Predator X Fortnite Crossover

Alright, I’ll admit, I used to play Fortnite casually (don’t hate me for it). I’ve come back to the game realizing it has Predator in it now. Here’s my take on the story, reward predictions, and gameplay predictions.

Story Predictions

Picture this- Jungle Hunter wins the fight in an alternate dimension (since that’s what the current season of Fortnite deals with ; dimensions). As he’s escaping, he gets pulled into a “Rift”, bringing him into the Fortnite world. The main character of the current Fortnite narrative, Jonesy, is the one who brought him here. JH is willing to help Jonesy’s cause (keeping anyone from escaping the Loop, a portal to other dimensions), but on a few terms. The terms being that JH has a hunting reserve, so that he can hunt to his heart’s desire while aiding Jonesy. This hunting reserve is already in the game, it is known as Stealthy Stronghold and is a complete recreation of the first part of Predator. It has the guerilla camp, blue truck, JH’s ship, and the helicopter Jim Hopper died in. In this area, you can hear the Predator’s clicking, roaring, growling, and animals squealing. There is nobody in the area that can be seen making noises.

ALTERNATE THEORY: Jungle Hunter is pulled into the rift before the battle takes place. This would make sense due to there being a new portal that opened with a jungle and clicking sounds inside. This could mean that his ship was actually taken from JH before the battle and before he died, so he’s coming through the portal seperately. This is a more likely theory and has support from more recent changes in the game.

WEDNESDAY STORY UPDATE

So I found a Tweet that basically explains all of it. It’s a little log from Jonesy talking about how the Predator followed him around portals to other fellas. Take a listen.

Fortnite on Twitter: “:: Incoming Transmission - Reality Log 2053105-28 :: Target Description: Yautja - Trophy Hunter https://t.co/ABWMVo0uUa” / Twitter

You can also find some story about him with THIS picture after you defeat him.

Gameplay Predictions

The boss inhabiting Stealthy Stronghold will be JH (obviously) and his weapons of choice will be his Wristblades and Plasmacaster. Once you kill him, he will drop these weapons, and they will be of the “Exotic” rarity, meaning they’re for an event.

WEDNESDAY UPDATE

His exotic weapon is his cloaking device, which allows you to turn invisible like him for 30 seconds.

Reward Predictions

There have already been multiple revealed rewards, a banner, emoji, and spray. These are earned through challenges like all other secret rewards, and the challenges are:

Visit the mysterious ship (JH’s ship). This rewards you with the Predator banner.

Talk to Beef Boss, Remedy, and Dummy. The NPCs tell you about encounters with JH and how scared they are. This rewards you with the Plasma Caster Reticle emoji.

Collect 3 med-kits. Simple, collect 3 of the green-rarity healing items and you will be rewarded with the Heat Vision Hunter spray.

When looking at the next secret items, they are shown as a loading screen, outfit, wrap (for guns and vehicles), back-bling (back item), built-in emote (emote can only be used by the JH skin), and harvesting tool (used for collecting materials and can be used as a melee weapon). My predictions for what those items will look like are as follows.

Loading screen - JH sitting in a tree, cloaked, while looking down at some generic Fortnite characters.

Outfit - JH (duh) and an unmasked version as a style for the skin.

Wrap - Camo, invisibility ripple effect, IR, or Yautja tech style.

Back Bling - Skull of a random creature, already leaked by Fortnite China.

Built-in emote - An emote that involves JH roaring, possibly taking off / putting on his mask.

Harvesting tool - Wristblades.

WEDNESDAY UPDATE

I got all of the predictions correct. Hooray for me I guess!

What does this mean for Predator as a franchise?

I think it’ll have a 50/50 chance of having a negative effect or positive effect on the franchise. Negative will be a bunch of kids saying “Predator? Like they guy from Fortnite?” and being annoying all the time when playing anything Predator related or watching anything Predator related. Positive will be the franchise gets a new audience attracted to it, in turn attracting players to P:HG which will possibly increase development quality from Illfonic due to the bigger audience and bigger expectations.

My Predator Challenge for All Who Play Fortnite

Once acquiring all Predator items and equipping them, drop at Stealthy Stronghold. Get a fishing rod and some loot, and defeat the Predator boss giving you all the Predator weapons. Fish for a “Thermal Fish” or two in the water of Stealthy Stronghold, and drop all of your non-Predator related items except the fish. Once you see or hear a player, use your Thermal Fish to track them, and hunt them with Predator weapons. Once they are down / dead, use the built-in emote, take the best weapon of theirs, and play the game as you normally would, but with only Predator weapons. Whoever defeats you gets your Predator weapons and the “trophy” (the weapon you took from the defeated player). Both winning the game / defeating the first player and claiming their trophy at Stealthy Stronghold count as completing the challenge. Once done, post the video of you completing the challenge in the comments. Out of all the people who do post a video in the comments, whoever has the most kills throughout the match will be the ultimate winner of the Predator challenge. Have fun, fellas!

P.S, the rest of the Predator items are available to earn in 3 days (Wednesday) if you have the Battle Pass. That’s the day the challenge begins.

3 Likes

Story predictions hit me with interdimensional cringe had to stop there but A for effort OP

4 Likes

This just in, fellas! The new Predator event comes with a new boss and mythic item, quote from Epic Games themselves.

So did the Predator come to Fortnite today as rumored?

1 Like

Yup. His challenges are out in an hour or so, and I TOTALLY CALLED ALL THE REWARDS!

All Jungle Hunter Challenges and FREE Rewards in Fortnite (All predator Challenges) - YouTube

1 Like

A for effort, but I give 0 fucks about fortnite. Sorry man

2 Likes

idk why people come over here if they aren’t gonna care about any of this at all

the title literally has fortnite in it

I mean isn’t this more of an off topic thing anyways? As it doesn’t pertain to this game at all?

1 Like

i mean, it’s about predator in a game by epic games - one of the producers or whatever of this game, so it’s as on-topic as it needs to be

plus there are like 4 other threads on this so it seemed like a hot topic for this section anyways

To each their own but I stand by what ai said. This fortnite crap is just gonna dumb down and make an action horror icon into a PG meme dancing cutout out of predator. I’ll take my exit now since I guess this input isn’t welcome

Dude I tell you what the fucking Predator Boss is scary as hell not only can you not see the Predator due to his almost perfect cloak, but his damage output really strikes fear into the players. I’ll admit I had the same feeling in Hunting Grounds at times but here for some reason my Anxiety Spikes 🤣😓

Because they made Predator a bitch in this game. The FT is scarier than the predator. That’s the problem. Pandering to FT COD fanboys

1 Like

El depredador de fortnite te ve y te ataca, osea que habrá ido a la dimensión de fortnite para cazar ya que hay grupos de cazadores como el mandaloriano u otros, nada de lo que has pensado es correcto

He has… an apartment?

Welp. Now Terminator might be coming…

NEW LEAKED TERMINATOR SKIN SET PORTAL! - YouTube

Oh for goodness sake. What’s next? SAW? Alien? Wrong turn? Like f me give it a break EPIC.

Haha… Yeah. I was like “what next?”.

Saw was also in COD MW… so was Leatherface… if they bring them into Fortnite I’ll die lol

1 Like

That would be taking it a bit far.

Ahah illfonic vous avez la pression maintenant il faut aller sur fortnite pour jouer le jungle Hunter honte à vous de pas le mettre dans le jeu dédier Predator hunting grounds si vous ne le mettez pas accessible dans votre jeu pour tous vous êtes fini méditer bien

Sadly illfonic said they ain’t gonna release him
So don’t say I ruined your dream or whatever they said themselves they weren’t going to release so get mad at them.