[PC] Workaround for Loadout-related Bugs like Resets, T-Posing Assault, etc..

How to fix most of the Loadout-related Bugs on PC:

1. Open your explorer and enter %localappdata%\SpaceFish\Saved\SaveGames\EOS
  2. Delete the UserSettings.sav and restart the game. <- Optional, you can also use a friend’s UserSettings.sav if he doesn’t have any problems!
  3. Create all the Loadouts that you want to play with and close the game without playing. Don’t forget to edit your other Settings like Keybinds, etc.
  4. Then set the properties of UserSettings.sav to read-only.

This way, you will have a fixed set of Loadouts that will prevent most of the Loadout-related Bugs.
You can even change these Loadouts ingame and play with recent changes, but upon restarting the game they will reset to their initial state that you saved when switching the File to Read-Only.

If you want to make permanent changes to your loadouts, just switch off the Read-Only, restart the game, make changes and set it to read-only again.

You can also make backups of the UserSettings.sav to create multiple sets of Loadouts that you can quickly switch if needed.

I get the “empty Loadout Bug” quite often, which leads to the grey T-posing Assault, but I can significantly reduce the occasions where it happens by doing this, as well as Loadout resets and so on.
It seems that the Game produces a faulty UserSettings.sav quite often and by testing a bugged UserData.sav from a Buddy, I was even able to transfer his Bugs to my Game.

5 Likes

Updated:
For some Reason, Illfonic moved the files to another folder.
The new folder is:
%localappdata%\SpaceFish\Saved\SaveGames\EOS