Old painless and grenade launcher needs a buff

Agree with this. Having switched back to playing Fireteam recently I’ve seen a lot of teammates unloading old painless at point blank range while the Pred mindlessly swings away at him, and it always ends with the Pred winning the exchange.
Illfonic definitely need to rethink Old Painless and the Grenade Launcher as the negatives hugely outweigh the positives. They’re just not worth it currently.

1 Like

Why not both…

This isn’t a thread to coddle the FT, it’s more a thread about giving the same love and care to these two weapons that they gave the disc. The disc could be used to great effect prior to the patch these two have gone a whole year being beyond useless and just not fun.

The jungle hunter was very skilled. The jungle hunter was fighting less technologically advanced soldiers. As good as Dutch and team were, they had no idea what they were fighting. They were like new players that didn’t know all the best strategies for fighting an alien hunter.

2 Likes

The mini gun seemed pretty good where it’s at, though it most definitely needs a damage buff. I think the range and firerate is fine, since it is a minigun, but the fact that GOSL Deadly and scout duelist does so much more damage is kinda dumb. The grenade launcher is so shitty it needs a lot of buffs, buff to ammo capacity (Runs out so fast), damage (legit tickles me when I’m playing pred), Range buff, maybe even make them impact, buff to movement speed. Then you’ve got a good ass weapon

They need to remove the slow from the minigun. Nothing short of that is going to make it useful. The moment I see anyone use it I think “this guy is a troll or has no clue what he is doing”. You become one big target for the pred.

Exactly this… Pred’s aren’t bullet proof and once you know what you’re up against they really aren’t all that impressive.

Because Fireteam is already OP and I’m tired of them whining 😒

I don’t use the disk so I wouldn’t know because I like to melee and use traps

Oh don’t start with me on this, there’s a whole thread already about this so I’m not going to start a sub thread, the real reason why people want a buff is cuz they aren’t good and want us Pred players to have a difficult time 😔

1 Like

Would you have any fun playing predator if you had it easy?

Theres a difference between challenge and gimmicks.
Ft is all gimmicks.

1 Like

No I want it fair but like I stated earlier they gave FT free spotting, a perk and now gear so theirs no point being cloaked in this game and it’s always constant running away from them sniping me till the catch up to me avoiding my traps to stall while I heal cuz they can spot traps to for free and have a perk for that as well 😔

Look at my meemeegun this is my meemeegun now

1 Like

I don’t know, I’ve always been in a little bit of the minority on balance. I don’t mind it much if the fire team gets an escape. Realistically, if the fire team has to call reinforcements to “win,” The predator has already “won” against the original 4 players, and now has to try to defeat a new set of 4. I guess it all depends on your perspective.

To sum it up, I enjoy the hunt for what it is, not because I expect to get an elimination every time I play. I guess that’s why I bring Large Pouch and Medic on almost every class, because I just like to keep the hunt going.

See that’s not fair if they get to replay while Predator doesn’t, if you don’t voice your opinion they will keep nerf Predator till it’s to late!

2 Likes

Wouldn’t specializations count as a buff?

No cuz they all suck

Dang. Sorry you feel that way. They seem fairly strong to me.

2 Likes

They don’t suck. They may look like they do, but sit back and think how to use them. Most are actually pretty fun and that’s what the game is ultimately about

1 Like