Plasma spammers??

Ya these would be perks and specializations designed to both make you stronger and play differently.

You would have to opt into them and there would be different builds that allow you to utilize plasma caster with no downsides.

Doesn’t that come with the problem of a pro/con being forced on you?

Or was that caster only?

Either way I could actually see some slam based scout builds with the right specializations added.

Either way I say that each Pred would have to have at least one build that doesn’t balance through a pro/con build exception being one class that only has pro/con builds as a gimmick to that class.

I meant the option to replace slam.
But more than that.
Let you also focus more on what you want.

I’m pretty tired right now so youl have to forgive me for not really explaining well atm.
But most of it is what I said.

The way i have always imagined it is more trade offs then cons.

Like let’s say for example. You switch slam for a more powerful full charged shot, with 50 points more damage, 10 meter radius, but your overloaded for like 30 seconds even with cooling synch.

Or something else.
Maybe just a flash bang charged blast for a more melee focused build.

Stuff like that.
Mind you this isnt new.
I’ve mentioned this stuff before.

Give classes unique abilities.
It will help.

1 Like

Oh ok well I’ll stop spamming my caster if you stop spamming your guns.

5 Likes

I say a mini game like how Battlefront has there overheating system, if you don’t hit your mark fast enough, then you run the risk of overloading your energy. Different classes should have bigger or smaller area’s of cool down (depending on if they’re a melee based class or Range class) plus this doesn’t mean you can’t keep spamming but more like a temporary breather for the team to fall back into cover, regroup and rearm

LOL what? Its the best ranged weapon(predator side) in the game against good players.

The only thing is, spamming PC takes 0 skill, doing what Sharpy does there takes a lot of skill. PC spam is really bad against skilled players, OP against potatoes.

The caster isn’t op man, it’s splash damage is necessary to damage players that are camping in rooms.

1 Like

Its necessary because its boring for the predator, not to win the game. If they don’t come out, they can’t win.

It’s boring for the predator to sit and wait for the team to come out of a room. The caster either forces them out or they die. If the caster didn’t cause splash damage there would be no way of getting them out of the room.

I did say its boring, right? Then again people who camp buildings are low skilled players, when was the last time you decided to do that…

The last time I decided to camp a building was during the mission on derailed that you light the hut on fire. We lured the predator in and burned him alive 😂

1 Like

Haha, I know what you mean, there is nothing more satisfying then luring the predator inside a building and then blocking the exists lol!

If they are only ever using Caster then they are a plasma spammer but if you are just using it to flush FT out if a building then it’s ok.

The jungle hunter clan only uses the caster and wrist blades in their lore 🤷‍♂️

1 Like

Well that’s lore. This is a multiplayer game, quite the difference.

Lore is the reason this game exists. I stand by the caster even if I hardly use it.

2 Likes

Honestly I’m just tired of people trying to nerf predators. I’m a fire team main and I want more of a challange than what I’m getting.

1 Like

I feel that, I don’t like using it only cause I know can keep spamming, so that why I hardly use it

1 Like

Whenever i play as Predator and use the plasma caster the majority of all Fireteam players i meet just keep standing in the same spot and trying to shoot back at me. Only retarded players does this, a sane person would take cover immediately and make sure to have brought enough medkits, survival perks etc.

1 Like

You mean using the Predators best weapon isn’t allowed?

It’s by far the worst imo, shows where you are immediately, reduces your energy bar by a ton, when there are other and better ranged options. And I never said it wasn’t allowed.