Private Match Rewards

Thats fine.

Because as the playerbase deteriorates, which it will regardless unless other things change, it will just do so slower, enough people will leave that NONE of us have a game to play anymore.

SO if a few people feel they have to leave because they cant handle not being able to exploit for verit, I think thats a worthy sacrifice for the longevity of the game.

edit

and once the games on track, yall mofos can come back and pretend you were with it from the start.

or alternatively, the game sinks anyways and you just wasted less of your time.

1 Like

Getting rewards in private matches has no significant imact on player population. Lol there’s not going to be no longevity if there’s no content.

1 Like

Im not disagreeing with you. but content takes time.

Tweaking this, is hotfix levels of time, probably not even an hours worth of work and will buy the game More time.

Depending on how many players only private farm, it could mean the difference between the game lasting a few more days or a few more months

You have no argument. You’re simply lazy.

Illfonic should of thought about that before releasing the game in this bare bones condition. Taking away rewards in private matches in not going to buy it time. More like cutting that blue wire on that timer.

I am Lazy,

And yet I seem to be the only one trying to really push this game back on track with actually thought out ideas, instead of half baked ideas, and knee jerk reactions.

And yet I would say Ive still somehow managed to incorporate ideas from all around the playerbase and make them fit together.

If illfonic didnt half ass the game on release, I gurantee you we wouldnt have to talk about this.

Because they would have already dealt with it.

Dude the guy isnt lazy.

At least we agree on that <3

No hard feelings tho renegade, Im always happy to argue with you all day Haha!

1 Like

Yeah man no hard feelings :) We agree and disagree on topics.

1 Like

I want the game to takeoff and thrive just as much as you do.

1 Like

Anyone who is here does. But not everyone agrees on what needs to be done.

Or when they hear what needs to be done, they cant accept it because it destroys something in the game that they may be finding fun.

Thats the difficulty of game design these days. So many voices,

But so many of them are voices without a mind behind them.

Add onto that whatever fuckery publishers pull and thats why every game these days falls on its face before it even takes its first step.

@Renegade, you right the lack of content aint helping anything.

But I like how everyone seems to forget that almost in every game you couldn’t earn things in private matches. It goes waaay back.

That’s changed with a few games recently. But it just makes sense to not get rewards in private matches. But despite that, I think it’s too late for the change to matter.

Aside from a few ppl here and there, I dont think it would really affect anybody if they removed rewards from private matches.

So I dont see why so many ppl are tripping.
But again, Ren, we do need more stuff I agree.
But before even that the main thing we need is bug fixes.

A lot of ppl tend to point out lack of content for a declining player base.

But it doesn’t matter if we had 10 game modes, 30 classes, 100 weapons, 50 maps, IF were overrun by bugs, glitches and stuff like the bad leap indicator we have that doesn’t register obstacles in the way half the time.

Sorry for going off topic, but honestly, it doesn’t matter too much if private has no rewards. We’ll be fine.

1 Like

This.

This is why I have so far only focused on reworking what we Have

There needs to be a law that online games cannot release paid dlc until after the first year of their lifespan. This would give time for the devs to iron out the core games, and get the publishers off their nutsack because the stakes are so much higher without the whales to fund the game though microtransactions and shit.

More like a law to make it that games must be complete. Hard to define complete, but I would say comparing to 90’s or early 2000’s would be the best bet. Before games started throwing out dlcs honestly.

Agreed there.

I think players will quit if you change it. It’s really that simple, I don’t think it will boost the population of public matches to any substantial degree.

You’re so convinced that it’s a design flaw, but it actually one of the better features they included imo, it gives flexibility in the future to have more interesting matches and challenges, that can be learned solo or with a friend.

As for devs screwing themselves by listening to players who don’t know what they’re talking about we agree, I just think people who are arguing for restriction are those players.

Perhaps so. I do still believe it will boost the population of the matches. Its not a question of if it will or not. Its a question of How Much

It is a design flaw, from the perspective of a game dev. You have created a game, that solely thrives on multiplayer, and yet you have made it FAAAAAR more encouraging to just play solo in private matches.

And yet they got the design right when it comes to pred vs fireteam. Pred intentionally does not make a lot of veritanium, because pred is what everyone wants to play. So they gimped pred rewards, and dramatically buffed fireteam rewards.

Its the same here. You can either play pubs, or play private solo. When you are making more solo, then that is what everyone wants to play. So you gimp the solo, and people return to pubs. same logic, different situation.

And finally, no matter what you give casual players, they will lock onto something and get attached. this is why they arent best to listen to, as they dont give the thought out responses. No matter what you give the casuals, they will likely have fun as long as they can play. Thats why all games these days are mostly ass. Because the casuals will buy it anyways, the devs dont bother making good games anymore.

I find the above to be bigoted garbage that contradicts your own position. Casuals obviously need more incentive to play if the population is declining.
Regardless of how much someone plays or wether they’re a casual or a gamer, the content of their post is what matters. I really don’t think balancing a game is as easy as you seem to think, it isn’t just your personal experience that matters, and that experience isn’t more valid than another players.

I happen to think this is a pretty good game, needs more real content but has an excellent base to build from.
We’ll see what the devs do.

I think the way you write about the other members of the form who disagree with you is something you should think about. ‘They’re casuals who don’t know what their talking about‘, ‘they’re mouths with no minds‘, you see what I mean, not very nice or a good way to have conversation. When you say something like that on a forum, you’re saying it to a whole room of people, not just the person you’re speaking with about someone not present. Everyone who disagrees with you is likely to read one of those lines.

A lot of casuals are not playing right now because of abuse of certain mechanics, bugs, exploits, poor performance, etc.

I agree, my posts for the most part have a ton of peoples additions all around. Just because most ideas arent thought out doesnt mean they are bad. But when the majority are like that, you have to pick things out carefully

I didnt say this

I said most responses arent thought out. This means that while good ideas are there, a lot of people push them with no thought given to the effect they will have, or how they will fit into the game.

Its devs blindly listening to them, that is the issue with most games.

I try to respect everyone personally on this forum. However, I am quite tired of the accusations of “you favor pred”, “you favor FT”, “you just want people too have to play like you”

Every single thing I put into my posts, and even a majority of my responses is for the health, and longevity of the game.

I am public enemy #1 regardless of what I say because everything i say is controversial. My patience for it is much thinner, true, and I can be rude at times, also true.