Possible Improvement To Parrying

Disregard all of what I said. I play on PS4 with cross play on, and I tried to take out one fire team member from the start. The entire team was in a party and when the first member parry stunned me the three snipers take off my mask and second wind me 2 minutes in. Just disregard this entire post because I got triggered at that and posted.

3 Likes

They already did decrease the stun time. This suggestion doesnā€™t help anything as far as I can see. Iā€™m trying hard not to be rude but do you die to knives a lot? Have you tried not pushing melee when they have a knife out?

Why donā€™t I ever run into Predā€™s who just let you knife them to death. šŸ˜•ā€¦ I still havenā€™t seen a video of a 1v1 where a player beat a Pred with a knife. Itā€™s almost like when it does happen, itā€™s to embarrassing to post because itā€™s clear the Predator was glitching or absolutely new. (If itā€™s ever happened)

PS. OKH can I have a way to turn last man standing off, it gives no benefit to me and I kinda hate it.

1 Like

I like it but the beating heart sound is not only annoying but it doesnā€™t allow you to hear your surroundings.

Stun time wont matter in the grand scheme of things, cause the parry is to delay the pred, and for inexperienced preds to knife them to death, making the size of the knife matter what you can parry, So the gutter and other larger knives can parry elder sword,smart disc and wrist blades, and Dutches knife can parry all the weapons including heavier ones like Combistick, Alpha sickle and Katana. That way when you level up the knife you unlock means something beside being a cosmetics.

Iā€™ve only done it twice. If a pred allows the ft to knive him to death, he deserves it. Iā€™m amazed at how many preds are still going in hard on a melee slam and get wrecked, then they cry the ft is op.

1 Like

I play a scout, so it gives no speed increase, I canā€™t hear, and I have to run away early to have any chance of evading the Pred.
Itā€™s fine on other classes who gain a benefit but as a Scout, it literally just hurts my experience.

ā€˜Your the last on leftā€™ hereā€™s a bunch of nerfs to help youā€¦ ok well thanks for not considering my class when you introduced it guys. Itā€™s 1 of only 2 real problems I have with the game. LMS and fucking Field Lockers.

The last man standing should get full health bar, super speed, quick release, dexterous, baneā€¦pretty much a line of cocaine.

1 Like

Iā€™d like it to give Heavy Hitter and to keep it in line with the thread, the original parry mechanics, so longer stun and longer interval where itā€™s actively parrying during the animation.
Full health would be nice, every time Iā€™ve had it, Iā€™ve had no heals and less than 50 HP.

1 Like

Also, if the ft temperature goes up, then the pred shouldnā€™t go completely invisible. Letā€™s make it fair 1v1 is almost impossible to win as ft unless the pred is a noob.

1 Like

The temperature thing is what annoys me so much, you canā€™t just hide behind a tree mud up and vanish anymore. You need to run a good distance away and keep cover between you and that isnā€™t particularly easy to do normally, I feels like Iā€™m glowing like second wind, šŸ¤£.

I do think it will be adjusted over the next few patch so Iā€™m not super worried. Iā€™m just still annoyed that they didnā€™t consider my class, I know itā€™s childish though, so not really mad at them.

I wouldnā€™t be opposed to a meditation type perk that prevents it and give some other bonus when it isnā€™t active. Like youā€™re calmer and so donā€™t Argo AI as easily.

PS. Not sure how I feel about Pred losing Cloak, maybe if they choose to take off the mask and fight you, it can disable Cloak, Caster, Thermal and use those buttons for melee options.

hahaā€¦a true gentlemen duel šŸ˜Ž

1 Like

I just hope this next patch makes both sides fun to play again.

3 Likes

Good luck winning this one bro hahah

parry needs no nerf, if anything needs buff to further prevent preds from rushing melee

I donā€™t die to knives, but I have a very aggressive play style, so I try to take out one fire team member from the start. I play on PS4 and often with cross platform on, and I find it kind of irritating when the fire team is 4 PC players in a party where the first member parry stuns me and three snipers take off my mask and second wind me 2 minutes in. Also disregard this thread because said scenario happened and I got triggered

2 Likes

I second that, LMS pisses me off.

1 Like

Spoken like a true PC Fireteam player šŸ¤£šŸ˜šŸ˜

Actually, the parry mechanic is a fucking joke. FT player stamina drains are of no consequence to the player, whereas they have a massive impact on the Predator. The stun effect that the Predator experiences allows a FT player to either dump some rounds into it or get a bonus stab in on it. The Heavy Stab has a fucking built in parry framešŸ¤£

How is it rational that a 6ft human with a combat knife can dominate an 8ft brick shithouse Alien Hunter with a huge sword? The momentum alone should push the human back onto his ass. 8f anything, itā€™s the FT player that should get the stupid stun effectā€¦but FTs cry OP and illfonic cuck to their cries.

Same here man. LMS is useless. At least if it would make you immune to net gun or something. Before I could try and run to reinforce the teamā€¦ Now I need to hope the pred is bad and I can solo his assā€¦ Now I am not saying there are not lots of preds that you can solo but I would like to try and revive the team instead of fighting him off.
Last one I had to solo because he got really lucky and set up a ton of traps at the right radio. so I bated him inside a house and he tried to kill me in melee as I was running around a big table :)

1 Like

What I think there doing is making the balance work with all modes, Which if this balance was in a multi Predator mode with more than 4 fireteam memebers this balance would make a little more sense, currently inexperienced preds will get melted and melee is not viable for them whatsoever now, if we pit 3 preds vs 8 or 10 ft all of these ft buffs make sense, which would also explain why the parry is the way it is now but Im just spitballing rn.

Believe it or not the stamina drain got me killed a few times. For example, a predator jumped on me on the roof, I parried him a few times and then when I tried to run away I had to jump over a pipeā€¦ No stamina and he killed me there :)

Also I would like to see the mentality of ā€œhow is logical for X to bla bla blaā€ its a game man! How is it logical that a sniper round does not instantly turn the predatorā€™s brain to mush?

I get his point, the last update has made this game FAR better from a gameplay standpoint. Before the last update I had countless games end with the FT dead or predator dead 2-3 mins in when the pred first engaged and pressed only melee. Now they actually play some range, its far more fun (at least for me). The braindead charge and smash melee was so unfun to playā€¦ But whateverā€¦