Pig spawns

Stop me if you’ve heard this one before…

Okay, let’s simplify this. Spawn pigs on map generation. 2 at every Fireteam objective, within 15 meters of the nearest random structure. 3 random pig spawns in the open spaces of the map. They don’t respawn, despawn, or disappear into the map. They can’t exit the boundaries of the map, and they are marked on predator map when killed. Even if killed by FT, hell even stray AI bullet (no such thing but you get the point). It’s fair, consistent and balanced.

3 Likes

okay why did the spawns stop mid match https://www.twitch.tv/videos/876724141

Illfonic only knows how to wave spawn OP though they handle pig spawns like this intentionally.

Ok so pig theory 101.

To keep pigs near FT and create counterplay - Pigs are spawned per player in the vicinity of the player after a certain amount of time. You’ll never see pigs just roaming around away from the FT. You’ll also see if the FT gets stalled at an area for awhile, you get like 5 pigs in one spot - these are the wave pig spawns. If the FT runs around a lot it’ll despawn pigs quite often which encourages the FT to keep moving.

You didn’t get any pig spawns because when the FT stands way out in the water near the boundary in Backwater there are no pig spawns there so the game just doesn’t spawn pigs until they return to a mission area, road etc that has a pig spawn nearby.

Standing way out in the water throwing medkits is an FT strat that just makes that map worse but the best way to remedy this is to just caster them from the mainland with the cover of trees because while you’re doing that they’ll A. Get a little closer to you and eventually head back near the shacks while you minimize damage to yourself (dont jump out into the middle of them in the water, it’s the worst possible scenario for pred in this game. Time is on your side if FT isnt doing the mission)

And B. The game will eventually spawn the pred its mainland pig (near that tree in the direction of the exfil usually) because the pred gets the 5th pig in vicinity of the FT.
Pred pig theory is harder to test because pred pig seems to spawn way slower than the pigs that spawn on the FT (and despawns after like one good leap) but option A will net you a pig everytime if you’re patient and you don’t let the FT bait you into the water.

Tl;dr and final note of pig theory: When in doubt, poke and let FT return to mission area away from the map boundary.

1 Like

I feel some matches there are far too many pig spawingin… that being said… they should pull an Evolve move with the Caucasus and have them deteriorate over time. Giving you less health the more the deteriorate…
Not for nothing but I’ll be playing as ft and some preds just abuse the amount of pigs spawning In. To the point where the damage to the pred is obsered whats the point if health kits at this point…

Same could go for the AI instead of having an amount of AI spawning in during mission phases and turning the game to molasses.

Set amounts of things in the map.

It’s opposite, stuff wandering around at every compound pathing across the map and patrolling would absolutely kill optimization.

The corner cutting we have now makes sense but its poorly handled considering the AI just randomly spawn in within your line of sight, probably because thats about as far as they can navigate without bugging out

The boar spawn is absolute trash since day 1 and it is still today.
I main pred and got lvl 150 almost immediately in 2 weeks of playing because it is that easy.
I NEVER, and I mean NEVER had boars with a normal spawn or them even making ANY sense where they are.

Why not give a massive limited amount of health with no pigs at all?
Making them Unlimited but regenerate a limited amount making it OBVIOUS for the FT to know and maybe counter?
Having human the ability to bomb boars?
Why only boars ?
Why having a terrible system in game instead of improving?
Why still keeping a broken system?|
Why are you the way you are Illfonic?

Pig spawns have been consistent since day 1 lol. You should have an abundance of pigs if you aren’t running all over the map away from the FT. If you want to do that then take extra health kits.

I’ve also had fireteam a long time ago chase pigs out of the map >_> your face is shenanigans.