re forced to take a class that you never play with.

So HELL NO.

2 Likes

I think that if you need more stuff to win most matches as pred in pubs, you need to go to Sunday school with blackcat on twitch and learn a thing or two.

Or play private matches against bots, uncloacked, until you are able to beat them.

You dont need any buffs as pred for pubs. 90% of the time you will play against headless chickens. If you can’t win against those, there are no amounts of perks and weapons that will make you win

Meh…I dunno. I used to agree with you on this and also really, really don’t like the idea of being limited in build selection but at the same time, it forces skill development and teamwork in game.

Potatoes would have to adjust to that or stop playing

1 Like

The whole UI would need to change, and the matchmaking time would be significantly higher. But if they get rid of loadouts, not only they will get rid of a lot of problems (exploits, bugs, etc) they can do some good rebalancing by forcing you to pick your class/gear/weapons/perks from the lobby itself. Stuff you unlock will be available as long as no one else chooses to use it.

Potatoes will always be potatoes. You’ll beat them in gear selection 9 times out of 10

To be honest, there’s no teamwork in this game unless you group up with your friends.
Potatoes don’t even know how to mud up. Few days ago me and my friend had two 8 year olds in the team, they died in the first minute with open mics and no mudding up.
They killed 0 AI and did 0 dmg to Pred.

If this was a game like Valorant, where everyone is trying to win over other team and everyone is using mic’s in order to help each other, I would agree about class locking.
But this game isn’t Valorant and there’s no teamwork with randoms who’s gonna hide in the building and watch you having 1v1 with the Pred without them shooting a single bullet to help you.

Well that’s something illfonic has never done or tried to do really. Train the player base. Would it help? I dunno…to be perfectly honest though, can they really fuck it up more?

It’s a thought, I’m not sold either way at this point.

1 Like

You ever been to India? Didn’t think so…

2 Likes

I dont think the player base wants to be trained.

For what I’ve seen there’s kinda like generation gaps on this game.

You have literally children playing this game. 99.9% have no clue what they are doing. Then that 0.1% kid is a miracle of nature that plays better than BladeMaster (joking, im exaggerating, but you get the point)

Then you have the teenagers and early twenties. Most are really sweaty players who don’t like to lose. Some are much better than others but in their mind, they are the best player in the game and anyone who’s any better must be cheating.

Finally you have the late 30’s early 40’s players. These dudes will chill, sip on beer and give less of a fuck about winning. They have played and beat so many video games in their lives they don’t feel the need to prove themselves. They know how to aim with a D-Pad. They have played every console generation and watched the evolution of video games. They are the coolest of the bunch (Yes, im turning 40 in a few weeks)

6 Likes

This has been my experience for the most part as well with the player base. You’re right too that I don’t think the player base wants to be trained either.

Consider though the player base ain’t exactly gotten what they’ve wanted since the get go either so we can assume Illfonic is okay with the “it’s our game we’ll do what we want” mentality. It would groom the player base one way or the other. Either turn it to a more competitive/mature one or (most likely) kill it by thinning it out too far.

Bravo. Thank you. I didn’t want to say this myself, but it needed to be said.

3 Likes

lmao wrist launcher lmao

Only useful thing about the wrist launcher is an exploit that came with it. Hilarious.