Possible Hack, Cheat or Bug

Yes, somebody else was also able to download it and posted it here in the forums.

Funny how you know about this bug sound like you have partaken in it yourself

Well, I also found ways to make the game exploitable, it’s not hard with this game.
What matters is what you do with that knowledge.
He can either tell Illfonic how he was able to pull it off, so they are able to replicate and fix it, which he just did.
Or keep it for himself, so it stays exploitable.

1 Like

and @Vargaresa

I found out about this after clearing save data a few times to get rid of the crashing glitch (I’m on PSN), and I tested it out in a private match, and it actually works. I changed it back to what they should be, as I do have some principles. Later one of my friends downloaded a second copy to his PlayStation, and the same thing happened to him.
I personally don’t abuse these kind of exploits, and would rather have them fixed, but the more detail I can give to fix these issues, the better for @OldKingHamlet and @Courier to fix them.

As per your initial tone, @fwee2015, please refrain from being as accusatory, as I can understand why you would say that given the level of detail I provided, but I know others on here will not be as logical or nice in the reply on these forums.

7 Likes

Accusatory how i litterally said it seems odd that you know soooooo much about it without doing it yourself i never even knew this was a thing till this post.

We all had to delete our application data several times, no oddness in that, e.g. see:

@Vargaresa and @TheSenate behaved in an exemplary manner - the given details are helpful for the developers and just few are able to give those. More often the people just swear instead; which is understandable but not helpful, if you ask me…

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m just trying to help the devs fix the problem!

1 Like

By the way, if there really is a cracked version out there, I would not be too astonished, if that version comes with one or another cheat, built in, too…

I remember several discussions in this forum, whether there are cheats out there or not :)

1 Like

Yeah, agreed.

1 Like

You better not mention the C word mate , especially if its on pc 😄

2 Likes

I’ve never seen such thin skin , over the possibility that this game is hackable 😁 if you can buy and use hacks for games like call of duty , a game and fanbase that towers over this game , but there’s no hacks for hunting grounds and you better not suggest it ? 🤣

That is a discussion which happens quite often in this forum…

But, what I have to admit to those who claim “there is no cheat out there” is, that more often the “cheater” is either an exploiter or just running accidentally into a bug…

We all know Headless Nick haunting the game from time to time:)

1 Like

What you said is true , but a minority doesn’t speak for the majority , and that goes both ways for pc and console . The game was so poorly optimised from the beginning, any hacks that were out there “only work in the tutorial” , so they 100% believe people out there took these things no further? Just out of curiosity itself , people would have tried to implement such things in the full game . But the stance that they take just makes the pc side either look guilty or insecure , a forum isn’t the place for someone if they are happy to put their point of view and opinions out there , but shout down anybody with an opposing opinion, its just sad

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s true, some “shouters” out there. But, man, that is true for todays society too. We just have to cope with that fact:)

What is important, is that those, who come with manners, are not quiet. History has shown, that then terrible things can happen…

1 Like

Yeah , i just save my energy for something that is actually meaningful. I dont need this forum to feel like I have achieved something and as far as I can see , its just opinions that there are no hacks and no actual facts , the facts that there is something strange? Well there is no shortage of people with stories about versing pc players at this game , and console players aswell . Its a two way street and not so one way as they like to think

1 Like

Preserving the energy just for things you actually can change is a very wise notion - I am still exercising this, I hope, one day, I will manage that fully:)

1 Like

Theres an old saying , “you can win a hard fought debate with an intelligent person , but its impossible to win a debate with an idiot”.

1 Like

Well that’s the thing, many PC players around here love to shit talk console players and lump them all to the same camp of they’re just inferior in every way and may as well be children, can’t aim at all, don’t know how to play the game, etc.

if you so much as say PC players cheat either through legitimate hacks or the use of macros then they will get beyond triggered.

3 Likes

Oh I know mate 😁 trust me , I’ve been on here long enough . Even console players can buy addons for controllers which are basically macros . I’ve seen shady shit against console and pc , usually if you get such a reaction ? It could mean there just might be some truth to what you say

1 Like

To be honest, I am not sure whether those “intelligent” people can be found in reality at all. If it comes to arguments I more and more get the impression, that they are just “used” to enforce the own ideas in general.

Some centuries ago, a guy stated, that he has proof, that the earth might not be flat. They locked him in a tower.

That is exactly the same what is happening today when your arguments does not fit the purpose of other people - if you are lucky, otherwise it also can happen, that you are burnt…
And this unfortunately is (still) true for science as well in my experience.

So, it unfortunately is not just a question of intelligence:)

But Arnie, we should not discuss this in this thread as this thread was meant as an error report, right?:)

Have a good day…