PC Gaming

That’s a tough budget. A capable graphics card alone will cost you $400 to $500.

…$1,000 is more realistic for a decent build.

Guy I work with says he actually knows somewhere you could get a great graphics card with my specs for $300 one of the newer flagships think he called it. Said would do some digging and see what he could do to help

If he can get you a 3060 then I say go for it. But the 2000s are still pretty pricey and the performance for the money is not that great considering the 3000s will be available again soon…hopefully.

1 Like

I have only PS4PRO, PSVITA, 3DS, and SWITCH
Sorry man

Maybe, I’ve never built one before, but have a good idea of what I need to get the specs I want on bigger games. He also said instead of getting 8gb RAM to get 16gb RAM instead

Oh 16gb RAM is definitely the way to go because some games require it. You can still get away with 8gb, but some games might get laggy because of insufficient RAM.

1 Like

What all parts will I need to build a PC ground up? I know I will need a shell. But, what all would you suggest for running those games I listed to get 60fps to 240fps high settings?

Motherboard, CPU, GPU, RAM, PSU, Cooling components (fans and/or liquid cooler), case…

1 Like

which is better fan or liquid cooler? And recommended memory capacity?

To be honest fans is good enough, there are tons of videos on YouTube that compare fans vs liquid coolers and they are just about the same results. I say just go with fans.

You need fans regardless to run air through the case. But a fan for the CPU is fine.

1 Like

Sweet, what’s your setup look like?

It’s an Alienware which I regret buying because of the air flow is highly restricted. But I have an Alienware motherboard, i7 8700k CPU, RTX 2070 Super OC, 16gb RAM 3000MHz CAS 15, 750w PSU, 120mm liquid cooler…

Corsair RGB KM and Headset, Asus 144hz 1080p IPS monitor.

2 Likes

Nice, looking to probably get a 4k monitor, I already have giant pad, Orbweaver, I also use Astros A40 TR Dolby sound, and few other goodies from my mnk setup, but want to mostly use controller. Thoughts on the steam controller or will any controller do for mapping? Also tried finding Predator Hunting Grounds on Steam just for curiosity, but wasn’t on there. And PC you don’t pay for a service, you just buy the game on steam and can play multiplayer? Sorry so many questions

Holly shit that looks like all that would be expensive and a hassle to setup. I’m glad I got console, it doesn’t run the games at 120fps nor does it have isle, and other games I wish I had, but it does the job.

1 Like

I have a regular XBOX One wireless controller which I use for my RPG games. Yea, you don’t pay for services just the games on Steam, Epic, Ubisoft, etc…for mapping and macros I use REWASD which works with pretty much everything.

For PHG you need to get it on Epic.

But, you can play classic AVP2 for $1.29 with active servers

Interesting, I used Xim Apex for mapping and stuff

Look up REWASD, it’s pretty nice. Works amazing.

1 Like

Easy to use? Apex was kinda simple to use, but when you had to do layers for controls got a lot more complicated

It’s not as bad as it sounds once you get the hang of it. My last console was the PS3. PCs are pricey and a little more complex, but I think it’s worth the money. Playing games with maxed out graphics and high frame rate is just amazing.

1 Like