Patch Notes 1.06

Tell that to the FT 50.cal sniper rifle.

Wow what a great update, the first of many! Just goes to show that Illfonic are truly listening to us and make fair changes and balances.

2 Likes

Still no basic movement keys binds and predator weapon key binds for PC. Looks like a fucking joke.

3 Likes

Blue from 75 -> 50
Purple from 250 -> 100
Pink from 750 -> 350

Donā€™t know about Red and Yellow.

Or maybe you can just kill it with a bow or plasma caster? It is not that hard to kill a damn boar, jeezā€¦

Sorry but you donā€™t have right we donā€™t have hotkeys for weapons.

Canā€™t wait to try the game out later, the PC nerf seems fine to me if the predators are getting damage resistance then it makes sense to weaken their damage output. Kinda wish they made the melee weapons more unique other than damage by combo, like the war club is the slowest but packs the biggest punch, elder sword is fastest and hits the quickest and leaves them bleeding for a bit but the overall damage of the weapon is weak, and the combistick can hit more than one person at a time but has moderate damage unless thrown.

Max charge plasma shots should down a full health Fireteam memberā€¦

Shots are slower than spit

Itā€™s 4 vs 1

5 Likes

How to play this game when the search is 10-20 minutes !?

If fire teams weapons are all nerfed, then the bezerker speed needs to be taken down to one or even less. Itā€™s way too easy to kill an entire fire team due to the massive amount of hp and damage they do.

1 Like

Bro you are bugged outā€¦get sleep or go outside

Not sure how to feel about the balance changes. I think it was kind of fine. As the Predator youā€™re not an uber destroyer, going in and killing everthing. We saw it in the movies, it was always beaten and killed.

The intention of making the Predator vulnerable was most likely to encourage players to come up with tactics, patient and smart play. Just watch the first movie, which was the main inspiration. He was picking them one by one, always waiting for an opportunity to ambush. The Predator was never a tank.

If you would have reduced the pink from 750 to 500, it would have been fine. But now it kind of sucks, since everything was reduced. You should have at least give us more Veritanium for collecting in return. Now it takes even longer and thereā€™s no way you get lots of field lockers. Because playing for 2 days, buying 200 field lockers, and then just getting duplicates without getting enough for these to get more field lockers is quite annoying. I know you want people to play the game, but thatā€™s not the right way to do. Thatā€™s not fun at all.

At least give us a better, more expensive field locker version, which give us more rare stuff or a higher possibility of getting a new cosmetic.

AI was never a problem. This game still has to be a challenge. This is a step forward the wrong direction. Remember, there are still trophies for killing AI soldiers.

2 Likes

Yes, these changes seem like theyā€™ll improve the balance quite a bit. Thank you!

I still feel the plasma pistol and elder sword really need a buff thoughā€¦

1 Like

This seems totally biasedā€¦

1 Like

NO ONE ELSE IS REPORTING THIS ISSUE. so go make a bug report like a normal person instead of just screaming.

You broke your game Illfonic? What are you doing? Patches for balance tweaks should be SMALL and INCREMENTAL. This is game altering.

There is so much bad introduced in this patch it is not even funny.

Playing as Predator requires a bit of skill. I see a lot of players on this forum complaining about how the Predator is broken, weak, etc etc. It does not play like a standard FPS. You guys created him right since you allowed us to try the demo weekend. He was not broken!

Many times we see a hunter Predator rushing a 4-man FT. THEY ARENā€™T SUPPOSED TO DO THIS. This is why the FT eats them alive. Anyone who has even watched the movies understands this. The FT is strongest when they stay together. Predators job is to isolate and capitalize when they make a mistake (IE - splitting up). If you play as a predator and cannot do this simple task, stop playing as him. Even the Berserker should not be rushing the full team as that is a gamble. Predator toys with his victims, cat and mouse style.

Before this patch, I have played against GREAT predators. Most people cannot play as pred well. It may be that they need to play a bit more. Perhaps, Illfonic, make additional tutorials or single player missions for the Predator to help close this skill gap. Do not just arbitrarily BUFF a class because people are crying because they do not know how to play it. The class was FINE before the patch. There was tweaking needed on the weapons yes, but small and incremental.

I will admit I am not a very good predator. But that is because I have not completely learned how to play as him. I try to go too much to get immediate gratification (as in rushing in for a kill). My brother on the other hand does really well, and that was from the get go in his first starts. He wins 80% of his matches. However, he waits, uses his utilities and bides his time waiting on FTs to make mistakes (which most do). RUSHING is not a viable option as him. He understands how this character is meant to be played.

Issues with this patch already:

1. Game is freezing even just doing customizing of your characters. I cannot scroll between helmets (or anything) seamlessly anymore. There is a 3-5 sec delay each time, which is insufferable. -Many people in this thread are already complaining of this. THIS IS NEW.

2. Loot crate Veritanium reduction? - Are you serious?!??!?? There are so many duplicates that I typically keep losing Veritanium. If I was lucky to get a red, then hey +750 gave me an extra chance. But as it stood I was losing it with duplicates on most crates. This change was not needed. And with how much it costs to just outright buy a Predator Skin (25K+?!?!?), IS INSANE. You should of left it in place or how about add more items.

3. (Hunter) Predators are now rushing against all 4 FT AND WINNING. This is not how the game is supposed to be played. I have played 10 matches as FT, and this is how they are playing because THEY CAN NOW. They rush in, get 2 quick kills WHILE everyone is firing on them and it is game over at this point. - 4FTv1Pred - FT should almost ALWAYS win. This is the balance. Any number as it goes down 3v1, 2v1, 1v1, favors the predator more. If Predators can now do this (4v1), there is no point to playing. Skill and being tactical is how you win as Predator.

4. ā€œMud upā€ icon no longer visible after first mudding. Now have to spam to find one.

5. Ammo and Med crates are NON-existent now. I will agree that there were too much at one point but now they are no where to be found. Plus you nerfed the ammo pack and how much ammo it gives. Why not make the FT just run around with Knives at this point? There was no need to lower the ammo/med packs the FT carry as they did not give the amount that the static ones around the map did. Since you nerfed those, you should of left the FT packs in place.

6. What is with the re-balance of the ammo/med weight? An assault should be able to carry 1 of those, a stim, and grenades? Now they canā€™t? This needs to be adjusted. Maybe make it that only one or the other of these can be carried (Ammo OR med) UNLESS the player is support class.

7. Nothing wrong with a ton of AI spawning. This creates a challenge for both Pred and FT. You should of kept this.

There are plenty of bugs that need fixing before this patch:

1. Parrying needed fixing.
  2. Audio bugs constantly. - Weird firing when no one was firing. Helicopter noises in lobby or when exiting a match.
  3. Long queue times.
  4. Decrease predatorā€™s footstep sounds and his vocals so itā€™s harder to pinpoint where he is.
  5. Put a cool down on FT being able to spam pred location. Make it so if they are right when they spot him they can redo, but if wrong, put a cool down so they canā€™t just spam.
  6. Loading into the queue and not being able to select where you would land or change your gear to suit your team better because time already ran out!
  7. Loading to queue and waiting forever for it to fill up.
  8. Predator falling randomly out of the tree without pressing anything. Or getting stuck while leaping.
  9. Have to reload before doing any action item with certain weapons. (More important to heal / revive a team mate / do an action object (like get in the chopper) then reload. Reload should be last on list.

I guess Iā€™ll be back when you release (and fix some of this shit) in 1.7.

4 Likes

Great, great changes honestly.

Played a couple of games as Fireteam and as Predator and everything is soooo balanced now.

Honestly guys, good job.

2 Likes

do you prefer Op beserker with combi stick or a dude who is actually playing it like a predator using his plasma caster ?

1 Like

I donā€™t want to play at 30fps on the PS4 Pro as a Predator against 60fps players on PC players.

Hate to say but im done with this game. GL to this game still