Predator DPS is too low

drinks heavily from a bottle of Yautja Daniels, weeping quietly on Derailed roof

4 Likes

• Yautja Bow

• Lowered headshot damage
  • War Club

• Increased damage of final melee swing
  • Hand Held Plasma Caster

• Reduced fire rate
    • Increased recoil
    • Adjusted camera shake
  • Net Gun

• Increased recoil
    • Adjusted camera shake
      Yautjas Bane
  • Increased damage to Yautja

*Combi stick nerf the damage from 126 to 106 (no informations on patch notes)

As much as I agree with making more range based the Predator, how can you play range if you nerf everything range based and buff Bane until SAWZ needs 5 shots to send in second wind a poor Hunter. Illfonic pls play your game and see with your eyes.

2 Likes

That won’t help warclub hahaha it already does tons on the final swing. It’s tracking is what sucks

2 Likes

This actually says a lot!!! I’ve said it before. There should be, there MUST be a ranking. If the game was able to match a player with others with similar skills (just as an example: same avg damage against Pred per game; same amount of claims on a handle time/timeframe; etc. etc.) this would be a much better experience for all, as it will be challenging but reachable to get a victory, exfil or whatever. I’m sure it may not always be able to match exactly the players, but at least avoiding having a newbie Pred against a very experienced Pred slayer team. I’d swear that’s awful for both sides.

2 Likes

Decent tutorials explaining how to use Target Isolation and Sound Bubbles would help Predator newbies a lot.
Decent FT tutorial too. Just and a match, had a guy and it was his second game and we had to explain how to mud up, use a syrette, interact with stuff. Even the Pred in that match was new, so luckily he got the whole experience of competition of mission.
Whatever happened to games having manuals 🙄

3 Likes

These nerfs were because of potatoes. But i can tell you right now if they put plasma caster back there would be a huge uproar when your team is wiped by one shot 1.05 plasma

1 Like

Q times bro q times… its just a game

I think this video, first match, demonstrates this issue perfectly. The amount of damage the FT can tank is fucking ridiculous. And the Predator is like a de-clawed kitten.

Also, bunny hopping scouts (human) are ridiculous as well 🙄

2 Likes

We learned the art of the hop from Yautja and have turned it against them, muahaha

2 Likes

Can you either start giving timestamps or edit your videoclips to show the moments you’re referring to? I don’t think many people wants to sit and watch a whole round.

I watched a clip further up in this thread where you hit a Support class 9 times and he escaped, he probably had 200hp or the owlf trained perk. He does use a syriette, means he will get back 100hp, the combistick swings are weak against single target but instead the attack can hit multiple targets. Think i read somewhere that a combistick swing does 30-32:ish damage?

1 Like

I am not a smart man 😢
No but seriously how do you do time stamps?
And maybe I’m alone here, but the instant heals the FT gets with that syriette really piss me off 😐

1 Like

If you want us to watch something that happens in a videoclip, let’s say, 2 minutes and 34 seconds into the clip, you can just tell us to go to 2:34 and watch. I guess that’s the easiest way.

1 Like

Oh. It was really just the entirety of the first match 🤷‍♀️

The whole video is a demonstration of the amount of damage you have to inflict on Fireteam, how underpowered Predator weapons are, and how some mechanics are a spot in the face after all the work you’ve put in.

Let’s be real. This is not a 1v4, when you factor in Reinforcements. Yes, it’s 4 players but say 3 get killed and then reinforced. It’s almost like the Predator has to balance his weapons and attacks for two matches in one.

Predator resources really aren’t good enough for killing 7 potential Support Classes. Yes, you’re always going to get the odd one or two Pred mains who’ll say that they have no problem with that, but most Predator players do.

They need to fix the class system with matchmaking, so that you can’t have 4 of the same class on a squad. 4 Dutch’s shouldn’t be possible either.

2 Likes

I just watched the first round in that videoclip @VENN7eance and @Weevo540 quoting Weevo540:

Now i don’t see that issue anywhere in that round. IF you have paid any attention to what is going on in that round you will first of all see that the Predator is not focusing on any of the Fireteam players what so ever, instead he keeps switching targets randomly.
So, do i really need to explain what the injured Fireteam players who are currently not being attacked are doing or can you figure out that yourselves? I mean, you see that they go for cover and that base often contains more than 2 medkits. And what does medkits do? Yes, they heal a player up to 100% hp. With full hp again the Fireteam players can now take more damage without being downed.
There’s your explaination what is going on in the videoclip.

What really makes me cringe is that after you shoot charged plasma caster bolts inside that center building(you’re doing a good job by doing so!) where they are hiding in and downing 3 of them, you then decide to leave the tower, resulting with all of them reviving eachother. Why didn’t you keep shooting charged shots and finishing them off?

Now i’m quoting you VENN7eance:

Soooo, if you just target Fireteam players randomly, not focusing them down one by one, but instead injuring them and letting them go to heal up. Don’t you think it’s obvious that the Predator will have to deal alot of damage to them to kill them? I mean really, think about it, why should i even have to explain this, lol.

Why do you let them call in reinforcements? Am i the only Predator out there who finds out where the reinforcement radio is before i engage the Fireteam? Then keeping track of how many are dead and how many i can see around me so i know if i need to move to the radio and stop one who ran off or not.

So for future videoclips i would very much appreciate if you could just write some timestamps down if you think something is weird, so i don’t have to waste my time watching through the complete clip only to find out it was all bullshit.

Nobody made you do anything. If you wasted your time, that’s on you man. 🤷‍♀️ As far as it being bullshit, agree to disagree I suppose.

You made people watch the videoclip since you stated that it showed how the predator has to deal alot of damage to kill a Fireteam player.
I thought that your statement was bullshit and wanted you to provide timestamps to the moments showing this so i wouldn’t have to go through all of it, but you couldn’t because you said that you were stupid, so i had to watch it so i could explain the situation to you.

Yes, i wasted my time, but atleast me and the rest of the people reading the forum will know that they can’t take your future posts concerning game mechanics seriously, they will know you’re just not so smart and might not bring very bright statements about things. The forum member who doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

I made people? How? How did I do that? As for your other comments, go fuck yourself you pretentious stuck up little hemorrhoid

1 Like

Your answer is in the post above, if you have a hard time understanding what it says then i can’t help you.
Which comment are you referring to btw? This one below?

So I MADE you sit with your phone and watch a video to prove someone wrong on the internet who you thought was wrong? What, did I reach through the screen and hold on? You DID answer how but you don’t seem to realize it. You chose to do that because you wanted to play my internet dick is bigger than yours. In your own words, you thought I was wrong and wanted to prove it. That’s on you kemosabe ✌️

1 Like