Poll: Should Jungle hunter 87 be released for everyone to unlock or purchase? (Stop posting about it. Poll says all)

Ah ok thanks

1 Like

But also, see if they think about it, they should let jungle hunter become purchasable, here’s reasons for yes and no: Yes; more money, praise from fans, but only give the preorder people something else but never give it to the non preorders because they begged No; preorders will complain about it and say it was misleading: SO FUCKING WHAT? You got the game to get a skin, ok, let other people enjoy it too, you know?

I’m one of the people who think he shouldn’t be released.
If you do something like offer a preorder exclusive, you don’t go back on it. Yes, accidents can happen and they can be dealt with maturely.

That said, I’m not opposed to Crucified/Revenant being in the game or sold. He is a very similar but not the same character, he’s a member (or leader) of the Jungle Hunter Clan. He’s slightly shorter, thinner and has his own battle damaged mask.

Jungle Hunter, could be used in a challenge mode or in a 1v1 mode that recreates fights from the movies. As long as he’s only played in that context they’re in the clear. He isn’t playable in Hunt mode or PM then there is no issue.

Digital property is still property and he belongs to the preorder players. Swapping him out for another Predator isn’t ok, it would be like replacing something I own with something different then telling me I should be happy because now everyone can own it. Some preorder players don’t want something else, they want what they received as a bonus for showing their support to illfonic.

Preorders matter on the business side of things, they help you decide how many copies to ship, how many servers to have up and running on launch day.

Hope that clarifies.

2 Likes

How is this debate still raging? It is simply a case of the shocking culture of entitlement that is one of the reasons the world is in this current mess. Yes it’s only a skin in a game but the terms were clear. Accept them.

Look at it this way. James Cameron puts on the greatest concert in history simultaneously playing all instruments in an orchestra and tickets go on sale. To boost sales you see that buying a ticket early will get you a free gift when your ticket arrives in the mail. But instead of buying one you decide to wait. You later decide you are as entitled to one of those gifts even though you didn’t buy one when you had the chance. Yes you may be willing to pay but the fact is the goal of selling the tickets is accomplished so the free gifts served their purpose and if James Cameron lets you have one too then it’s a betrayal of the fans who bought early.

James Cameron understands that jungle hunter is cool but it is effectively a time limited edition. You have a window to buy and if you miss it then bad luck. In this case it was also a bonus to encourage pre orders. If every pre order bonus is given away or even sold later then it removes motivation to pre order a game, developers don’t want that.

If the skin also had extra perks then James Cameron would support you but as it is merely a cosmetic there’s no need. Plus the devs already gave you a chance to unlock the helmet as a compromise. This seems fair.

PS: You should all play as Mr Black anyway. He looks cooler.

4 Likes

Wise words from James Cameron, keep raising that bar.

I didn’t get to preorder the game and even I don’t believe it should be released to everyone. Why? Because they PAID more money to get something EXCLUSIVE and If you didn’t then you shouldn’t be given something that was offered for helping support the game development. Sorry not sorry. Wish people would would stop wanting something someone else has just because they don’t have it and quit acting like they deserve something they literally didn’t contribute to.

2 Likes

No. We didnt pay more money. We just paid early.

Well, typically preorders you do pay more especially if it comes with exclusive items for example doom eternal deluxe edition preorder was more expensive than the regular edition, my apologies on that, but you get the concept.

2 Likes

I pre-ordered the standard edition of PHG and payed the same as my friend who got his a few months later, although I got it through Amazon so I only paid extra for the shipping and handling.
I did pay more for my pre-order for Doom Eternal deluxe edition

1 Like

THANK YOU!

You have the tribes respect

1 Like

You sir have my respect

2 Likes

I was about to be livid for a minute. But I shall sooth my wrath since this thread is not being dragged from its shallow grave

Give it some time. Now that this thread has been reanimated from the grave it’s only a matter of time before someone turns it into a clusterfuck again.

3 Likes

I will sharpen my pitch fork in the meantime

1 Like

I’ll get the torches ready.

1 Like

Memes are standing by

2 Likes

Load your bolters brothers

2 Likes

Thats why its more expensive.

I believe he was talking about the general price drop that comes after a release

1 Like

Why hasn’t Illfonic listened to this yet?