Private Match Rewards

Well they are high value because lets be honest the majority of players are going to do their best to grind them out. Most players want them, so they are a reward that provides incentive to do something in game after hitting level 100. Im not saying I have an issue with people getting these rewards. Im saying that there is an issue with How people are getting them.

It might not effect you in the slightest right now, but as the playerbase dwindles, and less players spend time in pubs over private matches, the population of the game will continue to deteriorate. so while some player buying a shader or listening to a recording doesnt effect you, me, or anyone but them. The way they get that veritanium and those recordings matters. And the way they get them does effect each and every single one of us.

I see your point about the population in game that makes sense

Why should it matter if people want to earn money in private matches. it’s not like you get to spend it on weapons or anything only cosmetics.

Read. I just said it literally.

I agree, even though it is not in my favor as I would not be able to profit from private matches anymore.
Like it or not, ppl are motivated to queue for the veritanium. I believe it would help populate the Quick Game queues. If queuing for Quick Game deteriorates I fear so will the longevity of the game.

1 Like

Thank you. I know its hard to let go of the profit that can be gained easily. But its exactly this:

You nailed it.

1 Like

The population of this game is deteriorating because of the lack of content in this bare bones game, it has nothing to do with private matches. People are leaving because there’s nothing to do. This thread you made is just another excuse to hide the fact that I just stated. Also their reputation has to do with it as well. If you want to get this population thriving I suggest you and others make threads about the lack of content.

All the more reason to try and bring together what little population the game has.

Im not saying that the population issues are solely due to private matches. But what im saying is, of the people who Still play, this is likely a big factor.

I have an entire thread that broke the Character limit (32000) forcing me to cut the fat twice, On reworking the content we have. So im doing my part on fixing what we have and making it more enjoyable.

I could go ham on another post generating a future content guide. And likely will.

However This is something we can quickly fix now, rather than waiting for a rework or new DLC.

I totally disagree @Lazycollinator. Before getting on my I love Hunting Grounds a LOT and we tend to defend what we love Yautja Soap Box, let’s use Friday the 13th: The Game as a prime example.

Unless if you were lucky to have a 2nd Account to Farm with (my Lady and I used to Game together when we lived States apart and she kept it when we moved in together) or a Friend who doesn’t mind repetitive Grinding to Level Up, you had zero opportunities to Level outside of Public Matches. And holy fuck did it take forever to reach Level 150. Everyone wanted Jason’s Weapon Swap Ability (which I believe dropped at 137ish) and extra CP (F13’s variant of Veritanium). Taking the randomness of how Matches went, some People played for nearly a Year and hardly touched Level 80, nor did they have opportunities to earn CP. Fortunately, with an Alternate Account and discovering a gnarly XP Glitch, I hit Level 150 in just under four days. Thankfully Illfonic announced a Double XP Weekend shortly after my discovery.

Remember, not everyone is going to have the time to devote to Grinding. I was lucky with Friday the 13th. And I’m sure Illfonic took the lack of Private Matches in Friday the 13th into account, thusly offering Private Matches in Hunting Grounds.

And what’s wrong with Private Matches?? You can learn the in’s and out’s of Maps and Objectives as a Fireteams, or practice pathing and positioning as a Predator. Taking into account how expensive the cooler Cosmetics are, or how Drop Rates for Field Lockers are low even after the 1.09 Patch, you’ll find yourself burning through Veritanium quickly.

So if I may, why the hell would someone want to take Private Matches away from us?? I suppose People just love to complain. And seriously man, if you don’t like Private Matches, just don’t use them. It’s an Option for those who don’t like to deal with the randomness of others.

1 Like

already a null point as leveling up to access gameplay changing content in this game is extremely easy. And thats just it. Its gameplay changing content. Veritanium, and OWLF recordings do NOT effect gameplay.

Edit: Just to be clear, XP should still be rewarded for playing Private matches.

That is what daily/weeklies are for. However the increased consistency for rewards in pub matches will mean you no longer Have to grind to get veritanium.

Nothing wrong with private matches. They are good fun with friends, and good for testing. But offering rewards for playing them is a divider of the playerbase. Removing the rewards will significantly help population, and by extend lifespan of the game.

As I just said. I dont want to Remove private matches. They should stay. I want to remove the Rewards for them.

1 Like

The issues that you state most certainly have a huge impact. It does not rule out the effect if the existing player base is not motivated to queue for Quick Games. If we all only played private matches new players would have few to play with. It is not the one or the other, it is a combination of several factors, and the topic is one of them. The placement of the rewards have an impact , it cannot be ruled out.

1 Like

Thank You!

Im glad to hear that Im speaking english still, considering the levels of misunderstanding I am getting here lol.

1 Like

Huh. Well said @Lazycollinator. I still don’t agree though.

1 Like

The unfortunate thing is that we shouldnt even be having this conversation. this is one of those game development choices that illfonic should have known better about. Literally every other multiplayer game does this for good reason.

Yet here we are having to tell illfonic how to make these low level design choices, and it really speaks to the design of the game overall, and how many bad choices were made.

1 Like

Yall just keep being delusional about the real reason this game is dying. There’s no misunderstanding. Your trying to ruin the game for those who wants to chill, play the game and earn rewards and not rush. It’s threads like this that tries to ruin the game for others.

2 Likes

There is no single reason. There is a ton of reasons.

• Content we have is broken, unbalanced, and unfun.

• First DLC was an audio log/character copout.

• Servers are still unstable

• game is unoptimized.

• Long Q times

• Broken lobbies

Etc.

We cant fix everything with the press of the button. But judging from the responses of this post, I would say Most players that arent the lowest level of casual likely abuse the private matches for farming.

This means that (and of course im only guessing on numbers here) 30% or worse of the still active dying playerbase, is off jerking it in private matches.

Oh and its worse than that, since its guranteed that its the majority of the good players pulling that shit, it means that the pubs are filled with absolute bot players. So even if you manage to find a match, its gonna be over in 5 minutes 90% of the time.

How do we solve this?

We get the good players the fuck out of the private match jerk off sessions and back into the active playerbase.

Problem solved, Time until game death increased, time to fix this shit increased.

All they have to do is remove private rewards, and make rewards in pubs stay after death.

Guess what that will do?

• More good players = more fun matches

• Keeping verit = players encouraged to explore map and grab up vert. Meaning pred can play slower

• Matches longer

• que times shorter

• players happier.

See where im going with this?

and all if they change what in code likely amounts to a few if/then statements. (Oversimplification but basically).

How about you focus on the top problems of this game instead of the ones you claim is a problem that has no significant imact whatsoever.

1 Like

30%? You exaggerated on that one. More like 10% or less.

From your perspective…
I could say that from my perspective you are guilty of the exact same if you disagree with me.
Time will tell and we just have to agree to disagree like the mature adults we are.
Thank you for the discussion.

We are about to see on that one.