Predator is still WEAK! Please fix the balance.

Then you obviously have not played the game if you think the Plasmacaster is strong, get out of here. I’ve used it enough to know what it feels like. I don’t have time for ignorant posts such as yours. Blocking ya.

na i think you are simply a rly bad Pred player, that want to kill all with press button… the plasma can nearly one shot them…

ps. i dont to get out here YOU HAVE TO GET Good Noob :D

You’re the one crying about how he is OP

Just get good noob.

Is 50/50 right though? When I play as fireteam I don’t want to kill the Predator half the time. I want to kill him maybe 1 out of 10 times, when I’m in the jungle and I hear the Predator for the first time, I want to think “oh shit he’s here”, and not “there he is time to spot him and make his invisibility useless, and gun him down with my much more powerful weaponry”.

1 Like

I have never won as predator. I love the game. The concept. Controls. Graphics. All good. Fire team play is fun and exciting. But playing as Pred is nothing but frustrating. He is too easily killed. Too easily seen. Doesn’t do enough damage. The Predator is supposed to be damn near unstoppable. I’m not saying to make him impossible to kill, but cmon. I was hiding in the trees just watching and they saw me and killed me in about 3 minutes. Please make the predator better.

I dont even use my guns much anymore, after seeing how easy it is to parry the predator and how much damage the knife does, that is all I really do now, knife damage needs to be halved st the last I think and parrying the predator’s attacks needs a very slight delay. Otherwise I’m just gonna keep killing the predator in melee just about every game.

Let’s chill on the personal attacks. Feel free to pincushion me, but not other players :)

That said, we’re listening to everyone’s feedback, but at this point, it’s good to remember that nearly every Predator player is still effectively “new” to the game. High skill Predators can be terrifying af in the current build, but you have to play towards what you saw in the movie: Diversion, isolation, resource depletion, and full use of the Predator’s toolkit can lay waste to experienced fireteams. Trust me, it sucks being the last one alive against a good Predator…

5 Likes

I totally disagree.

Ranged options for the predator are limited, and yield little damage.

I just had a game where me and my fireteam were CHASING the predator, and we successfully killed him.

This is completely embarrassing and we genuinely feel bad when we do it. The predator as a whole has limited options for stalking and hunting.

And of course it’s terrifying when it’s a 1v1, unless you’re parrying and using the knife, in that case it’s easy as shit.

2 Likes

I’ve seen I think 2 good predator’s thus far, but sadly they dont really do anything from the movie, the first was a monster with his shots from his plasma caster, was fun to watch us constantly getting downed because he was a good shot. The second predator used a net gun to trap one guy, and put another down with melee, came after me then as the guy in the net was still trying to get out. This is where I learned about parrying the predator unfortunately and after 2 successful parties, the 2 other teammates put him into second wind and we forced him to run. We healed up, got our ally up then completed the mission without much trouble. The issue is this: its waaaaay to hard to isolate the fireteam members. A good team isnt gonna split up but fir a meter or two, just enough to make the splash damage from the plasma caster useless. Plus once you are in a ps4 party chat, you arent gonna get isolated as you can safely communicate without the predator knowing anything or hearing anything. Unfortunately the skill level on the predator makes it hard to play and the fireteam too easy and safe to play.

I’ll just leave this here: https://mobile.twitter.com/Nasdorachi/status/1253931606974312448

1 Like

Doesn’t work when the whole fireteam is up and at em.

My fireteam and I are literally chasing after him each time we see him, quite sad really.

1 Like

That was pretty nice to see, but being honest, how many people are really gonna be able to pull that off effectively? I’m not trying to sound like I’m pissing on your game, I apologize if it sounds like that by the way. If nothing changes for the melee, well the majority of predator’s I go up against I dont think will have the skill this guy did to make sure they dont get stuck in a situation where they get non stop parried so I’ll keep killing them in melee, wait for second wind, then chase them down due to double time and kill them during their long healing animation. Also I couldnt see in this video, but does the disc do damage on return as well or only when thrown?

1 Like

No, no harm or insult taken! We have these forums to hear you feedback and specifically make the game even better. We want people to have fun :)

On the smart disc, I would have to ask. I’ve never recalled it through someone myself.

3 Likes

Also, to be fair you can’t just post a video of a player pulling off a good feat to prove your point.

I can send you hundreds of clips of people playing underpowered operators in Rainbow Six and they can get great clips, that doesn’t really mean said operators are good.

1 Like

Quick response from something I saw in another post, if the fireteam decides to stop the mission and instead go after the predator in more an an “arena” type fight as the person put it, it’s too much for the average predator. Fireteam has too many resources available to them that allows them to outlast the predator in terms of ammo and health, and this is usually the case, we start the mission, predator shows up (we know because they are loud with the whole mouth clicking) and then we simply duke it out, shoot him while in the trees, move when we have to the next objective if we want to even, then rinse and repeat until he gets brave enough to come down thinking he has the advantage in melee, the boom, knives and shotguns drop him. Even if he takes a member down, his hp will be too depleted to do anything more then run, heal, the come back and try again. As the fireteam we dont care, we have healing out the wazoo and ammo to boot. Takes us a fraction of the time to be readied for the predator to be ready than it does him. I love fighting a good predator, but it’s just too rare. I am loving the game, played it all day yesterday and will be today, I hope to run into another good predator or 2 today. Thank you for taking the time to read and for replying, it feels nice knowing the developers are taking an active roll in the forums.

1 Like

Ah… ehm… actually with a single plasmacaster shot the predator is not able do kill no one… in skirmish is a suicide… i understand the meaning of this… to give a better challenge… but the real plasmacaster was a very powerful weapon… the most powerful of the predator equipment… and there was not bulletproof able to resist… in the game is useless as fuck… and to not talk about melee… i have unlockedthe ancient blade… a single operative pratically need a lot of hits to die, the pred will die first…i hope the combistick will be a better deal… but is ridiculous how the predator is weak… the minigun is better than the plasmacaster and the melee skill of a predator are worst than mine… mmm good. For now the only strategy i found is stalk the fireteam and destroy the ammo crates… engaging sometimes From the distance (the plasmacaster used pratically like a decoy… WTF) to pull the team to waste ammo, i tried out and is working… not everytime, because the fireteam have too much firepower and if they track you without let you breath will be your death. anyway i imagine that in much higher level we can use a better equip for predator… the netgun is also good, but all the 4 member together are Too much for a level 15 yautja

Ah yes… offline bots please

Hello. I play with the predator.
Well, it’s worth nothing against people, isn’t it just a joke? Well, by the time I execute someone with a quick execution, the others will break up. 2 why can i only live twice? people can.take an energy charger with them, plus they can even use their partner on the field … joke me twice, then I beg you, at least you would do the forest full of wild boars, because if I find one it doesn’t always … .I should have something wrong … about half of the weapons are trash and more than half by the time I carve out the big boy, which I hope will be better maybe a little … because the scout is about paper … figure something out because that’s it unenjoyable and humiliates the predator universe.Weapons are useless, traps give 3 mats to a motion sensor, it makes no sense about … and yet I could classify them. go etc etc …

I just reached level 100 and all I can say is the predator meta is basically the berserker with the combistick and the plasma caster, once people unlock this class they’re just gonna use it. I mean why not because that class is basically like the trial where you can kill the fireteam in seconds. Besides berserker, scout and hunter are lacking, especially scout, I’ve tried to live scout but the grenade launcher spam at trees kills your health, hunter and scout need balances for sure. You want people to have a variety to have fun with, not to just win because you have to use a certain class because of balance issues. At least the game is more balanced then evolve so I still have hope for this game is they fix these issues fast but who knows they might make the predator overpowered lmao imagine.

I agree. The Predator and his weapons are significantly weaker compared to a competent team, even a friend and I managed to do the objective, shoot down and get him into his second wind state. I WANT to be able to play as predator and like him. But when his melee sucks entirely he’s easy to spot, and he can’t engage quickly without being mowed down to half before even downing a person, is ridiculous.

1 Like

Well yea, no need to posting this since its super obvious de Predators are weak. But yea add de stamina bug with scout predator, or leaves blocking plasma charges and disk :D tis funny and sad but yea. Fireteam can 1v1 predator with knife still even tho i already wrote this in the trial feedback guess they ignored it :D