Realistic expectations

Okay, what do we think we can REALLY expect from this revival of sorts?
My biggest hope is that they’ll at least try to fix the optimization somewhat so that the game doesn’t run like… well, like what it runs like now.
I’m not expecting new modes, maps or any of that. I just hope that the fix some of the more glaring issues (some of which have been with us since day 1).

5 Likes

More reskinned preds and questionable balance changes with bug fixes that break even more stuff. We’re back baby!

5 Likes

Okay I’m on that boat with you, my main concern I want addressed first is the bugs, glitches, and most importantly the exploits to be fixed. Once we have a clean and playable game without issue, then we can move on to more entertaining things.

I will say that I do hope that Fireteam finally gets hit with the nerf hammer, after all the Predator hasn’t been FEARED in this game as it should so I can only hope FT’s damage takes a hit, I’m curious what they mean by player movement though?

Predator Balace has me on edge, Predator players have been bullied since the game was mostly focused on making FT more playable and easier to take on the Pred. Plus the fact of doing more harm then good, not to mention the weapon updates, I’m curious which will be nerfed or buffed (if they do at all).

However I’m hopeful, not so much for Predator DLC’s but for the fact we are gonna have the game scrubbed clean of its problems….but how fucked would it be if this was a April Fools joke.

3 Likes

well i believe it when i see it im that kind of person i hope they do something ive played since the games release had it on pc first then got it on sale on ps5 because of all the hacks or exploits on console completely put me off all together so i turned off crossplay. id like to see a pyramid map or buffs to pred hes way too weak and nerf to fireteam i know ft is op always has been. ft needs slowing down so they cant just bunny hop everywhere at super speed dodging the plasma caster like its a person on a spring board. for the health and longevity of the game also que times for pred need to change because you que for minutes at a time for in alot of cases the match doesnt last long due to a competent team also traversal is buggy as hell. another thing alot of his “perks” predators need to be base kit built in values at his core if they did that probably would make him more viable thats my opinion. bug fixes are a priority thats for sure and optimisation

1 Like

We’ll I suppose we don’t have much to loose since we had already had considered this a done situation however yes this is a chance to come back and make things are done right I suppose we owe the devs that much plus @OldKingHamlet has been working pretty hard he’s been left to fix this game perhaps that’s exactly what’s happened since every other illfonic game actually runs pretty smoothly & they realized they have a huge Xbox following so even better that we get to see PHG on Xbox I’m sure we can expect some pretty cool new features since this is all for the community they didn’t have to do this

1 Like

They were promising those things for 3+ years and did 1% of 100% of their job.

He is no longer active since 2022. Only Courier is last seen 12 hours ago. All others abandoned it.

1 Like

Expectation

The xbox release will be a failure met with unplayable servers, crossplay issues, bugs and crashes.

The update will address some balancing issues that will not fix the balance problem but rather introduce more balancing issues, making some gear/perks/classes/weapons useless while making others OP

exploits and anti-cheat issues will unlikely be addressed, as illfonic didn’t even acknowledge them.

At this point the game is almost 4 years old with a dying player base and technical issues that have been present since the game was launched. Expect none of these issues to be addressed, ever.

Content release has always been buggy, and that was while SONY was filtering what could come out. Imagine now that illfonic can release content as soon as they need some revenue. Expect DLC to start coming out on a monthly basis, but expect it to be buggy as hell until people finally stop buying it and/or playing the game.

3 Likes

Unless there is a huge visual overhaul, cosmetic or otherwise Ive already checked out. Uninstalled. I’ve had my run of it and if its just another small update, count me out.

Your expectations exceed mine for once

1 Like

I’m fully expecting a new mode, additional maps and weapons. Most importantly, the bugs will he fixed and both sides rebalanced.

I think this is reasonable. It won’t be perfect, but it will be noticably better. They did fine on their other games and while PHG is likely more complex, it will be an improved product.

Check the main thread, OKH was posting on reddit yesterday. He said in more or less words that he’s had to be quiet about this for the last year or so, and he’s been working fairly hard getting ink to paper for all what’s coming. He isn’t on our community team anymore though, he’s working in other departments. But he did have a big part in the current revival.

1 Like

that would require a remaster. Updating URE is not something magical that will make everything look better. Models will need to be remodeled to take advantage of the updated rendering engine, same with textures.

I don’t think visually the game can improve much other than optimization. And is not like the game looks bad, tbh. Is just it runs poorly even on up-to-date powerful hardware. Game runs worse than Cyberpunk with 1/10 of the visual elements. It doesn’t matter how much you set your graphics to be low, framerate is all over the place while your GPU/CPU stays at less than 50% usage. Lowering graphics and resolution helps with the framerate, but there’s definitely a problem if at all low graphics and playing at 720P the framerate still drops to less than 60. And is not like I have potato gaming PC. I have a 10700KF intel core i7 (8C,16T) running at 5GHz and a RTX 4070. My monitor is 1440P @144Hz and I can play pretty much every other modern game at high graphics with over 80FPS , except any game made by illfonic

1 Like

dude you manifesting this statistic like its an actual problem. its not like it stays at 15 fps. its capable of consistent high fps and drops only on the weirdest scenarios or that collisions or explosions which affects it like for half a second. please I have lesser hardware than that and I am feeling the game fps is not the issue.

LMAO

They maybe release a new game mode because something is already coded in the game files, but that’s about it

Expect the first predator DLC to be Tank, since that is also already coded in the game and is just missing some dependencies. I haven’t been able to make it a playable character yet without crashing the game, but it is there, same for the game mode “gauntlet”… whatever that is.

2 Likes

Nice. A new mode, new Pred and some balances for both sides… sounds good to me. But then again, I am easy to please.

I just hope they fix the bugs and make it run smoother on the next generation systems. There is still hope left for this game.

Gauntlet will probably finally be a team pred match. We know they were working on that, abandoned for other projects

consulting with my peer hackers we came to the conclusion that gauntlet may just be this and not a team based deathmatch or something of those sorts

But we may be wrong. According to game files “Lone wolf” is the predator tutorial, but then we have this

|

|so who knows

1 Like

We also saw 16 man lobbies and such too. Makes more sense that “Gauntlet” would be a multi-player type challenge.

Just going off memory too and I’ve ignored this shitshow for quite a while