Playing fireteam is rarely fun

Quick claims, observant… and characters with less than 160 health.

On the contrary, FT is actually unfun because its the worst shooter gameplay in a decade and everyone got tired of streaming their 100 winstreak except the russians but I guess they left because Observant is op (you couldve just toggled off your thermal that you only used for 20 sec and heard them sprinting instead) not because half of this game plays like unpolished garbage with 0 depth whatsoever and you do the same thing every match with no variation in how you approach a situation.

You should’ve just posted a video of you sprinting around ps pubs in a circle quick claiming infront of 3 people and called it “reduce pred mobility by 50% and give controllers aim assist.”

3 Likes

https://images.app.goo.gl/5w6UTR3Reru7WzVp6

Unblooded you can do it!!!

1 Like

Everyone knows you only survived that first encounter with 2 hp because Observant op yuppers ;p

Um i didnt use observent… down range penetration and adrenal boost

/s

Jealous… this is how most my premade games go. Stop being scared

Jesu christo

Yes, but would I, or other predators, have noticed the crouch walking recon. Probably not. But there were bright little footprints leading me right to him. So you’re missing the point. With observant, you don’t even have to try to hear them or spot them in the bushes, which would actually require a lot more effort and lead to mistakes on the part of the predator.

Ironically, it was the sound of them sprinting past me that made me use thermal to pinpoint there location. Obviously, I’m not going to leave it on once I already know exactly where they are.

Yes I would hope you’d just toggle thermal off, head in the direction of the footsteps, and turn the corner to see the brown guy scooting around on his ass.
I get it you really want your recon pig n shit stealthy silenced sniper loadout to be viable and I see bootscooting recons dying alone in corners thinking they’re playing metal gear solid but the reality is the game mechanics do not support stealth so recon will always be garbage unless they introduce a game mode where its relevant.
Thermal is “ideally” for tracking but it does the opposite and just leaves you vulnerable to getting snuck up on by shotguns and everyone’s aware of this or they wouldn’t be spending all match with it off. Observants sole selling point is being able to go “oh they turned this corner” and then flip it off so you can hear again which is the only reason to even take it, finding people doesn’t require effort either way. Everyone else is just running downrange, impenetrable etc but yes lets get even less perk variety and less reasons to use thermal in a predator game.

A. There is no need to track anything in this game everyone goes to the same compound to do the same thing & this is an unfortunate reality people need to accept and stop gimping their team & compulsively mudding up taking free hits instead of shooting.

B. Thermal is for hitting the target iso button and maybe tagging players and then it gets turned off. You can hear gunfire, footsteps, callouts etc from all directions with it off as evidenced by you playing your whole game with vision mode off, like everyone else does.

C. Playing recon is about as useful as bringing thermal nades.

Pig in shit is viable if the predator isn’t using observant. I was using assault with PiS, but lately, I assume the predator will eventually find me and go with thick skin, dexterous, and fast hands instead.

You mean viable if the pred isn’t wearing headphones or just started the game who tf hears a camp alarm go off and isn’t already there when you can cross the map in a few hops & then hear you sprinting away? If the pred doesnt find you the first three minutes and stay on top of you the whole game that’s a skillgap issue its like arguing for the viability of noisemakers vs bad players.

I’m more offended that you think you shouldn’t be found sprinting across the water to exfil at the sheer distance you can hear footsteps in this game. It’s interesting that you think your exfil clutches fail because “lol observant op” though.

And I don’t completely disagree. Like I said, it’s about how terribly easy observant makes “staying on top of” each fireteam player.

As far as clutch exfils, most predators just throw indestructible traps around the exfil, so no more of that for me, anyway.

I mean that’s what its for countering the 5% of people running pig n shit crouching around. Alternatively you just tag them and they have a glowing icon above their head unless you have to go eat a pig or something. The game is anti-stealth and instead you just brainlessly lead around your lemming teammates every match until daily challenges are done. If they introduced a Hatch mechanic like dbd does for the last man standing it would atleast make a little bit of sense.

As long as there’s no reason to split and play stealthy there’s not a huge point to mud/silencers & anything other than just maintaining LOS on eachother and stacking hp. Default vision being a 1:1 FT vision making it better than thermal & being able to hear gunfire outside of sound indicator ranges was a dumb design decision too but I digress.

All i do is land bow hs on people. The only skill is dont miss shots or opportunity. If you down one premade member i can capitalize and kill the rest 19 out of 20 timed

Well no. Because every one should limit their movement once they can hear the predator and everybody can use mud. Observant alone makes muddying up useless once the predator knows your general location. The perk itself should have never been included, but, now that it’s in the game, it’ll either need to be nerfed/reworked or I don’t see how low hp FT would stay relevant, including assault without thick skin.

Pretty much why I run Dutch or Support build like a tank in the majority of games I play. More so when you play randoms and most of the time you have potatoes in your team.

Yeah. That’s really the only option at the moment. Support, Dutch, or assault with thick skin. Basically, I play Dutch like I would a recon. My main is assault with thick skin and that bolt sniper with the vector smg. Works great with assault’s secondary damage class perk.

1 Like

Muddying up in general is useless because you can see and hear everything that the FT sees just by not gimping yourself using thermal. They can all hear you sprinting and hopping over stuff, setting off camp alarms & hear you firing silenced weapons lol. It at most prevents you from dodging them around corners if they have thermal on before the footprints fade away. In a viability scenario, no. Pig n shit is as viable as thermal nades and noisemakers. Recon is still a shit class even without the pred running observant because the game mechanics don’t support stealth and its base hp is still within 1 shot range of the pred.

At the same time that kind of solo play can’t be a thing to begin with because it just leads to everyone watching one asshole who ran away from his team to go hide & crouch walk around for 10 mins instead of helping everyone kill the pred when they had the chance. Just equip a sniper on your support and sit in the corner since its a consequence of the game not having weapon restrictions based on classes. Ofc high hp classes are going to be preferable.

What is everyone’s issue with observant? :/

I have no problem with it as FT.

1 Like