Predator: RAGE QUIT grounds

Predators are now leaving after the first 5 minutes of over aggressive gameplay on their part. (If you rage quit there should be a 5 minute added penalty). Its the point of a consequence, disciplining players that don’t follow the code.

FT members are dying and leaving INSTANTLY. Or leaving before the team has a chance to reinforce. Is there a way to encourage players to stay by providing a CONSEQUENCE the players will actually feel? Maybe bump up the the Veritanium amount (even prices of what items are worth to follow this economic bump) so when you are asked are you sure you want to leave and give up your V, it makes you think twice.

Spitballing. :)

@OldKingHamlet @Courier

6 Likes

This has been brought up plenty of times. I agree with you.

All that disagree with you are going to say either shitty random ft players or iM lEvEl 1So 5O I dONt nEeD ExP. Lol

3 Likes

i just wanna say increaseing the amount of VT earned but also increasing the amount required to buy items is a worthless change albeit there are quite a few players apparently who aren’t even spending vert cause boxes are so worthless so like VT apparently has for the most part lost its value cause the only things worth buying has droprates too low to be worth the hassel

(considering i’ve opened 10k boxes and never gotten a single trophy i do agree)

other than that yeah RQ’ers is a problem but atm i don’t think there is a good solution aside from a straight punishment of forcing people out of que for a time

and yes i am also agreeing with this

2 Likes

Lol. I think to punish rage quiting preds is to force them to quee up as ft for 10 games. And they must complete the full match.

And Rage quiting ft if Illfonic should make a dunce hat and make it a personal loadout for rage quitters where they are forced to play with the 1st assault rifle no extended mag no sights, and the first pistol.

Or rage quit ft for 5 games all vt picked up is giving to the pred in the match

3 Likes

So I haven’t seen really any FT rage quiting since 2.03 except in the case they get killed after reinforcements…which I’m okay with. You’re basically spectators from there. Don’t wanna stick around for VT or Exp that’s on you. Same for pred leaving after bomb defuse, not exactly “fun” to sit and watch FT collect VT or tea bag your corpse, don’t want your match earnings, again that’s on you and you’re not taking away from gameplay really.

I am however not in the least bit surprised by preds rage quiting early recently as even some potatoes are getting better (not all obviously) and any newer pred players are gonna lose constantly.

Went against a kid 3 times yesterday, one when I was running randoms and 2 with premade. I don’t think this poor kid won a match at all yesterday. He did okay against the randoms until more than 1 FT member at a time started paying attention to him. Against the premades I was in though it was over in 5. How long can anyone expect that to continue before they just turn off the game for good?

They quit because the game for Pred is frustrating. After 2.08.

Lol the name of this topic. Yes this game frustrates me but I’ve never rage quit. I’ve took my L’s why can’t other Fireteam members😂 Most rage quitters quit to go play Fortnite 😂😂😂😂😂

2 Likes

Actaully I think leaving the match should be punishment free in that scenario.

But yes I agree with rage quit consequences.

2 Likes

For the people that get disconnected because of bad Wi-Fi or poor service or whatever they should be allowed like three disconnects a month or something before penalty

2 Likes

Dude at this point its whatever.
I still get ft players who quit early on.

Also if the preds you’re talking about are dead then leaving, theres no point.
That’s not a rage quit.

1 Like

No not really.
Its happened so much I dont really care anymore.

I just dont see a point on worrying about it now tbh.

2 Likes

It just sucks when a 4 v 1 turns into a 3 v 1 or 2 v 1 or 1 v 1, because people don’t expect to be revived or presume they are on their way to lose. After being rezed and dying, I get the point of leaving.

Preds that engage FT once or twice, jump to a tree on the other side of the map, then leaving (rage quit), knowing they can’t defeat the FT they are playing. After being killed and FT is claiming your body, I get the point of leaving.

These are the instances I’m referring to.

Its ruining the game and I can only imagine it will be adapted by newer players coming in, since its what they are being exposed to.

Guess this is what illfonic wants if nothing is being addressed, yet are fully aware of it.

God damn I only ran into that a few times.

I did it in this one match but that’s cause all the ft but 1 guy left.
I didn’t wanna kill him or just stay there like I typically do, so I shot him once with an arrow then went outa bounds and died.

I wonder if he ever got the body.
I mainly did it so he could farm vert of he wanted, since I didnt self destruct.

as for preds doing it, as the game as now, with no balance, I can kinda see and get why some pred players would do this.

A few of us can adapt and kill the ft or have them run away on the chopper, but the average player for the most part, like 90%, cant push through the bullshit that the ft has/is atm.

Ft needs few nerfs, pred needs some buffs.
It would help.

Also a reward system instead of a punishment system I feel would work better.

1 Like

So how could we reward people to stay in the match?

Understanding we aren’t talking about after being rezed and dying. Or ft recovering your pred body. (You should be able to leave the match without any penalty. Can queue up and keep the player flow going in this case)

Larger veritanium incentives? Cosmetic unlocks? Incentive of strength in numbers? FT members that are less than 4 get a multiplyer for staying in the game till the end? A ranking system that rewards players for finishing matches and puts these types of players (rage quitters) together?

Outside of that, I literally have no idea how to keep people from rage quitting and without penalizing them or making them hate the game more rhan they already do lol

Sorta feeling bleak atm with the game despite the time I have put into it and my unrelenting hope : /

So a quick idea is just cosmetic items that require to stay until the end.
Just make them look really good.

Give them a high farm number.

This brings up another point that tied in.

Theres honestly no real reason to stay an entire match win or lose.

SO! I guess the real problem is the matches arent engaging enough.
Sadly I always return to the same points.

This game needs a rework.

1 Like

I just had to quit mid round. Was tearing shit up too. But I had to help unload groceries 😐

1 Like

FT buffs when each one rage quits but if Predator quits…nothing, silly humans can kill silly humans

Git gud…putting away groceries while playing lol

1 Like

Tornado of death (put your controller sticks down to keep yourself spinning in game), to not DC.

RETURN AND RECK Lol

1 Like

That’s right!

1 Like