Remove FT climbing on Derailed large building rooves

I know it’s not quite so much a bug and more of a geometry/balance change. It’s already a crap place for the pred to fight but when the FT can see a huge amount of the map it becomes even more unfair. Retreating? Eating boars? Good chance you’re getting sniped or at least denied because you know you will get sniped.

Just make it so they can’t get onto the very top. Parts around the side of those large buildings that you run up stairs to get to are fine because your view is limited and it’s not quite as high.

2 Likes

Lol will never happen. They would need to take away crouch jumping lol

1 Like

raise the geometry of the roof a tiny bit or put something there in the way. Done

Wont happen. Stop going on the roofs then idk wht to tell you. Ima get on the roof and ima punish the pred for being a god dam sexually tyrannosaurus

2 Likes

As long as the FT are on the roof they can’t win, they are wasting precious time up there, come up with another tactic like you’re suppose to if they play like that.

And btw, Mike Harrigan fought the Predator up on the roof in Predator 2, he just forgot to hit the “Spot” button when he was aiming with his gun at the shimmer. ;)

2 Likes

Imo…

If you are a pred in any open area, you’re screwed.

Theres 1 roof the FT cant get to. Use that one?

It also isnt the easiest thing to do and would severly hinder experienced players gaining vantages points they worked to get. Also they are now exposed on the roof…

Dont stand still and keep on the move!

1 Like

They could block it off actually. They quietly put wood planks infront of one of the major train crawlspaces a patch or so ago.

Thanks mapper, deity of wooden planks.

Yeah you obviously haven’t fought a strong team. Stay on the other one?.. Please read post.

1 Like

I play on one and force preds off roofs all the time.

They adapt.

It isnt the end all to be all…

1 Like

They could add fall damage for humans they would stay away from roofs if they know they are screwed if they fall

1 Like

It’s something for when they have to move because the fall damage is so pathetic right now it’s not an issue for them. But you still have the huge amount of information the FT gets from being up there and also damage they can put out from huge ranges.

They already do have fall damage, hello

It doesnt need to happen fireteam is a sitting duck on the roof and only campers are gonna go up there for an extended period, fuck changing it for the fact that there is only a handful of people who camp it, anyone who isnt shit on the game just keeps going to capitalize on V they dont need that roof in other words there are better things to spend time on. Like bugs where people get logged off that will kill the queue times if not fixed as a priority since it effects a large portion of the community and this is the first post ever complaining about those roofs

It would take a very small amount of time to simply put some object in the way of the jump.

Among the stronger teams/predators it’s well known that no predator wants to fight on derailed because the advantages the FT have with those rooves.

The barrels you have to jump up on before being able to jump on the actual roof should be explosive barrels, if they are destroyed then the Fireteam can’t get to the roof, making it a one-time visit for them.

1 Like

It’s a cheap tactic that the FT use to flush/keep the Predator from using the Rooftops. I just say it’s cheap bc I’m a Pred main and it makes my job difficult. lol

They should keep it. If the FT use it, I don’t have a problem with it. It changes up the gameplay. It forces you to use your brain.

1 Like

There’s no using your brain when they gain such a huge advantage in how much of the map they can see and also deny

It’s not a huge advantage. It’s a useful tactic for them, but they still technically lose based on the end game video.

Playing as Predator requires you to use your brain and try different tactics. I’m sure you’re an intelligent person, it benefits anyone to learn different ways to play. It will make you a strong player and opponent.

2 Likes

I like how you put that, the main reason I like access to the roof isnt a visual advantage and most predators just rain plasma caster then leap in at you, but oddly enough there is veritanium up on those roofs sometimes and since mythic skins cost so much i like to try and find as much as possible, crouch jumping onto it isnt perfect which also gives you a chance to shoot them if they screw up, and if the predator plasma casts and leaps jumping from the roof to ground can be the difference between being downed and getting away making getting off the roof not as simple if you like to survive. Like this guy said you will figure out a way that works against it just have some patience, and the V up there is often the bricks which is the biggest reason I hope they dont cut access

1 Like

It’s not much there should be alot from ontop of a building