“Rage” Mechanic when Predator loses his mask. :[

There needs to be a risk vs. reward mechanic for shooting off Preds mask.

If Pred loses his mask, he should gain a passive damage bonus - either melee, ranged, or both. Like in F13, if you spent the early match bullying Jason with baseball bats the tables would eventually be turned.

All in favor, heart this muhfuggin’ post.

All against SUCK MY DI- just kidding comment below.

27 Likes

Indeed. Agreed. Proceed…

3 Likes

Stay in heat vision but red IR (like predator 1).
-20 percent melee buff.
-Limited projectile usage.
-Able to still attack when second wind

Also able to remove mask on his own when down to the last man standing

8 Likes

All for it. Probably melee buff would make most sense

6 Likes

Maybe a boost to energy reserves since they arent going to the helmet anymore?

8 Likes

Look dude, common sense has no place here. You can’t post that. 😉

6 Likes

Do it! Do it nooowww!

2 Likes

Cool idea! It should be class specific!!

3 Likes

Not a fan, you’re supposed to not lose your mask.

The slight increase to energy reserves, is fine but the other things aren’t worth the time or energy.

2 Likes

how about we make the perk that ads health to your mask simply make your mask invincible. This way, if you are going up against those pesky Russian snipers, that biomask stays on your face at all times

1 Like

There’s one teeny tiny downside to this idea, no more bomb defusals…I take it back I’m all for this LEMME GO BOOM

Well, that sounds like a good analogue to the Last man Standing FT buff.

And at the very least, I’d like the IR vision without the mask, as I do like my lore.

2 Likes

Cool with this too, but can we get a bit more variety of blue, everything looks the same temp.

2 Likes

NIIIICEEEEEEE

@Slasher_Clone I agree - but there is no counter or remedy for a Pred that has lost his mask. There is no risk for the FT to make that a goal.

If FT wants to do so to make the pursuit harder, fine. But Pred should be able to remedy or punish this.

My tribe has self-revive syretes, ammo boxes, static/permanent medkits, can be picked up when downed, etc.

The Predator tribe has only something to lose, and it is a crippling loss at that.

2 Likes

The mechanics of this losing a mask is current cheap realism. It just simply needed to be there because otherwise we get no visual of the predators face at any other time.

The day when something replaces it and is stellar to see and difficult and equally challenging to do, then i think this simple pop off is rewarding enough considering that it is a part of our Daily Challenges sometimes.

The rage thing is a cool idea, imho, but i’m not sure if higher damage will be fair.
Maybe enhancing reload, melee or plasma shot speed could be an alternative with a sizzle thats similar to second wind.

Its only because its so rare of a moment something interesting has to happen. Even if its a cinematic at the end. Which i think from Preds perspective, he doesnt really see anything!

@aaronBLUEeyes had suggested in another thread an unmasking emote which is fairly similar to this post its a good read too!

3 Likes

That’s why I take exception to it - the Predator only has something to lose. There is, currently, nothing to replace it.

For a lesser Pred, this is a death sentence.

The FT should benefit from Pred not having a mask, but Predator should receive a commensurate buff to help even the odds, which are now undeniably stacked against him.

I’d say, nothing major, just a passive 10% damage to denote that Pred is pissed that someone broke his retainer.

3 Likes

The thing is dmg is such a subjective thing, everyone goes down pretty much after a few hits anyway if they don’t counter.
Players have their counter measures when it comes to melee or bow so its not like all of a sudden Predator takes the super mario magic mushroom and you have to get the fuck away!
I think thats how most ppl play most of the time.

Its almost unnoticable to increase damage unless you increase it so much that he just stampedes through without looking, or carelessly shoots an arrow and magically you go down a foot away from the shot arrow.

So if that type of magic happens, ppl will complain about that for sure.lol!

2 Likes

Perfect for a bad blood class

Blood rage - gains dmg res and buff to melee attacks when mask is knocked off for a duration maybe twice as long as standard second wind

It would be cool if it also unlocked dual wristblades and the ability to block by pressing L2+R2

1 Like

No risk but the Predator itself. Look the Predator is the solo roll and gets a mask in the first place, which FT doesn’t. It’s the removal of an advantage not the loss of something that needs to be replicated by a loss to the FT.

I don’t like the rage idea because it defeats the purpose of LMS, at least as I understand LMS. The human needs a buff to survive the Predator solo (not that I get any advantage playing the class I do). The Pred doesn’t need a buff the same way Jason did. The Predator is vastly superior to a single FT player, stat wise. The only thing FT has is numbers… that might change on Tuesday.

Slightly less energy consumption, sure. Doesn’t hurt the balance as it stands.

Thermal all the time on a toggle so players can choose to use it or not, sure. Good Qol change.

Damage boost, either too small to matter ie. it will take the same number of hits to down or To high and it lowers the number of hits to down, making Scouts and Recons more of a liability.

I just don’t think rewarding a player for giving up their mask is the right direction to move in. It’s only my opinion though and with a persuasive argument I’d change my mind.

PS. Sorry my first post sounded dismissive. I was at work and those shorter messages can have the wrong tone.

2 Likes