Pred Armor Testing Ideas

So, for the last 2 updates Pred has gotten armor buffs. However, a lot of people are saying that this has not done anything, as such here is my proposed “gauntlet” for armor testing:
Controlled Variables: Assault + Deadly + Yautja’s Bane, pred at full HP, all done at a 0 meter distance.
Test 1: All body shots on the stomach, where it is unarmored. Measure how many bullets it takes to second wind.
Test 2: All body shots on the chest, where it is armored. Measure how many bullets it takes to remove mask and second wind.
Test 3: All headshots on the mask. Measure how many bullets it takes to second wind + remove mask.
Test 4: Remove mask, get pred back to full hp. All headshots on face where mask was. Measure how many bullets it takes to second wind.
Compare to the previous tests done by others.

5 Likes

Make it so.

2 Likes

I’ll test this weekend if I get some time to and someone wants to help.

2 Likes

We have tested some stuff and will continue to. Me and @Idek that is.

What Illfonic neglect to tell you is that in each case the buff was by a magnitude of 0.001%.

Honestly, there’s fuck all difference, and the devs get away with it by being deliberately vague with the patch notes.

3 Likes

They do be doing stuff like that often. Like, alpha getting a “melee damage” buff. Literally 1 extra damage

1 Like

See @SkooLBoY_SkePtiK and I think the armor has to do with 2nd wind or the mask

As in the past bullet resistance was specified for hunter and scout when they did that and melee dmg was specified when. That was done to samurai

Why would they change their language over damage resistance now

We know the mask takes less damage then normal damage delt to the predator u til it breaks off and you can deal headshot damage from shooting the pres in the back of the head when they still have it

2 Likes

That’s what I’m leaning towards, even though it may be unintentional. They might think they have buffed the pred armor, but it doesn’t matter if the number of bullets to sw/kill stays the same.

As @DisturbedLlama said with the whole Alpha Sickle thing, it doesn’t matter if they buff something if the number of bullets to kill or melee hits to down stays the same.

2 Likes

Precisely.

1 Like

Right, so if you don’t mind me asking, what specs are you using (class, weapon, perks) in testing so when my test is done we can compare number results?

Repeat this test

also in patch 2.03 this is what the mask was like
no perks, shooting a stationary “Hunter” Predator with no perks:
7EN:
10 Shots To Body
8 Shots To Head
(Mask is destroyed after 4th head shot.)

SAWZ-50:
6 Shots To Body
5 Shots To Head
(Mask is destroyed after 2nd head shot.)

If gun damage stays the same at these distances then we know it has to do with 2nd wind or the mask

Thunder cat claims the armor occurs prior or after a certain percentage of hp so test a full clips damage also

1 Like

Thanks!

So, if you’re losing a lot of health quickly, the armor kicks in to give you a chance to escape?

Its definitely not the mask, me and ven tested the damage and the mask comes off even easier now.
It’s pretty pathetic tbh.

1 Like

Anything more specific?

Weapon used? Number of hits? Distance?

So where are your test results?

Yeah so he said at some percent armor kicks in and damage on a weapon is capped until another threshold is reached so let’s say at 70 % it kicks in all dmg is reduced by 30% until you get to 50% hp just as an example I personally don’t believe it but it’s the best explaination I can give as he literally said he survived getting 3 assault deadlies with ars unloading on him at 20m for 2 seconds as a valkrie with no defensivet perks

Ttk for the mask basically.
Before it would take at least a full clip to shoot off, now it comes off in like 15 or 10 bullets.

Even after 2.0. It never came off that quick cause I tested it back then too.

Deadly, scar, bane on.
But it was exactly the same as before.
Like the set up.

Distance shouldn’t apply to this one because it was never the amount of damage done which removed the mask, it was the amount of time hits.

1 Like

But it could think of the mask as a Halo style shield it could have a separate hp bar that bleeds onto the predator hp bar say 30% of damage taken applies to the predator for example the other 70% is negated and applies only to the mask hp

Talking out my ass here I don’t know how mask dmg works aside from it the pres takes less dmg when it’s shot until it breaks
And you can avoid that by shooting the pres in the back of the head