Samurai Sunday Challenge

Damn, does Samurai class suck. I get that he’s a chunky boi with a tiny health boost (tiny, literally) but does his stamina need to be so damn pathetic as well? (Even with the stamina changes in patch 2.05, it’s still not great).

A leap, a couple of Katana swings and my man is ready to have an asthmatic seizure… I was bored, fancied a challenge so decided that from now on Sundays will be Samurai Sundays where the Predator class I use most will be Samurai with the following loadout;

Katana primary
Smart Disc secondary (because throwing stars aren’t available yet)
Bear Traps & Healing Kit.

“Why? That’s suicide!!” I hear you cry. Indeed, in most of the games I’ve played my Katana welding Yautja butt gets served up crisp and toasty to OWLF so fast you’d think FT had a fast food side business.

But if an amateur Predator player like myself can pull off some wins, it made me think that the more skilled Predator mains in the community would fare even better. And as many of you say you are bored of wiping FTs in 3mins with no challenge, I invite you all to take the Samurai Sunday Challenge

For one, it would be good to get feedback on how best to use this class (which is often neglected because it truly is an abysmal class and perhaps we can help get some changes made to him). Second, it forces YOU to adapt and use new tactics. No more relying on Hand Held or Bow damage to soften them up, no combi stick parade dances on their corpses either.

Here’s me making an absolute pig’s ear of a match;

10 Likes

Another good one is melee only scout.

1 Like

Scout Slashin’ Saturdays 👌🏼💯

2 Likes

My second win. So far I’ve had 2 wins, 1 bluescreen, 3 losses. One of those losses was against 3 Dutch players and they just camped Derailed rooftop, when they moved they stayed close and chased me around like I was fried chicken. GIVE US BETTER STAMINA GOD DAMN IT!! Adrenal Boost doesn’t help, I can’t imagine what it would be like NOT running this class without it🙄

Dont run without Adrenal Boost it does make difference without every enganment you could get you into second wind no matter how careful you play.

1 Like

I guess what I’m saying is that the Samurai should be how it is with that perk, otherwise it’s a free win for FT. You’re forced to take Adrenal Boost because of how bad it is without, so that’s a lost perk slot. And Impenetrable is kinda mandatory as well. So really, when you choose Samurai Class you are limited to one perk of your own choosing…and then there’s the gear. Given how big he is, how strong he’s supposed to be, he should have 12 gear points to allow you to take Audio Decoys and Bear Traps… If a skinny boi like City Hunter can carry 12, Samurai should be able to as well.

1 Like

I run Adrenal, Fearless, and Downrange with my Samurai and use bow and katana with bear traps, and if you play methodically and get a good high ground position you can really bully some players and then rush in and finish off the stragglers that’s what I do and it seems to work out just fine, I could just be lucky with the FTs I’ve gone up against but I like the samurai and win with him more often than I do with Zerker that’s for sure

1 Like

I’m going to swap to the Bow eventually, as it still fits in with the Samurai authenticity👍🏼 I just have a weak spot for Smart Discs since I first saw them in the movie. And I like the switch in style when you throw it, just wish they’d give us a bit more time in the air.

1 Like

Yeah I keep trying to get good with the disc but I feel like the fact that I HAVE to pilot it (and of course my terrible piloting skills) make it a wasted slot for me unless I just want to run up and hit them with it…which in that regard there are better weapons for that. If I could lock on within a certain distance or just throw the damn thing in a straight line I Think I would like it more, hopefully the Shuriken will be its own weapon and not just a Skin 👍

1 Like

I’m a samurai main who does take audio decoy bear trap and motion sensors, use pigs to heal instead of taking syringes.

2 Likes

What are these pigs you speak of🤣 I see no pigs 😏

XD granted some maps they are scarce but some not so much

1 Like

bump Cos it’s Samurai Sunday👽

@Procyon9511

I’m loving the new Adrenal Boost
I run Berserker with Katana and I’m having a blast

1 Like

Has anything changed in your loadout or approach since Patch 2.02? Adrenal is still an absolute must for Samurai if welding the Katana. I’m stuck between which is better, Downrange or Fearless, because I feel the Katana is good enough with the Bleed that it doesn’t need the Fearless boost, just smarter swordsmanship. Impenetrable is another must, now that the PDW has been buffed. Beartraps are basically time delayed shurikens now, because your throwing them at targets instead of laying traps with them…

Well considering they nerfed bow headshot damage (which is bullshit btw) and increased the cost of the downrange perk they pretty much removed my desire to play at all. I liked to mix up between range and melee but now I fear preds are now punished for ranged combat.

1 Like

And they seem intent to push us away from melee, so what do they expect us to do? Swear at them to scare them off🙄

I haven’t even gotten around to fully using the bow and exploring it, is the nerf to headshot damage that bad? As in, with the difference between a headshot and bodysuit, am I wasting time trying to get a sweet headshot and should I just fire them into the butts n balls instead which has a higher chance of landing shots?

Well that’s the thing i have no desire to even try, anytime someone whines about something IllFonic wants to hold the fireteams hands 8/10 instead of realizing a simple fact: most fireteams that are losing make tactically unsound decisions, it has nothing to do with balance. So I basically just see this game dying and being lost in memory as a piece of rotted flesh.

1 Like

Yea but ever so slightly I still use Bow and Katana with Healing and Bear Traps
But I run Adrenal, Down Range, and Modified Reserve. And that mixed with some tactical trap placement more than makes up for the nerf to the traps and the Headshot damage for the Bow and agreed the bleed effect makes up for losing fearless. But my go to tactics is to stalk as much as possible uncloaked so as not to alert them with my clickety clicks and then when they are distracted move in and place the traps behind them on or on them and then dropping at least two of them with bow shots before moving in on the last 2 with Katana it works like 80% of the time for me at least 👍 and the increased energy regen helps you use your energy based gear a little more effectively

1 Like