PS 5 stick drift

Get a xim adapter and use whatever controllers you want, including K&M. You can adjust deadzones on it and keep using “defective” controllers.

Or check with Sony if your controller is still under warranty or if there was a recall due to manufacturing defects

2 Likes

The deadzone, thats the term. Its probably likely that if you have it everyone else who plays the game has it. Unless you’re using a keyboard /mouse.

Back in the day controllers had their own dead zone hard coded. So it didn’t matter much.

With time the sensitivity has increased so much that the deadzone has become so small that when sticks become “worn” they may start drifting (which means the stick isn’t properly centered when left untouched).

Some game developers have coded internal deadzones adjustments on their games as a way to fix this (and further taylor your controller response to your preference). But not all of them. Some have a fixed deadzone set and others have no deadzone at all (possibly PHG’s case)

1 Like

Very small deadzones in this game. I have terrible stick drift on my PS4 controller right now, especially in this game. But if I play World of Warships or Destiny, it’s completely gone.

Glad I’m not the only one. Sorry that’s happening. Maybe I’ll just get a new controller 🤷‍♂️

How old is the controller? Is the drift just noticeable on this game or on others too?

It’s 7 months old. On this game it’s unplayable. I’m constantly fighting it. I BARELY see it anywhere else

That’s rough. Definitely seems to be a problem with the game itself and not your controller. I’d say save your money and well if you’re insistent on keeping playing HG I dunno what to recommend because buying a new controller just for this game when that might also see the same problem out the box is a waste of cash.

I am noticing it slightly in other games, but very slightly.

Do you generally play a lot of FPS or Fighting games? Those tend to wear down the sticks a lot more than most games.

Yeah I play this and warzone mostly

Ahh, yeah that would explain why its starting to come in. Shame its happening in under a year though. Best I can really tell ya is if you know anyone who is good at quick repairs try and get them to take a look at it before going to buy a new pad.

Nothing is wrong with your controller. It’s the game. The controls got messed up on the console version when playing on PS5 after the latest PHG update. I’ve tried three different controllers. Two PS5 controllers and one PS4, and all of them drift randomly at times in the game, while working perfectly fine in other games with no drifting whatsoever.

I also made a thread about this:

I actually think it was my controller. It was getting worse in other games

Nah he’s right, I tested this last night. MASSIVE stick drift whilst playing as FT on PS4 Pro. None at all whilst Predator. Even reset my settings just in case and yep, still happened. Tested on other games, nothing there either. So yeah its the game.

1 Like

Well, shit. 🤷‍♂️

1 Like

I had the same problem on a PS4 controller.
It’s a simple and cheap fix. Just open the controller, clean the contacts with compressed air and isopropanol.

Thanks for the tip. But It’s nothing wrong with the controllers. It’s the game.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be so sure. I thought it was the game too, because in any other game had that issue. So i searched online and i’ve read that it is a common problem on ps controller analog sticks.
Thing is, after i cleaned it, i necer had that issue again.

Nice that yours got fixed. But why are all the three controllers I’ve tried several times on different games, function perfectly without any type of drifting, but just on PHG? I’ve tried reseting the controls and deleted my game save, but the issue is still there. The analog functions in PHG seems to have gotten broken after latest update.

1 Like