Prey ratings

Not saying you’re wrong. In fact you are correct. I think we should be happy about the moderate success and stop dragging it down. Most of the criticisms are fair.

The more well done movies the better , but in my eyes if prey is the new standard like they say? I dont see it as worthwhile

Theres just no good answers. I don’t think they messed up cause of lack of research. It was the best/simplest way to make pieces fit.

The whole comanche narrative and pushing it as historically accurate ? If its false then it should be called false . Which it 100% is .

Its pushed by the cast , the crew and everybody who produced it.

They openly say its about diversity. Thats not letting it be a movie , if anything they are hurting it

It seems like the general population accepted the movie as good. And having the faithful bring it down just seems weird. Do we want the IP to succeed? I get going against illfonic. Theyre performance just kept getting worse. But this is the new light for the IP. Criticism is ok, but picking at every instance of a mistake or nonsense is going a bit far.

It’s a fiction. They wanted this setting, the wanted this tribe. So it doesn’t fit very well. It’s not a documentary. Noone is using this for their Jeopardy memory bank. If people get curious about Comanche they can read a history book.

Alex Trebek: in the movie Prey, the Comanche inhabited the Great northern plains in the early 18th century.
Forum: what is bullshit, Alex.
Alex Trebek: correct, for 400 VT
Forum: yoooo! Alex in the jungle

For how it was received, its not as simple , if you look at a lot of reviews most of them are cookie cutter ones . Ones who scored it high because “racists and sexists” scored it low , its muddy water .

My original point was that anybody who used its “rating” as evidence that a negative opinion is unwarranted, is bullshit .

If the people that said ratings mattered say that they don’t matter if it doesn’t support them , thats more mud in the water . So I will go by how I viewed it.

Do your criticism really hurt the reviews tho? Most agree that the movie is enjoyable. Should it be scored lower because it’s mit historically and scientifically accurate and because the heroine is woke?

1 Like

I find the historical inaccuracies hilarious for different reasons

1 Like

Hypnosis - no you do not. You think the movie is great.

Ya prey sucks because it was historically innacurate

Fucking prey and Joker suck ass

Nah, it’s because any people who praise it for representing Comanches or the Comanche dub are now just praising it because “muh minorities” due to historical inaccuracies. Not to mention they look so generic in the movie I wouldn’t have even known they were Comanches if it was never stated or brought up.

1 Like

Well TBF I like the comanche dub just because it’s cool, not because history or anything

Comanches weren’t even in that area then , so thats how great their warriors were to be pushed south

That I agree on

WTF this man be pissing the left and right off

I love how it’s not historical innacuracy, no no no, it’s an alternative history where the camanche were pushed back south away from their homelands. Big brain time.

Bring it , left or right.

The levels on display to make that movie work are legendary 😄 I haven’t quite seen it since 2020

Have you ever seen mad max fury road?

Granted. I don’t think the winged it tho. I feel like they tried to make the pieces fit a d it’s not ideal. I wouldn’t know one native American tribe from another tho so no matter what they would do i think it wouldn’t help. Are actual Comanche offended at the misrepresentation or are they even afraid to speak out?