Questions, suggestions

Questions:

1. Why there are no skinned bodies on newer maps (airstrip, headquarters etc.)?
  2. Why, after over a year since release, there is no speargun in this game (in general more fancy ranged Predator weapons)?
  3. Why fireteam can adapt to fight Predators (gear and weapons based on their technology) but the best hunters in space are still being fooled with mud making vision useless and water disabling cloak?

Suggestions:

1. Predator should have more cutscenes, for example: a) when fireteam is killed but Predator didn’t claimed anyone, there should be a cutscene with skinned bodies with Predator standing above them “clicking” or using mimicry, b) “opening cutscene” where spaceship decloaks and Predator shows up…
  2. Add more mimicry lines: “It’s a trap”, “Shit happens”, “Anytime”…
  3. Change JH87 healing roar to be accurate with the movie.
  4. Add more ranged weapons and gear for the Predator: speargun (iconic, it’s a must), energy flechette, plasma mines…
  5. Remove roar from audio decoys.
  6. Remove perks and specializations that affect damage boost or damage reduction for both sides, add perks that affect gameplay, for example: water doesn’t affect Predator (amphibious variation for Predator), faster boar eating animation (could be added to Medic perk), indestructible Predator mask/gear (specialization, mask automatically falls of when Predator downed)…
  7. Rework/get rid off broken mechanics: spotting, parrying.
  8. Add perks/specializations for Predator that can counter fireteam’s new gear: anticloak grenades, scanner…
  9. Since fireteam can destroy Predator equipment for good, add a feature that Predator plasma based weapons can disable fireteam weapons for a few seconds
  10. Reinforcement is a punishment for Predators, make successful reinforcement refresh Predator equipment/mask health and health.
5 Likes

Because the devs only know how to make melee weapons for some reason

Don’t really think that’s nessacary. They cover weaknesses.

Only reason why they’re bad right now is because they exasperate an already broken balance and because of the lack of any mechanically different build.

1 Like

Don’t know how to quote here, so I’m gonna try:

Totally agreed on:

Specially the mask and health after the reinforcement thing. Or at least give him one extra healing kit or make the boars spawn in a more constant/convenient way. There are times I get FTs that I can’t get near to because they push back very good, and I can’t find ONE single boar… and some others, completely the opposite… Fireteams that hardly push back and lots of boars around us… Dafuq??

You are 100% correct on all this but people are going to tell you you’re wrong. Without even looking at your responses here I can already guarantee people will say no to this even tho you are very very correct.

1 Like

If you remove the damage perks you’ll actually see unique builds and perhaps playstyles. In any game ever where damage modifying perks exist, they are the meta and get used by everyone everytime. Makes the game kinda stale. That’s why Call Of Duty doesn’t have juggernaut anymore.

I want this mimicry line

There’s no such thing.

Give me a unique build that changes the game

Not inherent.

I’d use a perk that auto wins a match over a 1% damage boost.

Obviously that’s extreme but it proves that’s not inherently true.

Ok that’s a massive hyperbole lol that’s not how that works. You’ll always use damage perks over other perks. Unless your game has a “free win perk” lol. But I know id like to run the perks that make you mount the trees faster and move in them quicker. But that’s 2 perks of the 3 and you can’t afford to waste all that in this game.

Take an extreme

Then slowly bring the extremes down

If a perk allows for a unique playstyle the trump’s straight up whatever we have, it’ll be better than a damage perk.

No it won’t. Damage means you win easier. And if you don’t have as much damage as the other team you lose. You are arguing against very well known game logic. Lots of games have removed damage perks because it’s well known it creates lackluster class systems

Okay let’s take that logic

In Siege Ash is a op based entirely on DPS

Ya she’s popular

But this whole idea must mean she’s more than just popular, she’s the best in the history of siege right?

No that goes to Lion who had a worst gun and worst speed. His ability was just that strong that he was stronger than Ash,th best DPS op.

The problem with

Is that it ignores defensive capabilities, as well as how tactical advantages affect DPS and defense

That’s entirely an awful example. 1 lions gun was not the worst. 2 his ability broke the game (your free win condition) and 3 siege is an insta kill game. So skill beats weapon power cause every single character can one shot you. Not a good example at all hahah also lion is very very sub par since they nerfed his ability

Also dude ash literally is top 3 and has been since launch hahah so this is just like, triple wrong

Ignoring the original context of being worst than Ash’s gun

Exactly. His tactical advantage outperformed damage.

Then why is Ash one of the most popular characters despite her kit being entirely DPS based

You are still proving me right hahah ash is top tier because of her damage. But none the less siege is not a great example cause of the headshots. Also his ability was not tactical it was broken

Also there aren’t builds in siege. This example is entirely irrelevant. Like. Juggernaut in cod got removed. Other games since tend to not have these type of perks, because they just become a necessity.

1. Trying to keep maps optimized for base ps4? Just got bored of using them? idk

2. Illfonic is terrified of making anything on par with caster or bow. See: Wrist Launcher.

3. Preds are dumb. So dumb infact that OWLF isnt even impressed with Dutch securing bodies and casters anymore. This is further reiterated in the new tapes where they actually have nanomachine technology and ironman suits but no idea how to use it. They’re just going to keep chucking sticks & donating more bodies and technology until we perfect it and go drop a nuke on their home planet with a reverse engineered ship and take the rest of their stuff.

Thats why I just play berserk. I have been able to shred every fireteam I have came across recently. Then again my build rewards very aggressive play. Savage berserk with alpha sickle and fearless with impatient. Gives you a 4 hit kill on any fireteam and you heal through so much on claims.

1. Potential oversight or they just didn’t use them.

2. Answer is that Illfonic was more focused on the two Viking with the extra Viking (Valkyrie) also having a redundant weapon. It’s a bad call all around and we’ve all discussed a proper rifle and the P2 spear gun on here and they just wont do it. The shuriken is coming but it’s a variant for the disk. I genuinely have no idea why they keep implementing melee weapons since only a few see any real usage. Yeah they did the wrist launcher but they haven’t done a proper weapon since launch.

3. The devs still have yet to implement alternate vision modes. It’s all based on the original film and despite how much they’ve sucked off P2 they wont even use vision modes from that film.

Thing is with vocal mimicry is that it doesn’t have much in a way of utility outside taunts. Predators in this game are usually very direct and so throwing people off doesn’t come up as much as pinning them down. It’s a cool idea but also undercut by the lines playing specific lines and not based on the lineup in the actual party. Essentially if the FT is all male, a woman is a dead giveaway.

Not sure why they don’t use his actual healing noise. Y’know, the sound Dutch actually heard in 87. Weird. Actually all the healing noises are off. None of the Predators use the actual sound but City Hunter’s roar isn’t his actual roar but his cry of pain just pitched down.

First one of these threads I mostly agree with.

1 Like