PS4 Players Disabling Crossplay

Well yes, obviously PC players aren’t inherently ‘better’ - they just have a superior input/control device which enables them to aim/move more accurately, I’m glad you are acknowledging that and aren’t trying to promote some ‘PC master-race’ BS…

-FACEPALM-

Translation: “I don’t do so well against other PC players who have the same control advantages as me - I need to play PS4 players who have the disadvantages of the thumbstick controls, as this makes me feel like I’m a superior god-like player!”

I know there are plenty of great players on both platforms who are aware that your innate skill level is not dictated by your platform, but I’m afraid it’s guys like this that make me keep my crossplay option firmly on the ‘OFF’ mode.

This. I have games where I wipe out sweaty pre-made teams who are hunting me, then the next day I’ll make a stupid mistake (or the controls will glitch!) and get my ass kicked. On the latter occasions, I’m usually more annoyed with myself or the game-breaking glitches. You can’t expect to win every match, and that wouldn’t make for a challenging game if you did.

1 Like

Dude, its obvious the hardware helping the PC players, that one is obvious BUT on PC you’re going to find far more skilled players then on consoles. People who invest that much money into a gaming PC usually are a bit more dedicated then casuals that buy a console to play some games from time to time.

1 Like

PS4 players should turn off cross play, unless playing with friends.

I’m sorry if you disagree but go fuck yourselves. Why shouldn’t we encourage other PS4 players to play the only balanced version of the game?

3 Likes

I am on PC, playing FT only. PS players that end up with me in the team are very happy at the end of the game(obviously, not every single one). But sure, you disable it if you wish, its your game and your entertainment. I don’t run pc kill squads, I only do randoms, I don’t play predator farming the FT’s just as well. Just saying.

Man I did a post to suggest Illfonic to improve crossplay off match making, I letteraly play more cross play off games, the problem is that I can’t do it for Predator. So no, it’s completely the opposite of what you said…

You are right. I play PC in 4k with settings on epic. Here is my suggestion to fix this-

1 Like

Wow, thank you for the shoutout! It was fun playing with you. Sorry if Im a bit toxic but its a gameplay strategy in order to get you mad in game and not focus on your strategy. That being said, we did let you try to kill us when I let you live :P AND you DID get one of us (when he decided to go off on his own cause we were bored lol). ANyways, great playing with you!

1 Like

Afternoon all!

Big thanks to all those constructive responses. A little boo to the others.

As per the updated original post; I did go and apologise to WreckedDiehard - you can see evidence of that in a video as he was streaming when I did so.

Additionally; big thanks to XViper for responding too. I hope the apology was relayed, as per my request on stream.

To follow this up, however; the blatant contrast difference in the predator cloak on pc and PS4 is the root cause of frustration here. Anyone suggesting otherwise is not fooling anyone.

I would have no problem playing with that experience on PS4, if that were what I had been introduced to. But it’s just fact; the cloak behaves drastically different. Watching the video stream; my jaw was on the floor of how obvious my movements were.

Now; if this is the expected experience from the developers; it needs to be consistent. But I’m not sure this is the case. The cloak does not behave like that in the movies. I genuinely feel I would have been better off jumping around with it disabled.

Regarding my disabling of cross play to “stomp” PS4 easy fireteams. That’s just silly. I have no interest in playing the game that way. And playing [city]hunter / scout with combi (throws only) and disk does not enable that anyway. In the video presented; I was a scout. You don’t get squisher than that.

I also run perks that suit. Trapper. Down wind. And large pouch, sometimes with long jump.

As noted; I don’t care if I lose. I want a fun game. Stalking and taunting. Trapping and poking.

For anyone that suggests I play with a different style; not sure what I could have done different as a scout against these guys. The main reason I was running around with thermal vision was to spot pigs, whilst being relentlessly chased lol. I would be quite confident in suggesting they rarely lose as a fireteam. And that’s okay. And I do not pretend to be a “professional” predator.

And, most importantly; I did get one kill, and quick trophy.

Again; I left the original post to ensure I’m honest and transparent. And thanks to those that posted appropriately.

2 Likes

I play with these guys almost everyday. TBH, they are among the best players I play with. They are all exceptionally good and we do, in fact, rarely lose a match. Not trying to be cocky or anything. We do face some preds that are “unkillable” for us from time to time. You did good.

Suggestions are just that. You try it and see if it works for you. Or just ignore it. Do keep in mind, as I tell everyone who plays “main pred”… playing FT will just make you better as a Pred. Specially in coordinated teams. You will understand how we operate, and how we play. You need that in order to understand how to disrupt it.

1 Like

This is extremely true.

You did, and that was me. I deserved that death, and you ambushed me well. I was being very careless.

1 Like

i dont understand the issue here from what im reading sounds like he has a problem with PS4 players that like to play with other PS4 players.

i dont see anything wrong with that whats the problem?

Not a problem at all if that’s what he wants. He just got toxic and accused PC players of cheating. He later apologized for it, so no harm done. Everyone here is just pointing out what he should have done differently in the match and giving him advice to be a better player.

1 Like

Correction; lowering graphics settings. I never said they were cheating. In fact; I wasn’t going to say anything at all. But I like to screenshot lobbies for future reference.

Clock is the same with all graphic settings, trees and leaves are different, but if you are standing still no one can see you. The only way to catch you is hearing your sound and shoot randomly in your direction in order to mark you if hit. Plus 90% of pc players don’t use low graphic settings , if not for view distance that make impossible to play with 60 fps unless you have a 2070/80 that cost 1000€.

The first and hardest lesson. Cloak is a shimmering grey blobs at a distance. That and the skill ceiling between PC and PS4 is nuts due to the lack of aim tuning/settings for ps4. This is the only crossplay game ive seen console be consistently terrible at and its the awful shooter controls & motion blur.

PC DEATH SQUAAAAAAAAAD

1 Like

PC DEATH SQUAAAAAADDDDD!!!

1 Like

Lead by Danny Glover? :D

1 Like

ahhh hahahahahahahaha