Real talk: why are so many gamers Ignorant? (Discussion)

Lol yeah I am not that into league. Just know enough to say that its highly unbalanced, even now. Though while I stand firm that its not a good example in the slightest of “how to balance a game”. its definitely probably as good as it gets for a game that is still pumping out new champs every few months. Balance is pretty much out the window to some extent with league. and thats okay. i dont care that much.

Im talking more so about shooter games. Thats where my focus is at. and while im not the balance guru.

I know enough to say that if I have to shoot a player normal droid 5 times to kill him, and I have to shoot a player special droid 15 times to kill him, then that is a piss poor representation of balance.

I get that the special droids are “special”

But special shouldnt translate to “tankier”. Special comes in the form of the abilities and maybe even higher damage output. But if I catch a player playing a special droid with his pants down, and mag dump his back because he wasnt playing smart, he should die. I shouldnt have to burn multiple clips on one fucking player, especially not when he can turn around while I reload and 3-5 shot me.

Especially doesnt help when every player can be a special droid at the same time, and keep being a special droid the entire match,

pretty much entirely invalidating the normal droids, as the only normal droids on the field are bots.

The main problem is shit gets nerfed that’s good, instead of bad stuff buffed. In any game. Cause ppl fear power, or anything that’s good

1 Like

honestly it’s one balancing philosophy ive never understood aside from number bloat but beyond a certain point i don’t think always buffing is a bad thing

I dont disagree that that happens the majority of the time. But I feel like alot of issues stay untouched from release to death of a game, and that is a huge factor.

Its basically that, the only things that ever do get nerfed are the things that are too good because everyone bitches about it. If not everyone is bitching about it then it not only doesnt get touched, it gets to a point where people actually convince themselves that its “balanced”

And the worst part of that?

Usually its the dumb vocal majority that bitches about things, with absolutely no idea how to articulate or even understand the way they do.

Usually the problem isnt even the problem, everything else is.

usually the devs listen to the loud majority anyways

and the game goes further down the shitter.

its depresssing and exhausting to watch all the time.

Hmm my take on this is that there is no help for us humans unless we magically begin to love everyone as our friends even tho they are strangers, there was once a peace like that or even better to say it that we were on that path until 2016 when it got so worse that everyone distanced them self from the truth and are being faked and inprison them self cause they force them self to follow the stupid dog shit trends lmfao…

Whats so good about the trends i dont even understand… I grew up on playing Alpha and beta minecraft and playing like strategic dungeon games… then my first multiplayer was Urban Terror which is like csgo but at the time it was free lol so i went for urban terror instead… and then i grew up on Team fortress 2 and only playing Man vs Machine Ghost town mode which was so fun cause u worked together to defeat the waves of robots BUT i got bored of it and so i found out about this game Evolveee and damn the game changed my life lol… i kept grinding it and expected games to be made like evolve until it never happened until now we have PHG… but oh well im not so far that impressed honestly lol…

1 Like

Esports is what caused toxic behavior. If there was no professional level gamers would have no reason to be toxic.

2 Likes

I just read more the original post.
You dont like headshots being a 1 hit kill?

Sure that shits annoying in destiny and games where you have a shield, but when you’re dealing with regular humans, it should always be a one hit kill to the head, and 2 or 3, no more than 5 shots to the body to kill someone.

not really. it s the ranked mode. drop a ranked mode (or no mode, just one way to play which players will be treating as if it s ranked) and there you have it.

That’s not true. People will always talk shit no matter what.

Simple shit talk ain’t toxic.
Be in a shitty relationship, that’s toxic.

1 Like

The reason I dont like 1 shot headshots in siege is because A. It always happens through a wall, and B. Imo it takes away from the teamwork that the game is based around because of how quickly your teamates can be removed from the match. It fucks up the whole idea behind the game.

In other games I love 1 shot headshots. But it really makes siege extremely difficult to enjoy.

Because in a game where you can blow open walls and the maps are set up so you can pixel peak doorways, you can get 1 tapped without even remotely knowing from where

I hate that in destiny, but it sounds good for seige. I like when ppl have no idea where shots come from.

Siege is designed to be team based, but most of the time amounts to cheese kills on defense and frustrating pushes on attack.

I dont see the problem at all.
Not for a game like siege.

Like from what you’ve said, all I can think of, is just like, ya well no shit. Defending always forces you to camp.
If you can kill with the enemy having no idea where you are, I’d say you’re doing a good job.

1 Like

Seige has its issues but there is level of balance most of the time, yes there some stronger meshes/teams but thats the issue that comes with “heroes”, the combinations. They’ve done pretty decent ever since they fixed Ash’s hit boxed and addressed Ela and got their background foundation fixed from Operation Health. They took care of Lion and brought weapons into play. Given how complex the game is, its fair to accept certain issues going on. That being said, the RB6 team is at least communicative and pretty consistent - you know there’s an update every week and usually outside COVID-19 lock downs they address on a timely bases.

If you solo or two man queue its the worst most of the time

If you have a 5 or even 4 stack, defense is usually a cake walk and attacking is barely a job.

If you play ranked, its sweaty and try hards use a mod to bypass a KB&M to cheat on PS4 at gold higher ranks so theirs that issue that Ubi can’t fix ever cause Sony.

Ranked will always be the worst, quick play is where I feel it shines.

Thats my seige take.

As for your question - I blame the mentality of “Play it your way”

The case I want to show is the battlefield series. DICE used to make muliplayer pretty heavily based around classes and class restrictions. As it moved forward snipers went from marksman who could help pin and pick off people but provide little help to OBJs to Assault / medic /supporta classes running around with DMRs because they have access to them and heals.

It goes into if you let anyone do anything, of course balance is thrown out. Few games can support the freedom of that mentality and nail the gameplay balance.

In a TDM not much matters in terms of balance around teams because its more of whos the better shot ( take that with a grain of salt, we all know what the early FAMAS did in MW2)

But in a teamwork/OBJ based game, you can’t do this “play how you want to play” BS.

You can’t have this mega broad scope and hope to narrow issues down

1 Like