Plasma Caster shooting sideways to the right instead of where you are aiming in branches

This has always been thing, it’s been reported several times before too but you know how ilfonic is.
I played a few matches yesterday and it happened to me.

Game has been running like shit since the update

This is another reason I just don’t enjoy playing as pred anymore. I need to be able to damage the FT and when I can’t do that due to poor game performance and shit out of my control, it really makes the experience unfun and particularly taxing on my patience. Granted, I’m not as good as I used to be but I know damn well the difference between when I miss or fuck up and when PHG decides to get screwy for whatever reason.

Was helping a friend train with the disc yesterday and several times, we noted the disc just went right through me without damaging, even on the return stroke. Hell, even some of the grenades just flat out did not damage.

Really does seem like every update breaks more than repairs

1 Like

Many people haven’t been much in the mood to play as Pred due to those things.

3 Likes

I pretty much only have fun in this game playing as FT with friends. Playing as pred is a fucking slog. Between glitches, bugs, and hilarious mechanics, it’s just not much fun anymore.

1 Like

Had this happen to me yesterday, almost lost my mask because of it. Was peaking over a large rock formation about 60m from the hangers on Airstrip, charging a caster bolt to punish a roof sniper

It’s so fun.
Such a great feature dont you think?

1 Like

Have you tried git gud

Same thing but with the bow. The second arrow shot after I get the ft down it goes all the way sideways to the right instead of where I’m aiming. In a game with such a glass canon balance missing even 1 arrow can get you killed:

4 Likes

@Kassinaillia this still seems to be an issue.

2 Likes

It certainly fuckin is.

I’ve lost count of the amount of times I haven’t been able to secure a kill because of this stupid bug

1 Like

If you throw a bear trap next to the tree or on some branches
It goes right instead of where you aiming Lol

1 Like

I only post this stuff to showcase Illfonic incompetency to all cus I know you guys cant fix this:

2 Likes

Git gud

I’m sorry. I couldn’t resist.

Sorry.

2 Likes

I bet that has something to do with that glitch where the Predator is strabic.
LMAO.

I just had this fucking shit happen to me with the WRIST LAUNCHER of all things, and the Bow too. Was on Derailed trying to record a video, last dude decided to fuck off and mud up all match as a Recon so I just was waiting it out. Bunch of AI came running up to me on the Helipad and I started shooting them with the Wrist Launcher & Bow and every shot started fucking flying off to my right when I was near the Helicopter. Like I saw this shit CURVE in real time.

I’ll upload the footage, made me laugh at least but god fucking damn is this POS game getting more broke by the day.

2 Likes

Have you tried git gud

It looks like the game is trying to put the projectile on the object at the point of aim.

Clearly, based off the videos here, nearby object collision boxes, visible or not, are heavily influencing the direction of the projectile from the position of the predator.

Easiest fix would be to pick a zeroing distance, maybe 500m away that would be were the projectile and center collide. So, as predator players, we would only have to account for the projectile traveling from left to right toward the center with the over the shoulder aim. Although this might make aiming in some situations less intuitive, it would actually fix the issue with aiming through doorways and other narrow places, since it would be completely within the players control to adjust the position of the predator with respect to the center of aim for an accurate shot.

1 Like

God damn a predator with a bow is still a badass sight