SERIOUS BALANCE SUGGESTION

If you extend the timer to 20 minutes nothing changes unless your going against noobs. A good FT will apply OBJ pressure or hunt you. If they’re applying pressure you have to rush them. If they’re hunting you your not stalking them.

Not to mention this would make those camping spots so much worse (underneath the huts for example) and this would nerf the pred’s timer pressure as well so those death squads that don’t do the OBJ, they’re getting a buff.

1 Like

Ok so il bite. Maybe its because I rarely get caught in traps.

I find them extremely easy to see coming, plus I’m good at tracking pred.

So maybe that’s why I don’t consider it cheap.

Btw the most important thing right now is nerf this fucking Yautja Bane and Tick q skin, too abused perks. You will never see diversity in loadouts if 2 perks are extremely better than the others , and broken also.

2 Likes

All my friends are done with the game. At the high levels the game is a stomp for good FT’s, while it’s a Mt. Fuji sprint for Predators. I have no desire to get four of us in a lobby because we will smash every Predator. There’s a handful of Predators (maybe… 5? If that) that we recognize and need to focus to beat. Congratulations Illfonic, you appealed to a large majority of casuals that’ll drop your game after a week by sacrificing your hardcore base.

3 Likes

I hope this post will be seen and read by the developers, some things really need to be changed. It’s a call from all of the experienced players that are playing this game since day one and now want to drop the game for the serious balance issue. @OldKingHamlet pls dont ignore

4 Likes

This would put us right back to previous balance. The current values allow for good build diversity.

The biggest problem is how quickly missions can be finished. Other than that, the ranged damage of sawz50, possibly a couple other weapons, is a little too high.

The previous patch was aleeady in favor of ft for high level , now is unplayable because of the damage buff. I am talking about how to balance for HIGH LEVEL without affecting too much the casual scenario. There is no build diversity because now all people are running yautja bane , tick skin and double time because these are the best perks by far.

3 Likes

yes, all the same, the damage of the squad, although I think that it should be done less. Just return the old indestructible traps and the game will return to normal, because before the squad had to play carefully so that no one dies, but now they don’t care

1 Like

just return indestructible traps !!!

1 Like

I completely agree with everything that Arrow said here.
He’s one of the most competent players in the competitive scene so he definitely knows what he’s talking about.

2 Likes

game was already too focused on the reinforcements spot in the previous patch. Against a good team , a good predator should have put bear traps in reinforcements spot and camp there after first/second kill. That was how all the high level predator were winning games against good premade teams (you can see it even in the pc tournament in the https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFc8opf-La94IB-4bmhbqQw/videos youtube channel). Game shouldnt be based in camping on the reinforcements spot, but because reinforcements are actually so broken, predator players are forced to prevent the activation of that. Now without the bear traps help (because of the changes) you cannot do it any more and ft players dont care to die because they will respawn and finish their missions in 3/4 minutes while fighting the pred. Thats why is important to change reinforcements mechanic as well as other things:
-reduce timer for activating reinforcements (so people will stay in the game because they have higher chance to be respawned, now all people are quitting after first death because of the long timer)
-Fireteam should respawn with half HP, half ammo and half gears. This can move the game into something different from camping the reinforcements spot all the game, because, now, you know that if they call it you will lose. With this change Predator should be able to play around the fact that reinforcements are in the game, because even if they respawn he still has a chance to abuse of their weakness. Why half hp and 1 syringe only? Because after getting respawned they can choose if using the syringe or searching for default medikit on the map or use the gear medikit. That should also give value of medikit as gear, because otherwise you can litteraly play without syringes and gear medikit because there sooooo many default medikit in the map.

4 Likes

Assault, support, and Dutch 2025 can’t run more than one of these 3 perks. So you have to choose damage or health or speed. That promotes diversity.

The other 3 classes are very gear limited, so they can choose a couple nice perks, but even recon can’t have yautja bane, thick skin, and double time.

The first thing that needs a nerf is reinforcements. All extra gear is a bit too much. You should redeploy with the same gear you had when you died.

These 3 perks are in ALL classes, this is not diversity. Recon and scout and dutch 1987 can use 2 of them. This is the opposite of diversity. How many people are using long spot? What about pig in shit? Six senth? Trmperature perk? Game right bow is stacking with these 3 perks in all classes because are broken as fuck

1 Like

I feel like you didn’t read my post.

You could, but you’re giving up other good perks to do so.

I just told what most of people are using. These 3 perks are far better than the others.

1 Like

They should be. Yautja’s bane is 6 points. The only other 6 point perk I can think of is sixth sense.

Thick skin and double time are 5 points. Gearhead is 5 points, and I use it on my recon and my assault, because my assault has UAV scanner.

Yes but how you can guarantee duverisity if you make 3 perks (even if they cost more) far better than all others. Yautja Bane was already a must have perk , and now it’s just insane , you should never play without it (unless you want to make your self weaker on purpose). Tick skin on dutch 2025 is 185 hp, on dutch 87 is 180 hp and on support 200hp; good luck killing them. Scout + Double time can out run Berserker and Samurai making them usless, plus you literally dodge everything by running with the knife. Predator doesn’t have a perk for increasing speed and Hp. Impenetrable is shit, down range is shit , adrenaline boost costs too much now. There is no diversity right now, all people are using meta perks. I gave some suggestions to be sure that people will play with different perks with every class and playstyle.

Yautja’s bane is only 10%, it’s always been 10%, it’s not a huge deal.

That’s all scout has is speed. If they use field syrettes, they can’t really use anything else and they have less perk points than recon. Also, nets, arrows, and just landing a melee slows down fireteam players, not to mention traps.

Impenetrable is bugged right now. Adrenaline boost is a good perk, so it should be expensive. Downrange is a great perk; with it equipped the spear does 126 damage to the body plus 1 wristblade hit and that is 156 damage in a 2 hit combo.

The short time it takes to melt down a Predator is pretty ridiculous after 2.02, it was kind of sad before too, but now it’s really bad. There are several question marks how Illfonic were thinking when buffing and nerfing things in this latest patch, or did they just change alot of stuff to let us try it out and to see the response from us without testing it first?
I bet Illfonic’s staff member who had the responsibility and confirmed these changes is maining Fireteam. :P

I would also suggest checking out PS4 tournaments on Dovahkiinjr’s YouTube channel as well as on SCK_Leader’s page as those games show in detail how PS4 meta looks like.

1 Like