Predator is still WEAK! Please fix the balance.

This is all fine, but their backend data during the trial showed a 50/50 split in fire team win vs predator win. So you claim they aren’t listening, but they are, they’re using data to paint a picture, not a couple loud mouths on a forum who are getting beat by a decent squad of 4. I mean some of u are making decent points(spotting is an issue IMO and some of the controls need tweaking, such as weapon switching) and look, Iv been playing Pred all day and been getting wrecked. I’m just not ready to say it’s the game. I still think it’s me. But time will tell.

Also, I’d like to add, if you’ve asked for a refund for the game after less that 48 hrs of it being out, you aren’t a serious person and don’t really have much to offer in terms of an opinion on this game. That’s just flat out, not enough time spent to make an educated opinion on the needs for this title moving forward.

1 Like

Also, I’d like to add, if you’ve asked for a refund for the game after less that 48 hrs of it being out, you aren’t a serious person and don’t really have much to offer in terms of an opinion on this game.

Sadly the Epic Games refund policy isn’t that epic

Well said! I had been playing non stop over the trial weekend and again today after the full release and I’ve come to much the same conclusion about playing as Predator as you have.

I think in addition to what you have said, to summarise my feelings toward how the Predator plays is that I feel trying to do anything with him is far too punishing, especially by competent fireteams. Even if you’re hit and run succeeds and you managed to get a down on a fireteam member, even by the time you go for a quick claim, the rest of the fireteam already swarm you and begin deleting your health bar. When you try to use the plasma cannon from a distance, you eat a good couple of sniper rounds to the face which then limits your ability to follow up from any damage you may cause from afar. You get punished far too heavily and very often get little in return which just creates frustration more than anything else.

Those things said, the sound changes to the footsteps of the Predator are much appreciated change. It’s much harder to determine the exact location of the Predator now as you can’t hear him stomping toward you from the other side of the map. However I still think the other noises he makes need to be either toned down or disabled and the cloak needs to be buffed a little as he is still far too easy to see. I think buffing stealth the whole stealth element for the Predator would be a really good start on how to make him much more viable as it would open more opportunities for you to strike at the fireteam and not eat like 8 mags worth during a single engagement and help quite a lot with hit and run.

The predator is weak. They need to buff him. This game should be called PREDATOR: Fireteam will kick your ass

3 Likes

Basically only way to get wins is to use berserker with the combistick against the fireteams that all use grenade launchers

Agent47,

It’s enough time to make an opinion, ESPECIALLY after playing many asymmetrical games and seeing the same problems presented here, that are also present in other games. I’m sorry if you’re new to the whole asymmetrical scene. But this game is VERY misbalanced, and after playing 12 hours straight on stream and grinding to LVL 38, and having the same constant problems with other players who are experienced at playing Fireteam from the beta… yes, I’ve had PLENTY ENOUGH time with the game, especially as it’s not been changed up much from the beta release.

Don’t try and come on here throwing out assumptions that I or anyone else on here have no idea what their talking about because you want to toss out your ‘greater than thou’ demeanor. Most of us have played enough asymmetricals to quickly assess that currently, the way the Predator is presented in this game, is flawed. Plenty of people presented those problems up front from the beta, and almost noone were changed or fixed upon.

Sure, the game looks beautiful. It’s visually pleasing… there are fun attempts here at a great experience, but the balancing, and pushing countless ways, strategies of approaching the fire-team to make the base Predator a lethal weapon without relying on the combi-stick to cheese my way into a winning situation is VERY flawed… If you’re so blind as to see that, then I can’t help ya man… continue to think what you want to think, but I can see it clearly.

2 Likes

I would like to add that the pre-order mini-gun is literally pay to win. Any fireteam member with that, which is usually 1-2 every game just SHREDS the predators health when they engange. Now this means you need to target them first, but player time to kill is very high so you’ll be face tanking a mini-gun as well as whichever team mate might be nearbye.

2 Likes

Predator is weak. His weapons need a damage buff for sure. The fire team is too hard to kill. Devs please balance this out before you lose fan base :’( game would be GREAT if the predator was a bit more powerful

1 Like

Lol foreal though

The first few matches I played as a Fireteam member, I got slaughtered. As an avid F13 player, I thought this was great, if the matches went by too quickly. Then about a dozen games, after I figured out how to play and levelled up, the Fireteam killed the Predator every single match. And usually so quickly he couldn’t self destruct.

Then I started playing as the Predator. Got my ass handed to me. So did the tutorial more than once, tested all my gear, tried different gear/perk combos, and kept at it, knowing once I found a strategy that worked I’d hold my own.

Except that never happened. The Fireteam spots me easily, tracks me easily, and follows me so damned fast I can never get away to heal. My weapons don’t seem to make a dent, they cut out of the net almost immediately, and the AI enemies are killed so fast their presence does nothing. Half the match, I can’t even find the damned team. But they somehow manage to sneak up on me.

Playing again as the Fireteam, the Predator now feels more like an annoyance while doing a mission rather than a threat. Someone asked me how this compared to F13 and my response was: F13 feels like you’re in a Friday the 13th movie. This feels like you’re playing a random first person shooter with the Predator as a mid-level boss.

As someone said above, this is an ASYMMETRIC game. There shouldn’t be a 50/50 split between the fire team winning and the Predator. It should be more like 30/70. It should feel like a triumph when you’re playing as the Fireteam and kill the Predator. Instead it feels routine.

Now, I do have confidence this will get fixed. People had the same complains about Jason when F13 launched and those were mostly fixed. So I say all this as genuine feedback, with some random thoughts thrown in:

-The Fireteam moves too quickly. When I switch from playing Fireteam to Predator, I should feel the extra speed and agility. I don’t. They feel like they move at the same pace (tree climbing and super leaps aside). Slow the Fireteam down some. This would also make the self-destruct more of a threat.

-AI Enemies should be more of a threat - Right now, they don’t do much except annoy you as the Fireteam. I’d like them to be a threat. It’d be great to even get pinned down by them or have to make an actual strategy to take their base, rather than just be able to run and gun and wipe them all out in a few seconds.

-Predator weapons should be deadlier - It’s both a departure from the films and breaks the mechanic of the Predator being a stealth killer that its weapons don’t do more damage. I see the reasoning behind avoiding one shot kill weapons, but they should come damned close. Especially since…

-Too easy for Fireteam to heal - Medpacs are everywhere, everyone starts with a syringe, and then the very broken reinforcements mechanic makes it damned near impossible to take out a Fireteam comprised of even average players, let alone high levels. Reduce the heals and either do away with the reinforcement mechanic, nerf it, or make it like F13 where ONE dead player comes back as a single badass like Dutch or Carl Weathers or something.

-Matches are too quick - The matches are such fast paced non-stop action on the Fireteam side that the horror half of Predator’s action-horror is non-existent. Maybe adding an extra non-combat checkpoint to complete to every mission? Major recon or something? Or maybe some missions that are more stealth based missions like sniper assassinations, recon, and hostage rescue. Something that gives the Predator a chance to actually stalk the Fireteam.

-Reasons for the Fireteam to separate - This could easily be built into missions. “Two of you will need to hold down the enemy while the other two clear the tunnel,” or “both of these satellite links must be activated at the same time,” or what have you. This would add to the horror as the Predator would have a big opening in this moment.

-Maps Effects - More maps will come, just like F13. And like F13, I’d like to see some weather added. Fog, rain, etc. I’d love the option to play a map at night, and maybe a radically different environment(s) like an urban areas or North American woodland or snowy Siberia. And in these, the environmental effects could help or hinder the Predator in different ways. Cloak is harder to spot at night and sounds are muted in the rain, while snow falls from trees in Northern environments to indicate where the Predator is.

4 Likes

excellent feedback, I agree with every thing you said bud

The scout class of the Predator is irrelevant for the game as the game is currently balanced. It is way too fragile and its “advantages” does not balance out its fragility.

1 Like

shot 3 times at a ranger from 2 meter with the handplasma gun, I had to flee… 3 times !!! with a space shotgun of the dead and the guy is not even down… Predator don’t need lot of weapons if every weapons are useless

PS : I had the longshot perk too and bullet resistance

1 Like

I unlocked and tried the yautja bow today. Maybe my aim is terrible but I found it impossible to even land a hit. With the fireteam constantly running around and strafing like this is halo or something… When they finally sat still and i had a headshot lined up the arrow got stuck on the hitbox of the building they were hiding in.

Damn, if you can consistently win against average fireteams you must be the best gamer in history. I’m sure there are a few excellent Predator players out there that are up to the task, but it sure makes the game boring for average gamers. The player base is going to vanish if the Predator remains so difficult to win with.

I think the easiest way for the developers to fix this is to make the Predator deal heavier damage and make his weapons spread out better.

The fireteam should be the ones struggling to win. They should need to plan and play very carefully to survive and win, not the other way around. Sure the Predator is the one with the cloaking device, but the fireteam should be the ones hiding and being careful not to make too much noise.

4 Likes

JubPred,

You have made the point that I have made to EVERY gaming asymmetrical developer since 2016. You hit the nail on the head there! The ‘survivors’, aka the marines should be the ones that have to struggle and the ‘killer’ the predator in this case, should be the power house threat.

Because the survivors (the marines) will learn, eventually. You have to treat it like a Dark Souls game, the survivors will lose at first, but eventually they will learn the meta, and start to succeed.

If you balance these kinds of games EQUALLY starting off, then the marines will just get better to the point where they are over powering the killer player (the predator).

It baffles me completely how these kinds of developers have not learned this. That you NEED to balance the surviving side (the side with majority players) so they feel weak… so it FEELS like a ‘struggling’ effort, that needs TEAMWORK to survive… not just breezing through a match like it’s ‘routine’ child’s play as someone else put it.

TREAT THESE GAMES LIKE A SURVIVAL HORROR… where ammo and medical healing is hard to come by, and every bullet and amount of health is cherished, and not provided in plenty.

If Illfonic and other asymmetrical developers can’t learn this… then their game will always turn out being crappy, and will not deliver the suspenseful roller coaster ride of adrenaline that folks WANT and come back again and again for…

I’ve been saying these things for years, and I know 100% that THIS is the main ingredient that developers leave out, and it blows my friggin mind why they won’t do it. It’s ridiculous…

You want people to play your game, but you never listen to what educated people have to say about it… you’re too busy looking at all your little paper statistics and playing the numbers game, which I think blinds you to see what is ACTUALLY bringing people to these games… get your face out of the numbers, and just LISTEN to people.

4 Likes

You’re right. I think the overall concept the game has to aim for, should be the fireteam need to be afraid of the Predator. They need to be hiding and running from him. Getting in a straight up firefight should be the last resort for them. The Predator should have the advantage with superior technology and firepower so fighting him head on should be avoided.

Even if its not 100% realistic, to make the game work the way it should. Like other games such as F13 or Dead by Daylight, they need to make the Predator way more powerful.

You’re totally right that the game should start out with the Predator having the advantage and as players learn and become experienced they find ways to survive and beat the Predator. As it stands its completely the other way around. The Predator player has to learn and practice to even stand a small chance of winning.

When I think about coming up against the Predator the Aliens vs Predator games come to mind. I remember when you came up against the Predator in the missions that he’d autotarget you with the plasma caster and if you couldnt come up behind him or hit him quickly then you’d be dead within 5 seconds. It was an actual accomplishment to defeat the Predator.

2 Likes

I can easily give Illfonic a solution in just a few paragraphs that would help the base Predator alone feel more fun to play against.

The Plasmacaster… you need to build the damage output so that the ranged weapons are VERY strong and can take out grouped up marines pretty EASILY… and I’m talking easily… to where it feels OP…

This gets the marine players to be scared of Plasmacaster shots… now players will feel the need to be inside, they’ll be scared of being out in the open and not safe anywhere they go. If you get hit with the caster, you’re downed, and now you have a ‘cover the downed teammate’ scenario.

Because the caster would be so strong as to down someone easily, you have now forced the team to sorta split off, you can make the Predator very spongy to gunfire, keeping him at bay as so the marines CAN have a chance of survival rather than just being blasted away by the caster over and over. OR, make the caster’s energy depletion greater in such a way that there’d be time for the marines to do a save on someone (so they aren’t just spammed with it, once someone’s down).

That way the Predator now has to make a decision to use other tools, or go in for melee, but just using the caster over and over again to down the whole team would be impossible (unless they are just huddled together). This make the first plasmacaster shot VERY important as a preemptive for downing someone, otherwise, the predator will then have to move off and re-evaluate and fire it again from somewhere else… This is GOOD because after that first shot, now the marines are on edge on where the next one will come from, knowing that if hit by it, they could end up either downed, or critical condition.

2 good shots before a cool down sounds fair… one can be charged, and the second shot would be medium to weak (even weak shots should be able to down someone mind you) before you are forced to stop shooting to save energy, but you’d not be able to down an entire team with it, unless they are just all huddled up next to each other… and hey, if they are all huddled and get shot with a strong plasmacaster shot and all 4 get downed from it… Then… that’s a learning experience for them NOT to stay huddled and to watch their spacing. It’s a learning experience for the marines.

Ranged weaponry should be OP. Used to weaken the defensive wall that is the marine force so that the Predator can then come in to perform melee if they WANT, or continue their ranged assault.

Marines will then learn to watch their backs, and find in-door shelter, stay on the move, and never huddle too close together.

If the Predator is weak and spongy, then THIS play-style for them would be ideal. Close encounters with the Predator would be rare, as they usually fight from a distance, much like a hunter hunts from a distance to kill its prey, ESPECIALLY when the opposing force has guns.

I think picturing this kind of gameplay style on one’s mind would make this game WAY more fun to play, it would make the Predator FEEL like an actual Predator and would keep the marines on edge.

The only time a Predator would move in close is when he’s down to 2 marines left and they’re running frantic, but otherwise… ranged fighting is the go to…

Once you buff that caster, and his other ranged weapons… you’d have a REAL Predator, and REAL marine experience, just like the film.

HE IS AFKING MONSTER TANK IN THE MOMENT , dafuq…

only retarded Pred players here, 1 shot kills or nearly kills when hit, what you you want more?

And get ez killed when the chopper Arrives, and the Pred press 1 button… idiot…