Predator Perks.

Hey guys and gals.

I just wanted to get an opinion on some Predator perks.

Do you feel like the damage increasing perks, such as Down Range and Fearless are worth using? Also Impenetrable? Like , they " feel " underwhelming, and don’t make a huge impact in regards to what they claim to do.

Has anyone recently done any testing on these perks or all of the perks recently? Seeing as Illfonic cant give us any actual numbers.

Well, the dmg perks will give a 10% boost, as per testing done about other community members. Now, we can debate about whether its enough or not. I believe, they’re fine. My problem reside with the nerf of weapons and the lack of “proper” stealth for the pred, as well as other “minor” things.

1 Like

If your in a tight spot they could turn the tables by a very small amount but I don’t think there worth using

1 Like

ehhhhhhhhhhhh havent really put it too the test but it feels better? so yea? Down range and fearless i mean…

1 Like

as an example these are the bow dmg numbers
base shot 53 Wbuff 58 W OWLF 50
Fullycharge 70Wbuff 77 WOWLF 66
base head 93 Wbuff 103 WOWLF 89
full charge 122 Wbuff135 WOWLF 116

so this would imply with the 77 dmg for example assault has 150 hp without buff it would take an extra shot of 70 dmg to down him vs one less shot with the buff

another way to put it is with dmg numbers we can use the breakpoint method to decide number of hits required to down or kill someone cause y’know that’s how math works
generally i think it’s reasonable if to kill an FT should take between 2-5 hits for any weapon varying based on class and perhaps individual weapons stats

ie
125:all the glass canons with no perks
150 assault with no perks scout and recon with perks
175 assault with perks support with no perks dutch with no perks
190dutch with perks support with hp perk but not OWLF
200 every class in the game dies if this number is broken regardless of perk setup including OWLF support

yes they matter having down range with a bow is the difference of one more attack downing a assault
however impen is much less usefull

2 Likes

Thanks man.

Very informative stuff there. I’ve been using impenetrable because I lack confidence in my Predator skills. I use it as crutch but I’ve always felt it didn’t really change much so I’m going to remove it.

and here is some knowledge on impen and how it works

3 Likes

10 percent works well when you get hit with snipers… the bigger the dmg the less you take

Useually running second wind perk instead of impenetrable. Just depends. If you know what weapons the ft is using … you can guage your safe distance

I’d like a perk called short fuse where it decrease the time to self destruction by 3 seconds

Or a perk called april… when attached to a ft member the game crashes and says refund accepted

1 Like

Damage perks seem worthless to me. I focus on mobility and energy perks depending on class. Right now my hunter is modified reserve adrenal and long jump. Scout is long jump light bender and modified reserve since I feel like energy is his main weakness. I would rather address his health but impenetrable just isn’t useful enough to me.

1 Like

Wait, so does this mean Hunter has a built in Impenetrable? Does it stack with the perk (like how Berserker’s passive damage increase and Fearless do)? If so, then what would the numbers be? I’m assuming Hunter would have 1527 HP with Impenetrable and his passive damage reduction (I’m absolutely terrible at math, so this is probably very, very wrong).

yes in patch 1.06? or 7 hunter/scout recieved passive damage resistance to all guns that were not shotguns or explosives and it does stack

They “can”, they just choose not to for whatever insanely frustrating reason.
Many sources indicate that both these abilities are +/- 10%.

1 Like

I haven’t done any testing other than using them and having success. I would recommend using them in a build.

2 Likes