Real talk: why are so many gamers Ignorant? (Discussion)

Seige was okay until powercreep
It was always counter strike with abilities so that was bound to mess everything up eventually.

Monster Hunter World dropped Altreon and he’s filtering everyone harder than he did in MH Tri the tears are incredible.
Hopefully devs won’t listen to reddit.

I dont understand everything you said under the quote tbh

True that. The play it your way philosophy really does fuck any semblance of balance.

Its not about the camping. I understand that. Its about how difficult it can be to maintain pressure in siege. And it’s become even worse with every map rework because each map is having less and less exterior walls, and forces attackers to play windows and doors which is often in the favor of the defenders. Now if the maps had less dead space where defenders can hide in random rooms doing fuck all but sound whoring, it wouldnt be so bad. But the combination of being forced to play windows, where you are highly likely to get one tapped, along with the fact that you can drone out a room and by the time you get off the drone and breach someones there, is absurd. There are alot of issues with siege, but the 1 shot headshot cements how shit the game is designed. Headshots should for sure be high damage, but they should not be instant kills imo. Because its way too damn easy to get doinked in the face from a lucky bullet or an impossible to fight angle. And when thats how you die, you are fighting the game design more than the player. Thats my opinion at least.

Triple A co-op games are “balanced”, but even then not really because balance is subjective.

I could argue spawnkilling with a banshee wasnt balanced and halo 1’s pistol was one of the strongest guns in the game but you can’t really compare counter strike to seige.
Every hero shooter is going to be unbalanced because a large portion of the strategy of the game is about team composition, and making up for weaknesses within your team comp.

Haha true that.

I dont believe I compared CS to siege. The only thing they share is the competivity, as well as the primary game mode.

Right, Thats what im getting at tho. Siege does the opposite. Thats why I dont like the 1 shot headshots in siege. Is because it defeats the purpose of team comp when you only need to tap someones head once. Dont get me wrong, I dont want it to rubber band the other way and everyone eat 500 bullets to die. But it should be a bit more forgiving, so that the operators can shine in their respective roles a lot more. I dont expect the heroes to be perfectly balanced in any hero game. But I want my hero games to be focused on the heroes. Not how exploitable a pixel peak is that it can shut down tthe enemy team regardless of who you play.

Another benefit to the removal of 1 taps would be that you could keep 1 taps on dmr’s to further encourage their use. Sure pixel peaks would still happen, but if you fuck up it will be a lot harder to spray mindlessly and recover.

It’s signature of a tactical shooter though. Raising the time to kill makes it arcadey. Abilities are nice and all but getting cheap prefires around a corner take priority, however dumb that sounds.
Imo Valorant played it smart and abilities are mostly just area denial. Team comp shouldn’t save you if the other person is landing headshots. Tactical shooters are more focused on the guns than the heroes, abilities just provide an edge so there’s some variation.

1 Like

Headshots should still be important, but a single lucky bullet shouldnt be all you need.I think there should be a two shot headshot Difference. So for example, The DMR’s would be 1 tap still. Everything else would require a second shot to the head to down. (Obviously this is assuming full hp). If you manage a headshot, but dont get a second one for the kill, at the very least the shot you did hit will have taken most of their hp.

True but valorant doesnt need to deal with windows/rapelling/destructible walls/ etc. Valorant is more like CS, Nice and simple.

Siege has enough shit to worry about, It doesnt need a guranteed death on first headshot to compound that.

Edit

Though keep in mind this is nowhere near as well thought out as my rebalance ideas for this game. But I have a feeling that it would change things just enough to make taking risks as attackers a bit more rewarding.

1 Like

In reality the TTK wouldnt change much at all. The only thing that would change, is a lucky headshot through a wall, or barricade, wouldnt be the death of you. Also gives you an extra second to deal with spawn peeks, pixel peeks, and kill holes. Which would make those things (which are not realistic at all, except the spawn peeks), less rewarding enough to be discouraging I think. Without really fucking up the rythm of the game.

in general, the games like cod, siege and soo on…are made for those who want a challange…
yes…is too broken and u get frustraded…

evey game like this has his community, they want some mechanics and soo on to be implemented from their perspective cuz this is how they wanna play it…broken or not is still stupid too see that. (imo)

cs is fine cuz is balanced…but what is the term of “balanced” ?
in general every gamer has his own “balance of the game” in his mind…
reather to be very realistic, very fun, very op about one of the classes and soo on…
but nobody likes to get exactly what the game has to offer.

and let s be honnest…a lot of people that play video games are betwen 9 and 30.
here is why the community get’s ignorant and salty.
the debates betwen those younger’s and the older ones.
is true what u said…but let s say if u wanna change that…how could u? what u will do?
i thought about that…u cant.

Not to mention the fact that these big studios, especially EA bought a lot of great studios who made great content and then proceeded to ruin them.

If you take away one shot headshots that game falls to pieces as run of the mill shooters with heroes, its sets less apart from the likes of CODs and those kinds.

The philosophy behind map designs is showcased in newer maps.

Bomb OBJs (secure area and hostage are not consider main game mode, even thats kinda bull) are all given “buffer rooms and halls” because before, like on the old house, skyscraper, old Kanals, attackers could breach outside walls, plant and hold outside angles with ACOG scopes and defense barely stood any chance because 2 seconds outside as a defender, you get marked but for being outta bounds (rightfully so)

Newer map principles don’t necessarily push windows (those have always been a death trap anyway) but push clearing rooms because you as an attacker have better weapons, ACOGs still have to make it to site, no more thermite an outside wall, smoke flash plant and run back out. The basement bomb OBJ on the ski resort is the key example.

Sound whoring is just a staple to the game as the headshots, in a era of turtle beaches and ESL, this is what it is, can’t be changed. Shootera bring out all the try hards, fighters learn combos and cancels and pixel positions, shooters learn sound, recoils and angles

1 Like

I dont see a problem still man, just cause of the nature of the game.

If we were talking about the characters bring cyborgs or some thing like that, then ya, I could understand headshots not killing in one hit.

Either way I’m not really interested in siege.
I think at one point I wanted to try it out, but I’m not a fan of objective based vs games.

Outside of battlefield and very few others.

Cause I love playing conquest battlefield 4.

Besides, my main issue with balance is how smite has gone to fucking hell. Defense meta bullshit.

1 Like

Good points

True that

Lol what happened in seige to you tho?
Who touched you?

1 Like

Ela Prepatch traumatized alot of Seige players

Either or he remember Vegas 1 & 2 and Patriots (RIP. 😢😢😢😢😢😭😭😭😭😭😭)