Predator: Badlands

release date is set for November 7th, 2025. directed by dan trachtenberg, with the cast starring elle fanning.

the premise according to wikipedia is “While traversing a wasteland, two sisters discover their horrifying past.”

we got our first teaser image too, looks badass.

upon closer inspection of the armor style and wrist blade designs, i think this could be Jungle Hunter himself. this would mean that the movie would take place after Prey but before the original movie. i personally would be thrilled at the idea of getting to see jungle hunter again in film, but this time emerging victorious (something we have never seen in a predator movie: the hunter winning in the end)

thoughts?

4 Likes

doesn’t make sense …unlesss the earth becomes a stupid ass jungle full of stupid ass people. but hey…

I mean lets face it, they thrown in a old model for the predator…so that a fanboi can fap. Should that be the slogan?
nO plot, no year, no synopsys, which is usually how fan based films happen but they usually end in 10 minutes with no investment. Take a look at that medieval fanfilm. They threw in medieval cosplayers…drag colour corrected digital video…and threw in the JH cosplay costume and thought everyone would nut all over it. Well…assuming you would too I guess its A WIN!!!

1 Like

I assume by “wasteland” it means something post-apocalyptic, so it can’t be JH. The events of 87 directly reference current and recent (at the time) real-life military incursions and groups, most notably Cambodia, which was during the Vietnam War. I love the idea that its a Pred that wins though, that would be a first and kinda needed.

2 Likes

I can think of minimal things I would want to see in a Predator movie more than the Predator actually winning for once.

I’d also love the concept of seeing the Jungle Hunter come back.

But I think it’s still reaching quite a fair margin to legitimately speculate that the Predator might actually win in this movie. Particularly if we are just basing this theory off this image.

Especially if Prey is anything to go off. Dan Trachtenberg is obviously directing this one too & frankly I very highly doubt that they have the balls nor common sense to make a female Protagonist lose to a Predator. Naru’s ungodly amount of Plot Armor in Prey 2022 was bad enough. I can only imagine what decisions he has made for this movie or has been forced to implement into it.

My expectations for this movie are set very low.

3 Likes

The only way Hollywood will make the Predator be victorious is by making it a hero instead of a villian…

Turning the predator into a pu$$y

2 Likes

look all i see with those skulls he’s standing on is a plain as day tribute to Terminator the war against the machines… Lets see that instead. Id nut.

4 Likes

I cant see how a lead like elle fanning is gonna be a good thing. Naru was ok but still had some plot armor and i feel this will be the same, but id rather be wrong and it turn out good jus not confident it will be. The locations and pics they released look good but idk kinda feel like predator is gonna become a girl boss franchise now. Were already getting a prey 2 with naru again so why not let the main be someone who fits the role.

3 Likes

Naru is probably the worst Protagonist in the franchise tbh. I can’t believe she gets a second stab at a Predator movie but people like Arnold & Adrien Brody haven’t.

Turning this franchise into some kind of shitty girl boss series is the worst road they could possibly go down. Literally no fan of the Predator franchise wants to see some 5ft, 100lbs girl fight a 7+ft, 600+lbs Predator & somehow win with pure agenda-driven plot armor.

4 Likes

Yea agreed shes at the bottom of my list too. Its a shame arnold, royce and isabelle, and harrigan never got another feature even if only a cameo. Its like the star wars thing, sure there are girl fans but majority is men so they tried to appeal to women and that turned out to be bad for everyone especially the IP. I like star wars, but isnt in my top, but predator is so it annoys me that the same formula they used on star wars is being used on predator and hopefully it doesnt kill the IP.

3 Likes

SHOULD NARU DIE AT THE HANDS OF GREYBACK IN PREY 2?

• YEA
  • NAY

0 voters

Well yeah on top of Naru just being a shit character let alone Protagonist, the Predator franchise’s roots started with the strongest, most badass, masculine men on the planet being hunted by the deadliest Hunter in the universe. Now, it has devolved to a random stubborn, hormonal teenaged comanche woman fighting the most inconsistent Predator shown on screen so far, that also happens to look inbred & is apparently r*tarded.

3 Likes

Fuck you guys.

2 Likes

Ok but Amber MIDTHUNDER is a fucking hot slice of premium tatanka.

1 Like

I don’t see the appeal with her either personally.

@Naru did you have any sudden urges to fuck the feral predator during the events of your movie? im sure you were imagining that big alien schlong when you first saw him

1 Like

Literal goddess brought to us from the Ancient Ones. So happy she’s in season 2 of Monarch.

To me, it doesnt even look like the official movie poster. Even the ship look straight like that from the AVP. And the pile of skulls? Honestly, I dont like it.
I think that we should be very critical, this time its gonna be Predator against two main females. So…

1 Like

Honnestly the best way for that to happen with Hollywood in charge is Predator during world war 2 killing nazis.

3 Likes

You’re trolling right?
I refuse to believe that any self-respecting man could unironically salivate over a random woman this heavily🤣

plot armor overload