Quick claims are too quick

Quick claims are too quick. There is simply not enough time to protect your teammates from full death, especially against berserker predators. In my video, I’m running hunter with height advantage and impenetrable.

1 Like

…that’s why it’s called a ‘quick claim’ 🤦🏼

22 Likes

Yes it’s a “quick” claim not an “instant” claim.

3 Likes

@Fenris
That was a childish and nonsensical comment. As if calling it a “quick claim” means is can’t be too quick. Any amount of time less than a long claim is a “quick claim.” Even if it took 5 seconds, it wold still be quicker.

3 Likes

The quick claim @1:20 nearly cost you your entire health bar and that’s due to the FT not shooting quicker, had they seen you a second prior you’d have been 2nd winded.

Edit:
Not sure if this video is satirical or not if it is well then just ignore this.

4 Likes

Fenris stop it. You spit out the sky this instant! Go on! Spit it out!

Good boy.

Sorry I could not resist. I enjoy Norse mythology.

Skäl!

4 Likes

Sometimes yes. That particular claim was slow because the railing, and that resulted in me being shot by multiple FT members even before the animation started.

I think, if you try to quick claim in front of a single fireteam member, you should lose almost all your health. Illfonic should add at least one more second to the time to “quick claim.”

Maybe you should watch the whole video if you think it’s satire.

1 Like

you do realize that was the intention?

1 Like

You can still knife the predator like 3 times and sometimes even give him a fatal blow to second wind… so no this is fine?

Talking about literal zerker pred… that has load of HP… you can still knife him to second wind if he goes for quick claim lmao…

In case you are saying that the fireteam member decided to lack behind or go his seperate way… and he gets downed and then claimed by predator… then thats on you guys not sticking as a team?

2 Likes

You’re not supposed to “protect your teammate from death” because if they are being quick claimed they were already down. Predator decides to lock itself in an animation to remove a downed person which is a high risk play for some extra xp compared to just shooting the downed dude or farming downs off the dead person.

Quick claim just gets you second winded for some bonus xp. Long claim is already useless.

6 Likes

I agree with you on this lol…

Long claims are usually useless in most scenarios except if you decide to go for a guy thats either alone or one guy left…

What exactly was the intention? To easily kill FT members? What’s the point of including downed health and revives if it’s going to be so easy. Another thoughtless comment. Please explain.

Why is it every time you make a thread it’s always bitching and whining??? Please for the love of God just play the game and enjoy it. There I said it…

6 Likes

Its not really easy what are you on about mate? i literally when i down someone with either bow or plasma i have to spam either full one at him and one or two more before i kill him… even then they can just literally speedrun most objectives on “Derailed” or other maps… And if you try to literally just like go down for a quick claim or even finish him off from distance your HP gets melted off anyways xd

And this is not me braging about how i can just easily kill a fireteam member if i down him and then finish him off… this is literally the only thing you can do in this game, cause you are fairly limited lmfao… the best thing would be if they add more content for predator… for example if you step on a net it grabs your leg and you are now hanging from the branches

1 Like

That’s a good point actually. Nobody tried knifing. Maybe that would be the best way to punish a claim.

what do you mean no one tried knifing? XD

Everytime i drop in to actually quick claim a person among the living fireteam members… there is always one guy going for the kill with a knife out and others are either shooting you down to extra deal damage if he cant finish you off…

My god these threads…
Predator would be made out of cotton wool if some of you had your way

11 Likes

Yeah…and it isn’t ‘instant’… 🤦🏼🤦🏼🤦🏼🤦🏼🤦🏼

When people use common sense in their reasoning before they open their mouths I’ll stop giving simple answers. It is a quick claim so it is supposed to be just that…’quick’ but even in a quick claim as has already been pointed out the ft can do quite a bit of damage when the pred is locked the animation so in this way it’s risk for preds to do it.

4 Likes