Old rework post, ignore. (Fresh post linked)

You see, The fireteam can get away with multiple classes being completely different because there are 4 of them.

But Every match there is one predator. So every predator class needs to be based around the idea of They still need to be punished for dumb plays when rushing in. the berz should be more resilient to that. But he shouldnt be nigh unkillable as he is now.

Yes, once stealth is buffed to the levels im trying to get it too, then predators will have to play it smarter, but they wont be warded off by some asshole spotting them from 200m away.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t like to rush as the Predator at all. Most fun part is being as stealthy as possible, as close as possible. I want to basically play the Predator as he is presented in the first two movies. Stalk, watch, plan, execute.

1 Like

Agreed. But the game right now, doesnt give us that, unless the fireteam is dumb as rocks

1 Like

Another thing I thought about that they should definitely implement later on, is the ability to skin, and hang fireteam players, or NPCs. They could implement gameplay aspects of it as well. Like if any fireteam member either looks at the body, or is in a close proximity of it, their character becomes nervous/afraid, and their bullet spread increases for a limited amount of time. Just a thought. I just want to be able to skin and hang like the Predator did in the movies, lol! That’s one of his biggest trademarks after all.

1 Like

disagree with the cloak suggestions

the devs have the cloak all wrong and your basing your suggestions off the cloaks current flawed design

heres how the stealth camo should work…

it NEVER makes you fully invisible (even when standing still)

A good camo should blend you into the background which makes you 97.8% invisible to the naked eye

and moving whilst its activated still makes you visible but its really difficult to see and follow when moving around at speed

with a few swift movements youd lose sight of the pred altogether

which creates great tension, confusion and panic

the game doesn’t have this at the moment because you can always see the cloaked pred coming and going, and even follow him precisely with it activated

you only lose sight of the pred now because he runs or jumps behind objects in the map, and NOT because the camo’s that good its difficult for the eyes to track and follow

This is how the camo should be in the game

1 Like

Im all for this idea, but that also brings the ability for pred to pick up/drag away bodies.

They could make the xp work like this

Fast claim - least xp

Long claim - medium xp

Dragged and skinned and hung - most xp, as it takes the longest.

Only issue I see is how they would make the dragging/skinning/hanging work on a technical level. I dont know if its possible, or if it is, if it could be done in such a way that makes sense.

Still, a good idea, and i will add that into my post.

2 Likes

Disagree quite a lot. The totally invisible when cloaked and still is canon, and directly from the movies. If they remove that. The stealth aspect is pretty much done. They should though indeed make the cloak a lot harder to see when the Predator is moving. And just so you know. There are PC losers out there that play PHG on the lowest graphical setting just to get the advantage of seeing the predator more easily. Doing your version of the cloak will give them even more advantage.

Yeah I also disagree, Unfortunately making a cloak work like it should in real life in both movies and games is difficult.

That being said, The cloaks in this game are as accurate as they can be to the movies. From the distorted picture when moving, to the glowing eyes when the mask is active.

Lol I play on low settings myself, but thats more because I am playing the game with a cpu that is below the minimum requirements.

I can see you have good intentions, but I hope most of what you suggest never gets implemented as I dont think I could play that game lol.

Being a bit more constructive in my feedback, just the objectives going from 3 to 6 and then adding actual mini games instead of just pressing a button. The FT objectives are tedious and I already felt like I have done them 1000’s of times, I dont want to have to do twice as many each game, and then make them more complex by adding mini games into them I have to do every time I play a match. I can see why you like the idea, and the benefits of it, but it would make each match more tedious.

1 Like

Haha! Well, as long as it’s because of that, you’re good. :P

That’s why they need to come up with objectives that are a lot more fun to do than it is now. Maybe they don’t necessarily need to increase the objectives, or create mini games into them, but instead somehow make them more fun to to, and a lot more varied. I think the key, is to make the objectives more fun, varied, and less tedious. Right now, they are tedious because you do the same thing over, and over, and over. No variation at all. You always hold the interact button.

2 Likes

I agree fully, The objectives need to be reworked. Minigames is just one idea, but there does need to be other kinds of reworks.

If that makes the game tedious for you then this probably isnt your game, as fireteam as it is right now, is tedious. The point of things such as mini games is to make them more engaging, rather than constantly holding f on every item you see.

Now if they cant fix that tediousness, then I suggest they do something else. Regardless of whether or not you die, as a FT member, you keep all of the veritanium you pick up. This will encourage players who want to farm loot boxes and cosmetics to play more and more fireteam. Fireteam for the suspense of playing against a pred, and all of the atmosphere that brings, as well as farming vert. Pred for playing as a pred, and all the atmosphere that brings, but less vert to discourage everyone from playing only as him.

edit

Keep in mind, the real fun behind fireteam is trying to survive a predator, and escape, or if you are an exceptionally good team, kill him. the objectives while they need to be engaging, and more varied, really only serve the purpose of giving fireteam something to do while pred sets up an attack.

1 Like

I can agree with some points, but some seem very unfair and broken balance.

Care to elaborate?

I did not spot this one, but please ignore if it is already mentioned: How about more crippling effects to some the Predator weapons?
It would help split up the fire team. I do not think the bow is effective enough on that account.
Maybe some of the other weapons could have it as an effect as well.
It would also make sense that a wounded soldier did not move as fast as one at full health.

1 Like

I like that idea, but go through each of preds weapons and write out an effect that you think it should have, if one at all

Remove biomask should start short quest for predator to take it back. Or it can boost some aspects of damage or speed because of rage of Predator.
why not? If FT have call back. Predator should have this option too.

I agree fully, there should be a reclamation of an ancient biomask when the first one is lost. After all… plenty of pyramids around for old yautja shit to be stored. And even if not that, a drop pod could come in to resupply the pred with a mask

Here goes :-)

The Yautja Bow:
Leave the dmg as in patch 1.06, but add crippling effect to running and walking speed to 30% of the original speed for 20 seconds per shot. This would also add a new game play perspective to the game having a targeted prey among the group and making the bow worth its while for stalking and the next hit easier (and why shouldn’t it when prey is crippled it does not move that fast). It will put pressure on the FT as they would have to either slow down to have the the crippled team member be able to follow the team and protect him/her or leave him/her to make the objectives. This could be a way of the Predator’s options to potentially split up the team and make the FT make some hard choices at some point down the line.

Combi stick being thrown:
Crippling effect of 50% for 10 seconds. If the Predator chooses to throw it usually mean going in for melee afterwards.

The club:
Cripplnig effect should be that of draining 30% of the stamina. The war club’s description states that it sends the opponent flying. Usually something like that knocks the wind out of you and you are not that combat feisty afterwards.
EDIT: Maybe 1/4 of the bar meaning if the full bar is a 100 it would take 25 per hit thus draining the bar in 4 hits. If it is based on 30% of the remaining stamina the succeding hits would be less dangerous making little sense.

Traps:
Same crippling effect as the Yautja Bow, but longer duration. How does 40 seconds sound? When ppl walk into it themselves without the perk of spotting traps the gain of the trap should be greater. This would also make the trap spotting perk for the FT more desirable.

In themovie from '87 The Predator slowed down the team a lot. Every time they had to carry around a wounded team member they were under pressure eventually just wanting to get to get to the chopper and before the time ran out.

In regard to the sword and disc I think they should be straight out dmg dealers, but that may change down the line, or if someone comes up with a better and creative idea.