Plasma spammers??

Just a little off-topic:

Before we Humans invented long-range weapons, it was literally our main tactic to just run after animals until they get a heart attack, some isolated tribes still do it that way.
Because we naturally have the better cardiovascular system than most animals, which enables us to run all day, even if we got lazy and efficient and use guns and Bows now. (Yes there are still a lot of hunters using Bows and Crossbows for various reasons)

Just because we got lazy or efficient doesn’t mean it’s ineffective.
And the same translates to all kinds of weapons and warfare.

3 Likes

Dithered.

Not like finding the pred is hard in the first place

That immediately gets refilled Imbetween shots

Sure you have to give up cloak but it’s not like the pred is hard to find in the first place. Plus taking pot shots from cover can help mitigate damage and Lazer time.

You can be a massive jerk that TK’s everyone in online games and ruins things for everyone else

It’s allowed

Obviously that over exaderating what you said but I hate the whole “well your a jerk but you can” notion as a whole.

And if this

Isn’t what you meant not my fault.

If your going to clarify something specifically is fine, I’m going to assume whatever else you mention isn’t fine (within context of course)

You took that out of context completely lol. As I said if you are only ever using plasma caster then you are a plasma spammer but if you’re just using it to flush people out then you aren’t a plasma spammer.

You mean the bow that has nearly the same DPS as the elder sword and can kill a downed player faster than the fireteam can revive them unless they have field medic. Yeah, takes so much “skill.”

Anyway, they should probably just revert the energy consumption of the plasma caster to what it was at release.

But don’t kid yourself, with the current starting damage of the bow, bow quick shot spammers are just as bad as plasma caster spammers.

This thread reminded me of this dude.

huge bs right there. it take between 3/4 arrow to finish a downed FT and generally even if you are able to finish the FT the pred nearly lose all of his HP or is second winded in a matter of second if of course your team is competent enough.

right. lets go quick claim and sacrifice a wind for a kill, like the predator did in 1987 movie.

oh wait he didn’t. he was plasma spamming dutch team like an angry child x’)))))))))

1 Like

Range is the most effective and safest way to play because melee is usually suicide or at the very least incredibly costly. With the disc being a lot more user friendly you might see less bow and plasma. You’re still never going to really see that forgotten gem of the plasma pistol

Accuracy increases as distance decreases and there’s no real mechanic to drive FT apart. So while I agree bow and plasma could go for small adjustments, it’s still the only way to beat a good team that sticks together. We nerfed the plasma pistol to oblivion, doing the bow and caster now would just seriously cripple preds I think.

With the exception of the radius of the PC splash damage. Make that smaller and force a little better aiming and it would do wonders for the people who hate the plasma spam.

2 Likes

It is supposed to have a very high dps, cause it requires skill to use. You still have to land you shots.

The bow itself isn’t going to make you a killing machine. If your aim sucks, you will die and die quickly.

Any other weapon with a few exceptions are garbage or just bad. Any melee weapon and melee strategy in general sucks(sickle can be ok sometimes).

Ranged play is the only way to win against competitive teams, cause if you go melee, they will melt you really fast.

1 Like

Caster leaves you more vulnerable than any other weapon in the game. It should hit hard. Never mind it’s shooting balls of what is essentially a fucking star.

3 Likes

Oh no. Cadillac, we disagree on something. The plasma pistol is still very strong, there’s just no reason to use it because it’s so outclassed by the bow.

1 Like

Aren’t we playing a first person shooter. The assumption should be that our aim is not going to “suck.” All you need to do is hop around and get a little close for the first hit, then the FT gets slowed down by the arrow and subsequent hits are easier from range.

I guess we do then lol.

Although now that you mentioned it, disciplined, audio decoy and plasma pistol could be a fun kind of hell to inflict on FTs.

Thing is though of you make bow and caster to an equivalent level as the pistol, the DPS loss to the pred I feel is just too much to stop objective rushing FTs. You simply don’t have time to do the damage. Rework FT missions and then okay maybe but right now I just don’t see it being a good idea personally.

1 Like

Didnt people say the same about melee lol

Nooo pred cant use the only ranged weapon without bullet drop! Unskilled!
I’d prefer plasma pistol being the uncharged option but hey that got nerfed back into not being worth taking so pew pew pew.

I think the same person said the same thing about melee

1 Like

lol you’re right.
There’s even a bright ass red laser there pointing you directly to the predator and he’s not going to win a DPS battle sitting there tapping the caster if you actually return fire with your HITSCAN WEAPONS or shoot off the mask while he’s stationary charging. I don’t see the problem here.

This is why pred will never get the equivalent of a speargun. Pred getting a sniper would be “no skill.” Only FT guns are skillful ofc.

I think the pistols one advantage is that it’s better at concealing your position. I have a tree build where I use the pistol on trapped or downed FT and it’s hard to trace the projectile. No light trail leading back to me.

1 Like

What if the nerfs are reverted would it be on par with the bow?

Playing a first person shooter doesn’t automatically make you good at it.

I would like to see anyone doing that against a competitive team.

1 Like

Pistol was bad from the start btw.