Samurai Sunday Challenge

I just don’t see the reasoning behind the nerf except whining and hand holding and it just annoys me. It’s a pvp game and one side has to lose can’t just keep nerfing every little thing because someone can’t handle losing.

I’ll agree that some of the nerfs are unwanted on a personal note, but unfortunately they are inevitable and will be frequent when the majority of the player base are solo players or are new to this format. So they are also the majority of the ones that will effect change. But adaptation and vigilance a great hunter make 😁

Can only adapt so many times before it just gets discouraging that everything you try gets unreasonably nerfed just because people can’t handle losing. The bow nerf it’s not just that I didn’t want it to happen, it’s that it makes no logical sense it’s a headshot for fucks sake it’s gonna do massive fucking damage it’s supposed to.

Exactly, a fucking 4ft alien metal arrow going through my skull should not only fucking hurt, but have other effects such as blurred vision, slow movement…but nah, if my character gets a headshot I’m running around like some comedy skit in a Johnny Depp movie totally unfazed and still melting the Pred while waiting for my syrette of super heroin to refill my health bar.

You can only get away with so much pandering before you alienate people.

1 Like

I agree, really I do, but in a way (and this might just be my more masochistic side showing) it kind of gives me a thrill everytime they try to make the FT stronger; and I still hunt them all down and let them bleed out more often than they get me to second wind most of the time. I could just be lucky but in the end it just makes me get more creative with how I approach them. As well as it forces me to reinvent my builds which is kind of a guilty pleasure for me in its own right. So they nerfed bow headshots, well then land more of them or use downrange mixed with some PC shots first to rattle them or some traps mixed with trapper to keep them in place longer. Keep them guessing and choose your moment to strike instead of revealing your self with needless aggression ultimately it boils down to a game of wits and strategy(minus the weird bugs and glitches that still rear their ugly heads)which makes winning all the more rewarding especially when the FT have more advantages.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DoJqbh-tjJVE&ved=2ahUKEwje2quSosTrAhUIknIEHRi7DM8QwqsBMAB6BAgBEAM&usg=AOvVaw2f3y-KDS_lVqqlmHFwcags

This video is why I actually use the Combistick, Bow, or even the Handheld Plasma Caster Primary and Katana SECONDARY.

Some of you nerds clearly don’t know your Samurai history whatsoever. Katana were overrated sidearms on the battlefield.

When I’m using the disc on the Samurai I change the mask to elder, with prime war paint and olive color. I alternate between an Elder Sword (Ninjato) and a Katana (More Noble Ninja) SECONDARY for my Ninja builds. Samurai were a lot of things. They were very versatile, and they were distinct from Ninja but some were both.

I’ve been owning with Samurai since before 2.0 as well. They’re a fun class. The stamina and move speed over the zerker truly makes a huge difference to me. Adrenal boost was never required for me either. Definitely Fearless, AND Down Range most of the time I used that class because pairing a katana Rush with stuff like arrow, spear, or plasmacaster ambush is Phenomenal.
Try turning your controller sensitivity up to 1.4 or 1.5. Your mileage may vary, but for me increased turn maneuverability is a MUST if you’re going to deal with meleeing the fireteam, because all a douchebag FT has to do is run into your face and spam swing to nullify you. You MUST attack from the sides, and do NOT be afraid to interrupt your own combo to jump off a FT head like they a Mario Goomba if it means not getting parried.
Alternatively you can attack JUST out of reach AFTER they miss time one of THEIR swings. . . But you’re playing with fire. Lag can fuck you in favor of the fireteam. Causing what you thought was a well-timed attack to harmlessly be bounced away while 1-3 other pricks start pelting you.
OR even worse the tracking can fuck up, leaving you hitting the air and eating lead.
Flanking from the side or behind is just optimal.

1 Like

I love this 😁, and I agree the Katana is a weapon best used against 1-2 FTM at most otherwise you run the risk of being a Sponge for pain, also one of my favorite things to do is leap behind a FT and stand still, or crouch and when he’s looking away stab then hop behind again, repeat process(unless your a cocky fool like me and do this in front of the rest of the FT and get melted)but if your not a fool its a really fun tactic 😜 and it can really pay off especially now with the new last man standing state.

2 Likes

If
You can get 1 down (with anything katana or disc) then you can just farm the players who try to pick them up with the disc lol as toxic as it is it works lol I’ve downed entire teams with one throw not to mention looped the inside it builds getting 2-3 downs lol you could say my preds a disc master 😉

2 Likes

It’s not toxic at all. Is it? If it is then so is 4 man knife swarms after blocking a door lol

2 Likes

I’m super jealous that sounds super fun, unfortunately I am complete trash with Disc Piloting I want to be good at it which is why I lose a lot of matches trying 😂 but everytime I let it loose I turn into ling ling and hit everything but the target, then I get melted trying to retrieve my disc from the obscure or terrible place I crash landed it 😂

1 Like

Lol yes that’s also toxic 😂

😂 to make it turn fast on ps4 just turn your ads setting in the game up mines as high as possible then what I do to practice is on each map just circle it in and out of buildings through windows doors ect lol

2 Likes

Current meta doesn’t really encourage me to NOT bait shoot downed fireteam members to death ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Can I edit the ADS for just the Predator? And not for the FT? And does it affect my aiming with the Bow or the PC? I imagine it would but I’m working ATM so I can’t check myself…also I’ve never looked at the setting before either Soooooo…😒😂

1 Like

Ever since I hit Max lvl I don’t claim or finish off opponents unless they are worthy of a Good Death,
Decent Prey= PC blast to the skull OG 87 style.
Worthy Prey= Normal Claim
Strong Prey= Long Claim.
Everyone else I leave them bleeding 😁 sometimes I’ll crouch near them so they don’t die alone since they feel the need to scream and holler for companionship in their final moments.

1 Like

I’ve gotten used to high sensitivity for ft but for aiming a bow and stuff it’s a bitch imo it does effect any weapon you aim with but the damage out out of the disc is sooooo worth it imo

1 Like

I’d be down for making a disc based build if I could attach a controls setting to that one build but seeing as how we can’t even name our builds atm without possibility of the game crashing I doubt that is possible 😂 RN

1 Like