Prey's artists explains Ferals new physiology.....kinda

I for one think Ferals face is interesting. Yes it’s a departure from the classic look, but they did say he was a “subspecies” before the movie came out.
I’m interested in knowing more about this new variant, and since we might actually get a “Prey 2” we’ll hopefully learn more.

2 Likes

Of course they did , they probably braced for criticism and who can argue when it is them making up the back story

I appreciate that this Subspecies actually has fleshed out lore for WHY it is the way it is, this is already more effort then they ever put into explaining the Super Predators from 2010, so I can respect that. I still hate the face with all my being. The Classic/Purebloods still and always will look the best.

5 Likes

I said the same thing about the Super Predators. Now I don’t hate looking at berserker as much as I did back then.

People will come around after a while and we’ll and appreciate Feral and the way he looks. Eventually he’ll earn that “your one ugly motherfucker” line.

2 Likes

The species is a lot older than humans so more time for evolution. Even humans look very different. Depending on region.

That’s all stories.

If you write your story to not have plot holes no one can argue there are plot holes.

Nah i’ve hated the Supers for 12 years and going. Always will. I fucking despise those monstrosities, even getting past their awful designs: their characters, or lack there of, is the major breaking point. They exist solely to be edgy '10s era “replacements/upgrades”. The way the Supers were written/pushed is much the same way Micheal Bay pushed his redesigns of the Transformers, only the Supers were somehow even more egregious because they went out of their way to show Mr Black killing the original 87 design.

It’s one thing to make a “slick” edgy redesign. It is another thing all together to have that design literally behead the original on film.

Feral at least is a good character with cool action scenes & cooler gadgets. He has SOMETHING that can make me somewhat look past his face being ugly as sin. He’d still be way better if he was a Classic, but there was effort put in to giving valid & legitimate lore as to why his Subspecies is the way it is.

2 Likes

Didn’t they pretty much say there was different species in predators? I’m not defending that movie either , but I always thought they explained it . Literally in the movie they said the difference between dogs and wolves . In nature animals develop diffently based on their surroundings. Maybe different planets?

I never said I like the supers. I just don’t hate them as much as I did 12 years ago

I don’t think they said that it was a new species, before it released.

I honestly can’t remember, maybe they didn’t want to give anything away about the plot

The only explanation given in Predators itself is a Wolf Vs Dog comparison & Nolan going “After every Hunt they come back changed, different” which was then used as an excuse for 2018’s DNA harvesting plot.

There was never any lore given on the region the Supers came from, the living conditions & environmental factors that would go into their evolution. We never got anything like that, Feral has which is way better at selling a new Subspecies of a race then just “Ehh it’s like Canines ain’t it, who knows maybe they modify themselves offscreen.”

I thought he was referring to their tech armor and strategies not their actual physiology

1 Like

Wasn’t their books on the backstory of predators? I guess I just assumed it was in there

It was left up to interpretation. Unfortunately Shane Black interpreted it as “Autism makes the Ultimate Lifeform.”

2 Likes

Yeah I didn’t think it was their actual physiology, but im sure he said there are different types and they were at war

Makes more sense now
I prefer the fans interpretation as well as my own over that schlock.

1 Like

Fuck that whole DNA harvesting plot . Stupid assholes

1 Like

Technology changes & tactic updates make the most sense. It’s why the Dark Blade Clan is my all time favourite Clan of the species, because they push themselves further & further with technology & constantly upgrade & create new weapons & armor. They’re constantly making breakthroughs & basically leading the technological evolution for the Yautja.

Meanwhile Di@#ey is most likely trying to retcon Predators bing smart enough to make/repair/understand the tech they’re using.