Predator stamina issues with new patch

Has anyone else noticed that The Predator’s stamina now depletes without even going into a sprint? Even while moving in trees now his stamina depletes. It makes it hard to retreat when in danger. You can barely get away now.

2 Likes

You are correct. I knew something was off. They nerfed the Pred hard on this one.

They have nerfed the stamina with both the Predator and Fireteam, it’s made everything a fuckload harder now.

Playing Fireteam, you can’t even sprint properly now. You’ll be standing on box or rock and then try to sprint and jump to a higher location and it doesn’t work, it lags or doesn’t sprint at all.

They have gone and over thought everything and made it difficult.

How much you wanna bet they fucked with Pred stamina to counter plasma spamming with Stalker in the trees. Like you HAVE to remain completely still now to use it, which leaves you open and vulnerable.

2 Likes

I would think that’s great, but would spell disaster against a PC team. Hell even some PS teams

3 Likes

i was chasing a guy yesterday and couldnt basic attack while chasing them, is this intended? im sure you could always basic attack even when out of stam? (pred)

no? or is it me

1 Like

Haven’t had the chance to test it, and typically I don’t run that far out of stamina. But I wouldn’t doubt it if they took that away too to prevent wristblade spam.

I feel even worse now for the poor players who come out of the tutorial and think “yeah im gonna win”

It might still be slightly effective depending on the range. Since apparently the plasma caster is only good for direct hits now, scrambling around a tree right next to the fireteam could help you get an easier shot and make it slightly more difficult for the fireteam to land shots, especially with the SAWZ (especially with the nerf to the SAWZ’s rate of fire)

I thought stamin was not consumed while in trees?

1 Like

Its not supposed to be, but apparently after this update it is now.

2 Likes

Predators are even more at home in the trees than they are on the ground. It’s a ridiculously bad balance change, both because it nerfs the Predators even harder into the ground, and also makes literally zero logical and/or lore-related sense.

1 Like

I’m gonna go ahead and disagree. Before you kill me, here’s why.

Under pre-patch circumstances, Predators that knew where Fireteam spawned from where they chose to spawn, which would dictate Pred’s spawn; and on their class (Scout, Alpha, etc.), they could fly on over to FT Spawn and start fighting with only a minute or so lost on the timer.

Whatever you think on this game’s balance, regardless of how Fireteam is still powerful, that shouldn’t give the right for Predator to effectively Spawn Camp besides from investing sorely into movement (Long Jump + Gland).

With added Tree Movment, it makes Trees much safer options for Predators that do utilize long ranged attacks, and hopefully it encourages others to use them. There’s so many Preds I see who try to get easy downs with a Battle Axe only to get shredded when FT just moves around from the arc of the attack.

Was Leap nerfed? Yes, and no. It’s much safer to leap now, but you lost some minimal amount of distance. I consider that a great trade off.

Waa it in the Patch notes. That was like 3-4 pages of text, but just as much seems to be missing

Its not in the notes but there’s several reports of it from different people. I’ll get the chance to play tonight so I’ll dick around with Elder Stalker and confirm.

EDIT: yeah, its confirmed. Was watching @YautjaSymbiote’s stream and stamina DOES go down when you’re moving in the trees. Its not a lot but it lowers nonetheless. It does NOT go down when you’re ADS with the caster though. But general movement will cost stamina.

2 Likes

Honestly the stamina changes might affect stalker. If you cant have it at full capacity in the trees, then it might only be good for smart disc builds

It does affect Stalker since you need full stamina, but thankfully from what’s I saw in your stream the bar barely goes down, and when you’re ADS and moving it doesn’t take away from the bar. So you could hold still, charge, shoot, run around, repeat without much issue. In theory. Also I guess you move suuuper buggy fast when ADS in the trees so that helps too.

2 Likes

Agreed. Idk if u watch naskopz, but he’s still churning out the private match wins against well known players with scar stalker and HHPC

1 Like

so far im not enjoying the stamina changes.

cant get away when being melted, the lock on seems to be worse so most hits miss, cant attack because big predator is tired…

ill come back in a year, so far much worse predator experience for me and thats all i play.

the movment seems a bit better not getting stuck as much but also not making leaps i made before, cant climb trees from as far as before and notice this from just one or 2 matches.

overall not good for me imo

2 Likes

yeah i feel that. idk how the hell they could make it worse pre patch i enjoyed pred. since this new change of crap stam i cant tolerate or i wont put up with it

1 Like