Should Chopper flying over bomb be ft win

Cuz like…you manage to get the chopper into tha AO while the bomb is arming and detonating and you manage to escape. Seems like a ft win to me.

You see like “killing” the pred forcing them to self destruct and THEN getting into the chopper, all in the time zone of 20-30 seconds is quite the feat.

Forcing self destruct then escaping should be ft win

Idk

If the FT escapes, they win. But since Illfonic is mentally damaged, they count pred self-destructions as pred wins.

Realistically, if you escape in the chopper as a team and the pred detonates but you all survive, you win. If the predator goes down, he loses, Illfonic just needs an excuse to keep idiot-proofing FT so they count self-destructs as wins.

1 Like

Why do predator self destruction count as a win? YOU STILL DIED!!! I get that predators find it dishonorable if you don’t self destruct, If i shot you, and got away as you blew yourself apart, I STILL KILLED YOU.

I thought self destruct was only a pred win if all FT members die

Exactly my argument. If I successfully either escaped, or was outside the blast radius, but otherwise survived, that should be a win. There’s only two sides to this game, winning or losing. That should be the only way to define the end of the match, not anything lore-based or complicating it with different scenarios. Its all about who says dead or alive next to their name.

I think if you killed the pred and died in the explosion, It’s pretty much a tie. but not a full on predator win.

we are still not sure about this. I believe it counts as a draw, but I could be mistaken. illfonic has not be very clear about it and since the end cutscene is the same regardless if one FT survives or not, I am inclined to believe it counts as a draw regardless

That would constitute as a tie, or no contest, if all five players were dead at the end. Also, what about bots? Do they even have the right to decide what a win or loss is, because of how they do or don’t behave?

Then let’s find out

@OldKingHamlet does Predator self-destruction success count as a win for Predator? For this case, let’s say he kills no FT members with it and simply detonates, leaving the remaining members alive outside of the bomb radius

3 Likes

Ok, here are the scenarios. There are 5.
FT wins…
1.) At least 1 FT escapes in the chopper with any hp left. Any left behind in the jungle are presumed to be killed by either AI or Predator.
2.) FT kills Predator and successfully claims the body.

Predator wins…
1.) If all 4 FT members are dead. No chopper escapees.
2.) If it detonates, regardless of whether the explosion kills anything.

Draw…
1.) All 5 players are dead.

1 Like

I think you should move down the Pred2 win to become a draw.

1 Like

There is an ending where the chopper flies off. All that needs to be done is either play solo or Predator is counting down the bomb but everyone escapes before they blow. It’s not difficult to pull off, just down Predator and everyone board the chopper.

That’s basically the same as regular evac. Same cinematic.

Nope. Reason being, FT MUST escape or claim the Preds body/tech. A big fat crater does not help your organization. Those are the conditions. I didn’t make em up, that’s just how they are.

I thought if you escaped before the bomb goes off it’s a ft win has anyone gotten the challenge off this scenario

its a ft win. is a slight variant of the chopper escape. only difference is without the pred and if the bomb goes off you’ll see some slowmo effect.

That’s right! I forgot about that! I’ve seen that so many times in private matches playing solo farming VT I forgot about it. Yes, if you escape the explosion and the chopper escape cinematic plays, OR if you never encounter a Pred at all (vis-a-vis Pred freezes/crashes/quits while still alive and well) you get the chopper just flying away. Well, hot damn, FT gets 2 more win scenarios. OP can get their win, provided they escape on the chopper before the blast.

Illfonic have always been unclear about who the victor of a match is, but some should be very clear.

In my opinion the only win conditions for the Fireteam are:

• Complete the mission and have atleast one player manage to exfiltrate before the timer runs out.
  • Kill the Predator while atleast one Fireteam player survives.

And the win conditions for the Predator:

• Make the match last long enough so the timer runs out and the Fireteam fails to exfiltrate in time.
  • Kill the whole Fireteam(with weapons or the self destruct).

To the people claiming that the Predator wins if you activate the self destruct and blow up, no matter if you kill the Fireteam or not, you people have low IQ. So you’re saying that when the round starts i can instantly walk outside boundaries, second wind myself and then activate the bomb to win within a minute? GG xD

I also believe people should stop interpret the helicopter scene above the blast zone their own ways and make up stories about win/loss, it tells us nothing about who won. We all know Illfonic lacks the ability to clear out things, fix bugs and so on. We’ve asked for this since the early days, but nope!

Why can’t we just get a big fat text message coming up saying: “The Fireteam wins!”, “The Predator wins!” or “Draw!” at the end of a round? I bet Illfonic would mess that up aswell, making the text come up that says that the Predator won even though the Fireteam killed and secured the body.

We got “Prey escaped” and the “Epic Handshake” scene. But we need a text telling us, because for some people it’s not obvious enough.

This is only a win if the Predator manages to kill AND CLAIM a FT. The timeout cutscene activates if FT fails to win (and there is no pred) the same as if there is a Pred but no claims. It’s absurd that even if Pred manages to get 3 kills and a timeout its considered a draw if there wasn’t a single claim, but the game is what it is.

I don’t think the bomb activation is a win for Pred, but definitely a draw, which can be abused through exploits given the fact that pred can auto-inflict damage

Another interesting (maybe bugged) scenario is when FT manages to finish the mission and call the chopper, but no one gets on it and there were no successful exfil or claims. This, IMO, would be considered a draw, but instead it shows the FT exfil cutscene, even though no one got on the chopper. Weird, but happens.

if it does count as a draw that’s still bad cause then you just throw all those matches out the window when the pred player literally died imagine the skew that could cause in data if no pred body was ever captured

“i guess preds are op cause they have 100% win rate since they never lose”