Should cheating be considered as cheating?

On a serious note to put this simply - Having quality hardware, better monitors with higher resolution/refresh rate, higher mouse DPI, more buttons, keyboards with quicker actuation time, headsets with better sound quality, etc. are all items that give the player an advantage in terms of game quality. Aimbots, wallhacks, whatever, and macros, specifically give the player a mechanical difference. None of the above automate a game mechanic. Aimbots aim for you, and yes the top .5% of CS players can legitimately 1v1 the priciest of aimbots and their gameplay is basically indistinguishable from aimbotting at times, but reaching that point via artifical means is what makes it unfair because a script is doing this for you. A macro shoots for you while you just hold the button. Subsequently, a macro to burst fire weapons, rapid fire place units in an RTS, spam abilities in a MOBA as fast as the best players in the game, autoflasking and botting in an MMO, autoclicking everything in a management sim and so on takes away an element of gameplay so all you have to do is aim while a script handles the inputs for you in sequence. Which is why any competitive game bans macros. It’s skill-based, not a contest to see who can design the best scripts. If your button inputs aren’t your own what is the point?

Case and point the youtube guy selling undetectable no-recoil macros on escape from tarkov. I sure love totally legitimately getting lasered by burst fire AKs why doesnt everyone just buy or program their own scripts work smarter not harder durrr etc.

Arrow, and sharply were cheaters?

I’m aware. Im just joshing.

1 Like

If only they all were just joshing

1 Like

@Thunderwolf450 Gonk? Are you having a stroke? Don’t worry, I brought the medical droids to help. Gonk Gonk Gonk?

MEDICAL GONK

1 Like

2 Likes

I turned crossplay off long ago so buttheads can’t use cheats. The exploits of glitches are annoying, but far less than full blown cheats.

how does higher dpi, mechanical keyboards, more buttons, etc. does not give you a mechanical difference? that sounds contradictory. Those things DO give you a mechanical difference. you can’t type as fast nor click as fast with an amazon basic K&M combo compared to a high quality K&M, changing dpi on the fly for more precise movement, having more buttons accessible at your finger tips… all these things give you a mechanical advantage vs other gear.

You are assuming everyone who is a PC gamer have these tools, which I know for a fact, not all of them do

Thunderwolf is a known cheater, I play vs him a lot and he is definitely using an aimbot for combistick and bow. You are low of the lowest to me…:P

2 Likes

He also somehow removes all the trees and vegetation from the map so he knows where you are at all times.

1 Like

I know, once he found my friend behind a rock because thunderwolf didnt have a rock on his screen!!

2 Likes

tumblr_aff2fec3f369f32749c7013885097cfe_903b267f_400~2

3 Likes

Green scaly man fish…i’m Old Gregg…Please to meet cha.

2 Likes

Because having a higher dpi doesn’t mean you can aim at said DPI. Its like saying maxing out your sensitivity with a controller is cheating, if you can aim like that and consistently hit things at 12,000 DPI then more power to you. Same for wrist aiming vs arm aiming, its user preference doesnt mean arm aimers have an aimbot advantage. I personally don’t have the muscle memory to scale DPIs on the fly in shooters, props to people who can memorize multiple sensivities at different distances (though most games just have scoped sensitivities now.) It’s different if you automate that learning process via 3rd party to try to put yourself at e-sport level like an untalented tool to compensate because you can’t manage recoil while clicking buttons yourself. It’s hard on the brain to strafe and counter strafe while mashing a button or burst firing, most people can’t do that and click rapidly optimally unless they get it down to milisecond muscle memory and rhythm because they’re human beings. The human brain isn’t actually meant to multitask and holding a button is far less taxing than clicking obviously.

Macros are AUTOMATED. Being bottlenecked by hardware is a completely different argument and some professional valorant streamer is still going to flex on everyone with an office keyboard $10 earbuds and a 60hz monitor, plenty of people grow up accustomed to playing with input lag, no mousepad, and their mouse sideways because they never had enough room on their desk - still flexed on people because their muscle memory and reaction time is that good. That $500 keyboard and gaming chair isn’t going to multitask for you just because the buttons are more sensitive. But I can set up a macro in OG starcraft that’ll make me look like a god without actually having to hit buttons this fast myself. Or play a runner in avp with a macro binded to every button so I just occasionally have to hit WASD and hold down buttons like an asshole.

This accusing of cheating bullshit needs to stop, it’s nonsense because some of us can actually play better than most.

We just got done playing for a few hours, I wasn’t even using a pistol, I was using the AK47 and Vektor. Guess what, we still got accused of aimboting because we can actually track the pred in mid air with the Vektor. The guy was a PC pred at that, he just could not believe good tracking is possible with a mouse. Fucking idiots I swear!

1 Like

Do you remember the time, thundercat just snapped with his predator fingers and we lost 1sec after that? This guy is really suspicious…

Once a whole village on the outskirts of the forest where this gargantuan beast know to men as Thunderwolf450 dwells disappeared out of the blue. And no one could even remember if there truly ever was a village there. 'Tis the ungodly power of the monstrous creature known as Thunderwolf450. “Beware of the wolf that brings thunder” the elderfolk used to say.

Hardware advantage is hardware advantage, if someone is incapable of making use for it, does not mean he does not have one. If I roll with 90 frames like I do, ultra wide screen(better field of view), mechanical kb, excellent mouse, excellent headset, all of those are clear advantages over PS players(most don’t even have headsets). Now if someone is bad enough that all of the above make no difference in his performance, it just means he is that bad.

'Tis the only image of the daemon that you call Thunderwolf450 know to man.

He also has the power to change its voice. I swear I heard it speak with female voice a few days ago!

1 Like