Ranked?

Hey just a thought… how would yall feel about a ranked mode? I feel like it would be beneficial to the game but I feel like Illfonic will mess it up, Its just an idea.

10 Likes

Meh. S’all I got to say about a ranked playlist in this game. See, when you take an arguably imbalanced game and throw it in the pot with a ranked playlist, you get egos. Massive egos. What happens when you get egos? Gatekeeping. What happens with gatekeeping? Players are driven away. And thus, the game loses even more players.

1 Like

you got a point

1 Like

Illfonic: -Hey, UI designer ! They want to play ranked mode. Rename public matches into Ranked mode!

1 Like

Meh

I’ve been defending this since i’ve eached lvl 150.
On Public Matches, 1 out of 10 are 3min matches against newb Preds.
Along with this, should be added an all-time stats table. Witk K/D numbers, K/D ratio, damage taken/received, bombs defused, successful extractions, XP earned, trophies claimed, stealth kills, etc…

I want hardcore mode as option in public match with minimum ui and increased dmg for both sides. No minimap for ft and no allies icons and their hp on their screen.

We been begging for this since the beginning 😔

Only ranked mode I can think of is playing in the same room, same hardware, with referee and audience.

3 Likes

I’m kinda on the fence with this. I’m 150, decent Pred and a french fry FT (not quite potato), and I’d hate to be stuck with people the same level as me because my skill level wouldn’t reflect my in-game. I’d probably be happy playing FT with some people who actually know how to play, but as a Pred…oof.

I’d rather have a stat counter, as someone else mentioned. I honestly want to know my W/L stats for both sides since I’ve been playing.

If Turtle rock studios could add a ranked mode to Evolve then I don’t see why Illfonic wouldn’t be able to add a ranked mode to this game.

Ranked sucks in asymmetrical games because they’re balanced around only half the team being competent.

Wait, Evolve had ranked? You’re kidding… I never got to see it even though I played on ps4 til the very end

1 Like

Yeah rank was the mode where they only let you get to stage 2

Yeah, they had a ranked mode. There’s videos on Youtube of people playing it.

cries in the corner

I think there should be some way to match up against more seasoned players.

Killing potatoes, on either side, is not very fun.

Maybe not based on previous data, but going forward a skill based system that can keep the sweats together and casual players together.

Take DBDs player system. More you play and better you are, higher ranks.

You a casual, you stay in the casual pool.

It amazes me how to this day people go into illfonic’s stream to ask stupid questions like “why are pred queues so high?”

Is fucking basic math. You have 5 players on each match. 80% of them are FT 20% of them is Pred. If more than 20% of active players queue up for pred, pred queue will go up. As simple as that.

Now imagine, with the player base so small as it is now, with a lot of them turning crossplay off and most of them wanting to play pred… just imagine how queue times will be unplayable if you introduce a ranked mode that will further divide players.